paulcone
Delivery Date: 21 Oct 2015

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:48 am

Drivelectric wrote:I take the point that Bluetooth is easier than Wi-Fi, but the LELink doesn't seem to be available in the UK. I've searched around and found this variant of the iCar3 but I'm still not sure. Anyone tried it or know of a better alternative to the LELink?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00US6T9D0/r ... XJRQ&psc=1

If all else fails I could import an LELink but it's a costly solution!
$35 on eBay. Ships worldwide.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LELink-Bluetoot ... 1386682275

Marktm
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 09 Jan 2016
Leaf Number: 022737

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:42 am

Marktm wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:

If you would like to test version 1.2.7 which addresses this problem please send your email address to the email address on the About screen and I will add you to the tester's group. You need to be running iOS 8+ to be a tester.

Yes, the LELink should work fine with your 5s.
Turbo3;
Will I need to get the beta version of Leaf Spy to work correctly with my 5s and the LELink? Also should I get the extension cord to mount the dongle out of "knee" range and also to allow removal without potential buss damage? I'm thinking that once all the hardware is installed,( my iphone is communicating with the Leaf thru Bluetooth currently), that opening the APP is all I'll need to do? I am going to read the wiki instructions in detail, but just trying to get the jist before I order.

Mark
Has anyone had recent actual experience with the iphone and the LELink (Bluetooth), combined with some type of extension cable using iOS 8+? Is there a preferred routing and position of the dongle - or is the Wiki article recommendation the best? Is it best to keep the dongle hooked up at all times and if so, does Bluetooth automatically recognize it once set up on the iphone? Seems the Bluetooth is relatively new for the iphone - and not much has been posted yet!
Thanks for any advice.
2012 Leaf SL; 46,000 miles. Battery replaced November 1st, 2016.

glecko
Delivery Date: 03 Feb 2014
Leaf Number: 2193

Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:09 pm

Just received the OBD II LE Link Bluetooth hardware, plugged it into the 2011 Leaf I'm driving, and voila, connection to the Leaf Spy Pro app on my iPhone. No connecting cable. No muss, no fuss.

I'm curious if leaving the hardware plugged in will draw any current when the car is "off"?

I'll poke around and see if the question is answered in the thread. Thanks for a great tool.
2/3/14 - Acquired previously owned 2011 SL Glacier Pearl
Name: Frosty
Blink EVSE installed/working

AlexB
Delivery Date: 05 Mar 2016

Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:36 am

Hello,
I have just bought Leafspy Pro 1.2.5 en for IOS (I use an Iphone 6) and I have issues connecting it with my new Leaf MY2016 (30wh) using a Lelink OBD-II bluetooth dongle.
Using the console option I see the ATZ command ,then TDA61 V2.43 on and on, but no data flow is coming.
Have you an idea what is going on?
is it a dongle or a software issue?
The dongle is coming from outdoor-apps.com

Alexandre

UPDATE!
Jim sent me a testflight invitation for the 1.2.9 version and it works!
Excellent support! Thanks you Jim

donyjunk
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2015

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Polling to see what different peoples' experiences are with different types of bluetooth 4.0 OBDII adapters.
Looks like the iOS LSP supportes the LELink, Kiwi3, and iCar 3.
I went with an iCar3, thinking they would all act more or less the same. Being used to Bluetooth 2.0 devices installation was a little confusing, I kept turning bluetooth on and off and on and off on my phone, and didn't see any new devices, also tried plugging and unplugging multiple times, same issue, nothing new showed up.
Then I turned on the LSP beta version and voila, connection established, and going back to the bluetooth settings the item appears as present.
Came back several days later, turned on LSP, no connection. Tried on and off on the car, no go. It took unplugging and replugging the iCar3 OBDII dongle again to make it reappear in LSP.

Is this how all the bluetooth 4.0 dongles work? Or can I get my iCar3 to work without un/replugging to show by doing some different sequence of things (car off, restarting LSP, starting car? Or starting car before LSP?) or do the different 4.0 devices act differently? If it takes un/replugging to get the OBDII to show again via bluetooth 4.0 maybe I'm better off with a wifi one that has a working on/off switch. Or maybe I need to do a hardware hack and solder in a switch if I can figure out which supplies power to the OBDII device.

I tried an iCar 2 wifi which is supposed to have an on off switch- it auto turned off which seems like a nice power saving feature, but didn't turn back on with the on button, I needed to un/re-plug as well. In retrospect maybe the VeePeak wifi which didn't auto turn off but at least had a working on/off button would have been the best choice, since it's even more of a pain to un/replug each time for use..

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:47 pm

I'm curious if leaving the hardware plugged in will draw any current when the car is "off"?
Unless the reader has an on/off switch or something like auto-sleep, it will always draw some current, and that has resulted in a few dead 12 volt Leaf batteries. You can change the pin wiring to make it turn off with the car, though. Details are in this topic.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

AlanSqB
Delivery Date: 26 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 300613

Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:16 am

Has anyone got a recommendation on a rock-solid module yet? I went through two of those LELink from Outdoor Apps and ended up with the same issues on each.

I'd really like to find a module that just works.

Thanks,
Alan
[s]2015 LEAF SV in Gunmetal Gray[/s] Returned 2/2018
"The only gas in this vehicle comes from the driver."
I drive a LEAF, it doesn't have Ludicrous or Insane mode. It only has Slightly Annoyed mode.

SalisburySam
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 24 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 018156

Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:50 am

My iCAR3 continues to function well, have had no failures or glitches whatsoever. It is WiFi.
Nissan 2012 LEAF SL, 13,500 miles, 9 bars, 30-mile max range

Tesla Model 3: Long Range Rear Wheel Drive | Extended AutoPilot | Full Self-Driving
Delivered: July, 2018 | 13,500 miles
Get 1000 miles free Supercharging: https://ts.la/john70942

Marktm
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 09 Jan 2016
Leaf Number: 022737

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:41 am

AlanSqB wrote:Has anyone got a recommendation on a rock-solid module yet? I went through two of those LELink from Outdoor Apps and ended up with the same issues on each.

Thanks,
Alan

You had problems with LELink, Bluetooth and the latest version of LeafSpy for iOS with iphone 5 or later?
2012 Leaf SL; 46,000 miles. Battery replaced November 1st, 2016.

onyerlefty
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2016

LEAF battery warranty / GIDs measurement

Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:27 am

Love LeafSpy - a handy window into what's going on inside my 2011 Leaf, with few other clues available to internal combustion veterans like me.

Your very capable app shows 64.8% of battery capacity remaining (182 GIDs), and Nissan warranties the battery "against capacity loss below nine (9) bars (or approximately below 70 percent) as shown on the vehicle's battery capacity gauge...". When I brought the vehicle into a dealer for battery replacement, however, a service tech reported 9 bars showing on the battery gauge, and on that basis my warranty claim was refused.

I could wait out the summer here in Southern California and likely see the bars drop to 8 before my warranty expires. But then I discovered their service measurement was taken minutes after Nissan had installed a software "upgrade", which magically added 8-10 miles of range to the car! By all appearances, Nissan is intentionally manipulating the car's OS, Volkswagen-style, to avoid the cost of battery replacement instead of accurately representing the battery's capacity on the battery gauge.

Question: can you provide the specific CAN frame identifier you're using to calculate GIDs, and why the calculation can be considered a sound and accurate measurement of battery capacity? I would like to approach them with a rational justification for my claim before our dispute moves into the legal realm.

I'm connecting to the car's diagnostic port using an LELink OBD-II. Thank you.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”