donyjunk
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2015

Re: LEAF battery warranty / GIDs measurement

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:45 pm

with at least 3 warranty years left and only 1 bar left to go, why bother with a legal fight, "as show on the vehicle's battery capacity gauge" is their out, and unless you had a photo of your gauge at 8 bars magically back up to 9 post software update you don't have a case I think. I think if you were at the equivalent of 7 bars (58%) and they were saying no on the replacement you have an easy case since even with rounding and optimistic assumptions it's hard to generate more than one imaginary bar (8%), but this sounds like rounding error on the 9th bar. If you're worried about hitting your 100k limit before you can get a warranty replacement just make sure in the next few months you don't follow any of the recommended advice for stretching your battery life.
onyerlefty wrote:Love LeafSpy - a handy window into what's going on inside my 2011 Leaf, with few other clues available to internal combustion veterans like me.

Your very capable app shows 64.8% of battery capacity remaining (182 GIDs), and Nissan warranties the battery "against capacity loss below nine (9) bars (or approximately below 70 percent) as shown on the vehicle's battery capacity gauge...". When I brought the vehicle into a dealer for battery replacement, however, a service tech reported 9 bars showing on the battery gauge, and on that basis my warranty claim was refused.

I'm connecting to the car's diagnostic port using an LELink OBD-II. Thank you.

AlanSqB
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:33 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 300613
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:31 pm

Marktm wrote:
AlanSqB wrote:Has anyone got a recommendation on a rock-solid module yet? I went through two of those LELink from Outdoor Apps and ended up with the same issues on each.

I'd really like to find a module that just works.

Thanks,
Alan

You had problems with LELink, Bluetooth and the latest version of LeafSpy for iOS with iphone 5 or later?
I was using the currently released version at the time. The last one I sent back was on January 10th. Has it changed since then? I think it was the adaptors and not the LeafSpy because it also wouldn't work in my truck with EngineLink or Fusion. Something happened where the name of the device changed each time and then I could no longer connect.
[s]2015 LEAF SV in Gunmetal Gray[/s] Returned 2/2018
"The only gas in this vehicle comes from the driver."
I drive a LEAF, it doesn't have Ludicrous or Insane mode. It only has Slightly Annoyed mode.

donyjunk
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2015

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:23 pm

interesting, my adapter was an iCAR3 bluetooth 4.0 version, and it works when first plugged in. Then it goes to sleep or whatever, and starting the car up again won't make it show. Need to unplug and replug. SalisburySam, you leave it plugged in, or unplug each time? Does it autosleep after about half an hour with no connection? Just restarting your car makes it come back to life? What model year Leaf?

Which seller for the ICAR3- I wonder if there are lots of unofficial clones- the Chinese manufacturers seem to copy each other a lot and sometimes they clone not quite exactly, for good or for bad. My iCAR3 bluetooth 4.0 came from Vgatemall seller on amazon which based on the name I would assume is as official as there would be.
SalisburySam wrote:
I'd really like to find a module that just works.
My iCAR3 continues to function well, have had no failures or glitches whatsoever. It is WiFi.

LeafMuranoDriver
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 8:15 am
Delivery Date: 01 May 2015
Leaf Number: 323189
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:55 am

I just saw this screenshot posted. It has a "Reset" button under 12,612 Wh. Is this new? I have the same version but do not have that. I've been wanting it badly though! Does it reset all of the settings for a new drive?

Image
2015 Leaf S w/ QC
Mfg: Jan. '15 // Pur: May '15
Best: 6/27/15 - 1,416 Miles - 292 GIDs - 63.11 Ahr - 22.6 kWh - 100% SOH - 97.2% Hx - 4 QC, 29 L2
Worst: 12/12/15 - 4,616 Miles - 259 GIDs - 55.02 Ahr - 20.1 kWh - 99% SOH - 82.8% Hx - 17 QC, 96 L2[/size]

User avatar
SalisburySam
Gold Member
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 24 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 018156
Location: Salisbury, NC

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:32 pm

donyjunk wrote: SalisburySam, you leave it plugged in, or unplug each time? Does it autosleep after about half an hour with no connection? Just restarting your car makes it come back to life? What model year Leaf?

Which seller for the ICAR3- I wonder if there are lots of unofficial clones- the Chinese manufacturers seem to copy each other a lot and sometimes they clone not quite exactly, for good or for bad. My iCAR3 bluetooth 4.0 came from Vgatemall seller on amazon which based on the name I would assume is as official as there would be.
SalisburySam wrote:
I'd really like to find a module that just works.
My iCAR3 continues to function well, have had no failures or glitches whatsoever. It is WiFi.
Hi donyjunk. To your questions:
  • - I leave the iCAR3 plugged in at all times, no plugging/unplugging. Once one removed it to try on another vehicle, then reinstalled on LEAF.
    - The iCAR3 autosleeps after 30 minutes providing no further connection. Verified with my iPhone6.
    - Restarting the vehicle seems to restart the iCAR3. I'm able to connect my LeafSpyPro app on the iPhone6 every time.
    - I have a 2012SL
    - purchased the iCAR3 July 12, 2015 from Amazon and it was sold by a company called "ebuyerdeal."
I received and installed on the LEAF a few days after order. I had some problems initially with Dropbox access through LeafSpyPro, but that has long since been corrected. No problems to date attributable to the iCAR3. And it is so small I don't hit it with my knee, or even see it. Lastly, the iCAR3 I have is WiFi, not Bluetooth, and the network it creates defaults to the name "V-LINK".

Good luck!
Nissan 2012 LEAF SL, 13,500 miles, 9 bars, 30-mile max range

Tesla Model 3: Long Range Rear Wheel Drive | Extended AutoPilot | Full Self-Driving
Delivered: July, 2018 | 13,500 miles
Get 1000 miles free Supercharging: https://ts.la/john70942

LeafMuranoDriver
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 8:15 am
Delivery Date: 01 May 2015
Leaf Number: 323189
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:59 pm

LeafMuranoDriver wrote:I just saw this screenshot posted. It has a "Reset" button under 12,612 Wh. Is this new? I have the same version but do not have that. I've been wanting it badly though! Does it reset all of the settings for a new drive?

Image
I found the setting to activate the "Reset" button but it only resets the Wh/Regen calculator and nothing else.

Is there any way to put a Reset button to reset all of the data (a few different items when you tap it) that is under the big 42?
2015 Leaf S w/ QC
Mfg: Jan. '15 // Pur: May '15
Best: 6/27/15 - 1,416 Miles - 292 GIDs - 63.11 Ahr - 22.6 kWh - 100% SOH - 97.2% Hx - 4 QC, 29 L2
Worst: 12/12/15 - 4,616 Miles - 259 GIDs - 55.02 Ahr - 20.1 kWh - 99% SOH - 82.8% Hx - 17 QC, 96 L2[/size]

Jdooley
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:29 pm
Delivery Date: 24 Mar 2016
Leaf Number: 017033

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:49 am

Three questions. Is there a leaf spy pro for dummies on this thread? I've read the about/help in the application help and I need help understanding
Ah
Soc
Gids
Soh?
My state of health SOH is %72 my GIDs is %66.5 I can get a replacement when the battery is %69 or lower. It still has 10 bars which seems like %80?
I'll keep re reading the about help but if anyone has a simple explanation that would be nice.
Also how can I figure out my cars range past the very low battery warning ?
How do I know if my battery is at 69% to be eligible for replacement ? Is it the gid percentage or the soh percentage ? Any help would be much appreciated

TimLee
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:27 am

Jdooley wrote:Three questions. Is there a leaf spy pro for dummies on this thread? ...
http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Leaf_Spy_Pro is a starting point.

Battery capacity warranty is all based on the LEAF losing four capacity bars.
Nominally is 66.25% capacity.
But they are often slow to disappear.

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

donyjunk
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2015

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:10 pm

OK, thanks. I wonder if there's any reason the BT and WiFi versions would act any different w/r to restarting, or if the difference is in the car model year. I have a 2013SV. I wouldn't EXPECT any changes, but I also wouldn't expect the BT and WiFi iCar3 versions to differ in restart behavior. Ah well, I guess worth a shot. If it doesn't work, back to Amazon I guess.
SalisburySam wrote:
  • - I leave the iCAR3 plugged in at all times, no plugging/unplugging. Once one removed it to try on another vehicle, then reinstalled on LEAF.
    - The iCAR3 autosleeps after 30 minutes providing no further connection. Verified with my iPhone6.
    - Restarting the vehicle seems to restart the iCAR3. I'm able to connect my LeafSpyPro app on the iPhone6 every time.
    - I have a 2012SL
    - purchased the iCAR3 July 12, 2015 from Amazon and it was sold by a company called "ebuyerdeal."
Good luck!

LeafMuranoDriver
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 8:15 am
Delivery Date: 01 May 2015
Leaf Number: 323189
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:55 pm

LeafMuranoDriver wrote:
LeafMuranoDriver wrote:Is there any way to put a Reset button to reset all of the data (a few different items when you tap it) that is under the big 42?
^^^^^^^^^^^
2015 Leaf S w/ QC
Mfg: Jan. '15 // Pur: May '15
Best: 6/27/15 - 1,416 Miles - 292 GIDs - 63.11 Ahr - 22.6 kWh - 100% SOH - 97.2% Hx - 4 QC, 29 L2
Worst: 12/12/15 - 4,616 Miles - 259 GIDs - 55.02 Ahr - 20.1 kWh - 99% SOH - 82.8% Hx - 17 QC, 96 L2[/size]

Return to “LEAF CANBus”