Page 42 of 48

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 pm
by cwerdna
mischl wrote:Thanks a lot for the fast and informative reply.

It is very hard to find and pick the right information out of threads.

Would this one be ok?
Otherwise this I guess.
Understood. For some reason, your links didn't work. I had to Google for the ASIN followed by Amazon.

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.de/Bluetooth-Diagnose-Interface-Vgate-Scanner/dp/B07537S9G9
(has ASIN B07537S9G9) "ELM327 Bluetooth Mini Diagnose CAN BUS Interface Auto Car PKW KFZ OBD 2 MINI Vgate Scan Tool OBD2 OBDII ELM327 V2.1 Code Scanner" probably will NOT work with iOS version of Leaf Spy.

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.de/Vgate-Bluetooth-Code-Leser-Android-Kompatibel/dp/B071D8SYXN
(has ASIN of B071D8SYXN) described as "Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) OBD2 OBDII Fehler Code-Leser Auto Check Engine Licht für iOS iPhone iPad / Android Kompatibel mit ELM327 Adapter" might work.

Search for posts by Turbo3 on adapters.

Again, Turbo3 recommends LELink, partly because he says pairing isn't required: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 80#p460780. He's recommended it numerous times (e.g. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... nd#p517961, http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... nd#p496777 and http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... nd#p491262).

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:29 pm
by mischl
Thank you for the patience.

All the Amazon links from the posts are heading to https://www.amazon.com/?tag=myelecarfor-20 which does not hold any useful information.
Anyway, LeLink must be this one https://www.amazon.de/OBD2-KFZ-Diagnose ... rds=LELink I guess

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 pm
by cwerdna
^^^
Yeah, this web site is possibly altering the links. Or, it's doing funny redirection since I guess you're in Germany (.de for Deutschland) and I'm in the US (along w/most of the users here).

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:25 pm
by harm
Hi, I have a 2018 US Leaf and am using v 1.7.37.
Almost everything works as expected except:
1. + <infinite>% GIDS
2. Tire pressure never shows up

See pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/62oksfx10tzva ... y.png?dl=0

Any help appreciated.

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:17 am
by vidas911
Just pulled LeafSpy Pro version 1.7.38 for iOS. Sadly, my ELM327 WiFi adapter doesn't fully connect the 2012 car to LeafSpy. It stops on yellow ELM 11, sometimes on 12. Couldn't generate the log from console on my iPhone, but made some screenshots- I do hope you can see them. Any help?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KnZKzJNTj6iRdhoKA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6CrAdI76dGIgFQC33

Cheers! Vidas

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:56 am
by Turbo3
vidas911 wrote:Just pulled LeafSpy Pro version 1.7.38 for iOS. Sadly, my ELM327 WiFi adapter doesn't fully connect the 2012 car to LeafSpy. It stops on yellow ELM 11, sometimes on 12. Couldn't generate the log from console on my iPhone, but made some screenshots- I do hope you can see them. Any help?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KnZKzJNTj6iRdhoKA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6CrAdI76dGIgFQC33

Cheers! Vidas
I need to see the top of the console log. Newest entries are at the top.

Assuming your Leaf is turned on (dash gauges active) stopping at state 11/12 would indicate your WiFi Adapter is not ELM327 compliant. It is missing support for commands needed to connect to the Leaf. You can use it on other cars just not the Leaf.

I recommend getting an LELink which is Bluetooth 4.x LE and requires no setup.

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 am
by Turbo3
harm wrote:Hi, I have a 2018 US Leaf and am using v 1.7.37.
Almost everything works as expected except:
1. + <infinite>% GIDS
2. Tire pressure never shows up

See pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/62oksfx10tzva ... y.png?dl=0

Any help appreciated.
Don't currently know how to read the Tire pressures from a 2018 Leaf. That will be added once the sequence is learned.

For the %Gids I need an ELM trace. See bottom of the help file for how to do it.

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:21 pm
by spike
Hello,

I've got a 3016 Japanese market LEAF and I've been using LeafSpy for a while, but I've never been able to get it to read the tire pressures. I have switch the 'use alternate method' setting off and on a few times with no result...

Thanks,

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:27 am
by Turbo3
spike wrote:Hello,

I've got a 3016 Japanese market LEAF and I've been using LeafSpy for a while, but I've never been able to get it to read the tire pressures. I have switch the 'use alternate method' setting off and on a few times with no result...

Thanks,
Check the owner's manual to see if it came with TPMS in the wheels. If not, then there is no way to read the tire pressures.

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:42 am
by spike
I didn't get a owners manual but this is an X model... with the big head unit, cruise control etc... Do make Leafs with out TPS? I thought that would be needed for other things? This car does have a collision detection feature that beeps at you if you about to hit something...