gesingle
Delivery Date: 14 Mar 2019
Leaf Number: 309521

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Turbo3 wrote:
donyjunk wrote:Maybe since I've been on vacation it's been too long since I last used it, but does the car need to be fully on for Leafspy to record charging? I coulda sworn I used to be able to get a charge graph while in accessory mode (one power button press, without brake pressed). Now it seems to only log if I do second press of power button ( brake off).
For the older Leafs you could graph charging without the Leaf being on. For the newer ones things have changed. I think on one new one I tested you needed to have the Leaf full on first to get the graph going and then you could turn the Leaf off. You also might be able to start a graph if you start charging just after you turn your Leaf off. The key is that the VCM ECU still needs to be awake to get the data from the battery controller. The VCM is the bridge between the CAR CAN bus the OBDII Adapter is plugged into and the EV CAN bus the battery controller is on.
This is an old quote but it was the clue I needed to get a charge graph on my new 2019 SL Plus. I'm using iOS LeafSpy Pro v1.7.38 and an LELink 2 dongle. With the car off, initial attempts to monitor a charge gave an intermittent graph, with green, yellow, and orange connection status indications. Relay clicking could be heard from the rear of the car every few seconds. If I opened the car door I would get green status and a short run of data. In accessory mode, I got green status and good charging data for about 30 minutes until the car shut itself off. Re-enabling accessory continued the data acquisition.

I assume this is normal due to the VCM ECU state. My suggestion is that the LeafSpy help file be updated to describe this behavior.

HaydenCMH
Delivery Date: 19 Mar 2019
Leaf Number: 305649

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:29 pm

Hello! I was wondering if iOS LeafSpy Pro supported VSP settings in the service menu. In my brand new Leaf, I am not able to adjust the settings. There is a yellow box with black text reading “Turn Leaf On”, although my Leaf is on already. Is this an iOS issue or something more? Thanks!

sptleaf
Delivery Date: 18 Feb 2019

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm

HaydenCMH wrote:Hello! I was wondering if iOS LeafSpy Pro supported VSP settings in the service menu. In my brand new Leaf, I am not able to adjust the settings. There is a yellow box with black text reading “Turn Leaf On”, although my Leaf is on already. Is this an iOS issue or something more? Thanks!
Worked for me on my 2019 Leaf S. LeLink v1 dongle and LeafSpy Pro iPhone X. Turned off my back up sound no problem. Need to click Show service menu.

remingtone
Delivery Date: 19 Jun 2017

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:19 am

hi there! I bought the Leaf Spy Pro in App Store right now... firstly, in the settings there is only a Wi-Fi, while I use the recommend LeLink Bluetooth adapter. secondly, it was possible to connect to the bluetooth adapter only after turning Wi-Fi off in the iphone settings and only when I was inside the car. guys, it's horrible! I already have an Android version of the Leaf Spy Pro and there are no such problems with it! in the Android version I can see the state of charge without leaving home! but with this ios version I need to go to the car, turn off Wi-Fi in my phone, pull out the adapter from the connector and push it on again. only this way the program starts working. this is not acceptable for me and for my $ 20. so please make the program work as well as it works on Android or give me back my money. thanks

p.s. iphone XS, last ios version

Calaveras
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:29 pm

I have an iPhone 6 and the same LE Link and never had this issue.
I just plug the link into the car then wait a couple minutes then leafspy sees it.

As an experiment I would download the engine link LE app put out by the company that makes the LELink and plug it into a different car. I have used it on a Dodge and it works fine.
If that works you can rule out the LE Link as the issue.

I know is sucks when you have a new piece of electronics and it does not work.
2016 Leaf S bought used in 2017
2017 Soul EV bought in 2019 for spouse.
Daily commute is 55 miles round trip with a 1,900 foot elevation climb on the way home. Gold Country California

remingtone
Delivery Date: 19 Jun 2017

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:43 am

I don’t know how it happened, but today the program has started working. :shock: yesterday I tried several times, but nothing helped. it worked only in the car and only after juggling the adapter. but today suddenly it started connecting from home, without problems and everything works well. I don't know what to think, guys. thanks for the app! :)

Lnomis
Delivery Date: 03 May 2019
Leaf Number: 304221

Fri May 17, 2019 9:35 am

Can we Expecting support for tire pressure on Leaf 2019?
Using the LELink2 OBD2 I got many lost frames: 28 this morning in a 10 km ride with my Leaf 2019 40kwh (it is supposed to be zero in the app manual). Could this affect the data collected by the app?

lorenfb
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635

Fri May 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Turbo3 had indicated that Pro would have the ability to calculate battery resistance similar to TM-Spy & LeafDD. Can't find it either
noted in the manual nor the app itself. I would like to determine the battery resistance of the 2019 40kWh, and compare to my 2013.
It would very useful to also know the battery resistance of the Leaf Plus, as concern exists about battery heat with successive QC charging
over short time intervals. Have I missed it during my search, or is it still in the planning mode?
#1 Leaf SL MY 9/13: 74K miles, 48 Ahrs, 5.2 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=78, L2 - 100% > 1000, temp < 95F, (DOD) > 20 Ahrs
#2 Leaf SL MY 12/18: 4.5K miles, 115 Ahrs, 5.5 miles/kWh (average), Hx=98, SOH=99, DOD > 20%, temp < 105F

dteirney
Delivery Date: 14 Jul 2019
Leaf Number: 115403

Turning off the lock and unlock beeps for JDM Nissan Leaf

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:58 pm

I have a JDM Nissan Leaf. All the online manuals/articles I've read suggest holding down both the lock and unlock buttons on the intelligent key to go into "hazard indicator mode" which stops the beeping when locking or unlocking the care.
To switch the hazard indicator and horn (chime) operation, push the LOCK and UN-LOCK buttons on the Intelligent Key simultaneously for more than 2 seconds.
No luck for me though - perhaps it doesn't apply to the JDM model? No luck for a bunch of other New Zealanders where our only source of Nissan Leaf's is second hand imports from Japan.

Assuming this is some peculiarity with the JDM leaf... Is there a way to have LeafSpy Pro turn off the lock and unlock beeps?

msm914
Delivery Date: 28 Jun 2019

iOS LeafSpy Pro Support: TPMS

Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:40 am

I've recently installed LeafSpy Pro and it appears to be communicating fine with my 2019 Leaf S (US version) that I bought at the end of June ... except for one problem ... it constantly says "Leaf must be moving to read tire pressures" and "New UK Leaf, enable "Use Alternate method to read Tires" in Settings. I've driven for miles without the TPMS reading getting displayed by LeafSpy (the car itself is reading and displaying all 4 tire pressures just fine). In settings the Alternate method for UK Leaf is there but grayed out (I assume because I have a US Leaf).

Any ideas? Thanks.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”