AV can bus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nihalot

hey guys

I dont own a Leaf, but I am retrofitting a Nissan Altima stereo system in my Skoda Octavia.
As the altima forums have nothing related to can bus i thought this forum would be my best bet.

The stereo system is a panasonic one.
I need the steering wheel button Can messages so that i can get my steering wheel buttons to work with the stereo. I am assuming that nissan has universal can bus messages for all their cars.

I would be grateful if someone could sniff their AV can bus and provide me with the codes for the steering wheel buttons.

thanks in advance

I don't have the can bus messages but I believe the steering wheel controls for the leaf are not can based but are a resistive network. Only the buttons surrounding the nav unit are can based.

The nav unit in the leaf is made by Clarion, not Panasonic, so you may have issue there.

There's a few messages that shared with other Nissan modules related to the VCM (ECM in a gas car) and the ABS module, but no idea about nav related messages.

the steering wheel controls on the altima are also resistor based, but the instrument cluster encodes them to CAN and sends the message to the nav unit. can any one check if leaf also works on the same principle? if so i could give the can bus messages from leaf a go on the altima unit

I don't know what year your Leaf is, but my 2012 schematic shows the steering wheel buttons connecting directly to the A/V system via resistors:
av_schematic.jpg

Back