Tyger
Delivery Date: 05 Oct 2015
Leaf Number: 313717

Re: SOH value jumping around.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:18 pm

I keep all the data in a spreadsheet, and typically save screenshots for recording in the spreadsheet later...
Battery spreadsheet. AHr and Hx move together with SOH.

ImageImageImage

I haven't done a lot of screenshots besides after a full charge, but at a full charge, that is about typical as far as cell balance goes; as you can see from my data it's typically 18-22mV difference in cell voltage.
Last edited by Tyger on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dhanson865
Leaf Number: 16156

Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Tyger wrote:I keep all the data in a spreadsheet, and typically save screenshots for recording in the spreadsheet later...
Battery spreadsheet. AHr and Hx move together with SOH.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view ... VlRcnhnMFk
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view ... nItNGVXWTA
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view ... 2NvYnhNRXM

I haven't done a lot of screenshots besides after a full charge, but at a full charge, that is about typical as far as cell balance goes; as you can see from my data it's typically 18-22mV difference in cell voltage.
I get access denied trying to go to the 3 images. The spreadsheet worked though. Is that odometer column all 3 and 4 digits as in under 2,500 miles? Wow, must be, double digit charge numbers.

My car has around 2,700 or so L1/l2 and only 3 chademo charging sessions logged. So in addition to the miles you are doing a lot more high power charging cycles.

I'd say if you could charge closer to 2KW your readings wouldn't fluctuate as much. I'm assuming you pay per charge and don't have an adjustable rate EVSE?
Blue 2012 Leaf 195/65/15 tires, 15" Rims
Silver 2012 Leaf 16" stock wheels
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index. ... acity_Loss
(efficiency 3.x KW vs 6.x KW)
please join Truedelta.com and input your repairs.

Tyger
Delivery Date: 05 Oct 2015
Leaf Number: 313717

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:32 pm

dhanson865 wrote:I get access denied trying to go to the 3 images. The spreadsheet worked though. Is that odometer column all 3 and 4 digits as in under 2,500 miles? Wow, must be, double digit charge numbers.

My car has around 2,700 or so L1/l2 and only 3 chademo charging sessions logged. So in addition to the miles you are doing a lot more high power charging cycles.

I'd say if you could charge closer to 2KW your readings wouldn't fluctuate as much. I'm assuming you pay per charge and don't have an adjustable rate EVSE?
Images should be fixed; though aside from showing the cell balance they don't give anything more than what's in the spreadsheet.

Yes, under 2500 miles; I've had this car for about 3 months now. Usually I do L1 charging only, the QCs are for the occasional longer trip where there's no convenient charging at the destination.

However, more to the point the SOH is "bouncing around" quite a bit as was commented in the review. So it definitely happens.

dhanson865
Leaf Number: 16156

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:24 pm

Tyger wrote:
dhanson865 wrote:I get access denied trying to go to the 3 images. The spreadsheet worked though. Is that odometer column all 3 and 4 digits as in under 2,500 miles? Wow, must be, double digit charge numbers.

Images should be fixed; though aside from showing the cell balance they don't give anything more than what's in the spreadsheet.

Yes, under 2500 miles; I've had this car for about 3 months now. Usually I do L1 charging only, the QCs are for the occasional longer trip where there's no convenient charging at the destination.

However, more to the point the SOH is "bouncing around" quite a bit as was commented in the review. So it definitely happens.
Agreed that is more to the point. But until we get a correction from the programmer of leafspy I'm going to assume that is something that is actually happening in the Leaf itself (the Car is to blame) not the phone app.
Blue 2012 Leaf 195/65/15 tires, 15" Rims
Silver 2012 Leaf 16" stock wheels
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index. ... acity_Loss
(efficiency 3.x KW vs 6.x KW)
please join Truedelta.com and input your repairs.

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Tyger,

I typically discharge nearly to low battery warning (LBW) and frequently down into very low battery warning (VLBW) before recharging overnight at 240 volts. Once in a while I use public L2 charging for an hour or so if I need a bit more energy to get home. I notice the AHr, SOH, and Hx numbers vary more for a couple days after these partial charge sessions. If you are frequently plugging in for partial charges, that may be causing the variation you are seeing.

Gerry
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015; traded 8/10/2019 at 82,436 miles
White LEAF 2019 SL Plus purchased 8/10/2019

Return to “LEAF CANBus”