User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:19 am

Today's drive:

Left home: 97.8% / 275 units (charged to 98.5% last night but I lopped off 7% sitting in the driveway fiddling)
Arriving at work 30.5 miles later: 62.6% / 176 units. 65mph half-way with 66mph for the balance, on cruise control pretty much the whole way just a couple of blasts up to 70mph to get around slower traffic. That's quite a bit better than the 67mph run on Monday.

Arriving home: 29.8% / 84 units. Slow and go pretty much the whole way but not nearly as bad as last night. A/C on the whole way, as with the previous days.

I like having this unit! :D
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 84,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Today's drive to work - 70mph for pretty much the whole thing, except a couple of passing maneuvers that took me to 75-80mph, some slow and go on a freeway transition, and then some serious stop-n-go for the last 5 miles.

Left home with 96.7% / 272 and arrived 30.5 miles later with 58.7% / 165
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 84,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

User avatar
surfingslovak
Vendor
Posts: 3809
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:00 pm

mwalsh wrote:Left home with 96.7% / 272 and arrived 30.5 miles later with 58.7% / 165
Interesting data points! Would you know what your energy economy was for this trip? I'm getting 3.80 MPK using the somewhat speculative 75Wh per SOC point metric.
Last edited by surfingslovak on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
surfingslovak
Vendor
Posts: 3809
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Getting 4.25 MPK roundtrip (61 miles) using the 75Wh/SOC metric. Just out of curiosity, do you always charge to full?
Last edited by surfingslovak on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:09 pm

surfingslovak wrote:
mwalsh wrote:Left home with 96.7% / 272 and arrived 30.5 miles later with 58.7% / 165
Interesting data points! Would you know what your energy economy was for this trip? I'm getting 3.80kWh/mile using the somewhat speculative 75Wh per SOC point metric.
No, I'm afraid not. I haven't been paying the energy economy figures much mind, if I had to be honest.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 84,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

User avatar
surfingslovak
Vendor
Posts: 3809
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:23 pm

mwalsh wrote:No, I'm afraid not. I haven't been paying the energy economy figures much mind, if I had to be honest.
That's OK, but I could perhaps ask you a favor? Would it be possible to reset the dash MPK indicator before each trip and include that data in your posts? I would be greatly indebted to you :-)

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 pm

surfingslovak wrote:
mwalsh wrote:No, I'm afraid not. I haven't been paying the energy economy figures much mind, if I had to be honest.
That's OK, but I could perhaps ask you a favor? Would it be possible to reset the dash MPK indicator before each trip and include that data in your posts? I would be greatly indebted to you :-)
I could do that, sure.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 84,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9644
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Today's drive:

To work - 70mph for pretty much the whole thing, except a couple of passing maneuvers that took me to 75-80mph, some slow and go on a freeway transition, and then some serious stop-n-go for the last 5 miles. Left home with 96.7% / 272 and arrived 30.5 miles later with 58.7% / 165

From work - heavy slow and go, with speeds rarely exceeding 50mph. But was able to get up to 70mph once things opened up (about 10 miles from home). A/C on the entire way. Arrived home with 27% / 76.

Energy - 4.8kWh/mile.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 84,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

User avatar
surfingslovak
Vendor
Posts: 3809
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:56 pm

mwalsh wrote:From work - heavy slow and go, with speeds rarely exceeding 50mph. But was able to get up to 70mph once things opened up (about 10 miles from home). A/C on the entire way. Arrived home with 27% / 76.

Energy - 4.8kWh/mile.
Thank you Mike! I'm getting 71.4Wh per SOC point on your return leg.
It would be interesting to see if we can establish a generally usable Wh multiplier to calculate the remaining available energy in the pack.

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: Kudos to the CANbus SOC meter team!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:44 pm

surfingslovak wrote:
mwalsh wrote:Energy - 4.8kWh/mile.
Thank you Mike! I'm getting 71.4Wh per SOC point on your return leg.
It would be interesting to see if we can establish a generally usable Wh multiplier to calculate the remaining available energy in the pack.

At 281 SOC data points, that's only 20 kWh of battery.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”