This Sparkfun display is the one that we have, but we have not
yet even talked to the card. Other things have taken priority.
The card is about 2 1/8" by 1 9/32" so it would fit in the SOC Project box.
However, getting to the micro SD card might be a bit difficult.
At $25, it seems like it MIGHT be a good choice to support Logging.
Apparently Sparkfun has two libraries for this display:
1. Write to and Manipulate the display (but we would need to turn
the information 90 degrees for our landscape use).
2. SD card support, to read/write files to a Fat 32 file system.
1. So, first is to talk to the board.
2. Measure byte rate (to SD card) to see if it is fast enough to Log
(we need about 140k bytes per second, I think)
3. Write to screen in landscape mode
4. Write binary Fat32 file to SC card.
garygid wrote:Yes, we are working on usig a display that includes a micro-SD card.
When we are able to write a file to that card, we will be able
to do one-bus CAN logging right in the SOC-Meter.
Exactly - we just need to find the right display. I had looked at some of them - either the display was too small or some other problem.
Found anything good ?
Hmmm ... may be this ...
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"1.8" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout - ST7735R"
It is about the same size as 6610, has TFT and comes with microSD.
This looks like better value than 6610 !