I convinced my wife to do a parallel driving test today. I wanted to change the back tires from the new Leaf to the frond of the old one. I was able to use the hydraulic jack that I bought to remove one back tire on the new Leaf put the car on a stand, but the jack was too tall for the front on the old Leaf. It was late Thursday evening so I had to give up that part of the test. All tires at 42 PSI.
The good part was that I convinced my daughter to join the mom in the same car to ... balance the weight
Before the test the old Leaf was in the garage at 50-55F for 3 days at 80%. I took it for a 10 miles drive yesterday evening before attempting to change the tire. For the last three days the new Leaf was parked outside during the day for 11 hours and charged to 80% every evening and stayed in the garage overnight. Outside temperature was 45-50F in the morning and 55-60 by afternoon when I drove it home. There was no shade were I parked and we actually had some sun. I believe the battery temperatures were closed enough, or maybe the old Leaf was a bit cooler.
This morning at 5:00 AM I started to charge the new Leaf at 100%, and at 6:30AM to charge the old Leaf to 100%. It reached 100% at 7:55.
Around 9:40 we left with old Leaf at 280 GID and the new one at 278 GID. We drove to Woodburn for 53.8 miles and the old Leaf averaged 4.7 miles/kWh and dropped to 124 GID, the new Leat averaged 4.4 miles/kWh and dropped to 119 GID. My wife and daughter did one hour of shopping
, it was part of the deal.
When we left the new Leaf was at 120 GID. We reached the chargers on Electric Ave just after the VLBW with a total of 83.9 miles. The old Leaf was reading 21 GID and the new one 25 GID. New Leaf average when up to 4.5 while old Leaf dropped to 4.6 miles/kWh. I wanted to keep driving around downtown a bit to see the turtle, but my wife was very nervous, ... she had never seen the "---" until today.
I will have to get the CarWings data on the regen, but we were constantly on the phone matching speeds, charge bars, growing the trees, and the "efficiency" indicator around the tree.
Both cars lost the first bar about the same time, but than the new Leaf first lost the second and third bar. At the low end the old Leaf lost first the 11th and 12th bar. The first grown three was completed with in seconds on both cars and the dial above the tree was in the same position on the both cars most of the time.
Unless the regen data show high differences or if between VLB and turtle there is high differences between the cars, I would have to say that the cars are with in 1.5% from each other.