The PG&E Solar PV rebate in California is ending soon

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was $933,000 in remaining funds as of 4-4-13, and they've averaged reservations of $60,000 per day the last 4 days. Based upon those numbers, there's approx 14-15 days of rebates left, but there will probably be a rush and there may instead be only 6 or 7 days left.

You don't have to complete your solar project in 6 or 7 days to reserve a rebate, you just have to have your contractor register your soon-to-be-built system with the California Solar Initiative. Then you will have 1 year to finish it and claim your rebate check. The payment is approx $.17 per DC nameplate watt (each rebate will differ because of roof tilt, orientation, shading, panel efficiency, etc).

For a 4 kw system, you're looking at approx $680, for 7 kw's, it's approx $1,190.

Randy said:
I thought the California Solar initiative was statewide, not just a PG&E program?

It is statewide. Each of the major utilities, Southern California Edison, San Diego Gas and Electric, and Pacific Gas and Electric, are all giving rebates through the California Solar Initiative. SDG&E has finished their rebates, and is taking applications for a "wait list" only. PG&E will finish their rebate allotment in 6 to 14 days, and then they will also start a "wait list". SCE customers are still ok, as their rebate program still has a few months to go.

The "wait list" applications may still receive a rebate if previously reserved rebate applications drop out of the process.

Update:

Balance Thursday 4-4-13 $933,399

Friday applications- $112,992
Monday - $102,227
Tuesday - $ 51,502

Balance 4-9-13 $621,110

Back