Splittinglanes
Delivery Date: 11 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 16050

PG&E processing Solar Interconnection Agreements

Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:56 am

I'm having a terrible time getting any headway with PG&E in processing my solar interconnection agreement. How do you get it done?

Thanks...
Blue SL 2012 - picked up 12/11/2011 from Stevens Creek Nissan
EVSE upgraded charger, home built circuit combiner for a portable 3.8kw solution
Blink charger installed
7/12/2013 4.25kw Solar Array installed. Running on the sun, baby!

sitech
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2013
Leaf Number: 414424

Re: PG&E processing Solar Interconnection Agreements

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:04 pm

PG&E keeps "forgetting". You should have the phone number of the contact person assigned to your case.

You have to keep calling that person.

I called mine to see what happened to my app. They wanted me to change one detail bit. Re-sent. Nothing happened. Called one week later, they don't have it. Re-sent via email this time. Got it. Nothing happened for a week. Called again. Approved this time. Will send someone to inspect/change meter. This happened fast, within 3 days. Got a tag saying you're good to go. Turned on my solar. Waited many weeks later before first statement came in. Doesn't say I'm on E6 like I applied for. Called again, response "You should be, that's what you applied for" but I said "there's nowhere in my bill or online that says I'm on E6". Told me to wait for the next statement. Grrr.

Splittinglanes
Delivery Date: 11 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 16050

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:12 am

I was able to get mine processed quickly by filing a complaint with the CPUC.

:D

There is a 150 page 'law' of how the interconnections are to be handled. They have 30 days to process the agreements of the 'small' providers like us (rooftop solar, wind, etc.). Without a complete reading, nor being able to digest it all, my takeaway is:

1. PG&E must contact you within 10 days in WRITING if there is a problem with processing your application.

2. If your application is resubmitted, the 30 day countdown clock starts at the beginning again.

So, my takeaway is that PG&E is working to have us resubmit the applications so that they can avoid crediting us for solar, and they can follow the 'law'.

I would be happy to share my complete story and the names of the people at PG&E that 'worked' on my application.... I hope the CPUC asks me. ;)

Edit: note that the on-line CPUC complaint form does not trigger an email with your case number. They will mail it to you via postal service.
Blue SL 2012 - picked up 12/11/2011 from Stevens Creek Nissan
EVSE upgraded charger, home built circuit combiner for a portable 3.8kw solution
Blink charger installed
7/12/2013 4.25kw Solar Array installed. Running on the sun, baby!

Question4You

Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Hello,

I'm a journalist with NBC Bay Area News and I'd like to talk to you about the solar interconnection process with PG&E. Would you please email me at elizabeth.wagner@nbcuni.com? Thank you.

Best,

Liz Wagner
nbcbayarea.com/investigations

QueenBee
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:27 pm

Question4You wrote:Hello,

I'm a journalist with NBC Bay Area News and I'd like to talk to you about the solar interconnection process with PG&E. Would you please email me at elizabeth.wagner@nbcuni.com? Thank you.

Best,

Liz Wagner
nbcbayarea.com/investigations
I'm not in California but thanks for taking up this issue!

linkim

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 am

I have solar installed in the PGE territory and I had no problem. Maybe its because the solar installer helped with the paperwork. Because of the billing cycle it took about a month to see the changes on my electric bill.
LEAF SL + QC
Reserved: 4/20/10
Received: April 19, 1 year after reservation

Return to “Solar”