aibo
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:49 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Oct 2013

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:48 am

That's my understanding too. I asked 2 different dealerships and they both said SV has a rear-view camera. I just don't want any surprises when I pick up my Leaf.

Any 2013 SV owners in Canada?
Berlino wrote:
aibo wrote:Does 2013 SV have rear view camera or no camera at all (SL has the all around view camera)?
The SL sold in Canada has the All-Around camera, because the Canadian SL comes with what is the "premium" option in the USA comprising the Bose stereo and All-Around view.

The MY13 SV doesn't have a rear-view camera. In the USA, you could get it by adding the premium package as an option, but that choice is not offered in Canada.

Berlino
Posts: 661
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2013
Leaf Number: 412600
Location: Quebec City, Canada

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:56 am

aibo wrote:That's my understanding too. I asked 2 different dealerships and they both said SV has a rear-view camera. I just don't want any surprises when I pick up my Leaf.

Any 2013 SV owners in Canada?
I know someone who has a MY13 SV in Canada and they were disappointed when it didn't come with a rear-view camera. Like the dealers, they were expecting one because it came with the MY12 SV.
Ordered: 7/18/13 Delivered: 8/05/13
Red 2013 SL w/premium
EVSE Upgrade, LEAF Spy Pro
Michelin X-Ice Xi3 FIVE months per year.
--------------------------------------
Silver S85.
Selected from inventory w ~500 miles: 3/28/14
Delivered: 3/31/14

aibo
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:49 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Oct 2013

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Berlino,

You are right. Nissan does not even offer it as an option in Canada. It's SL or no monitor at all.
Berlino wrote:
aibo wrote:That's my understanding too. I asked 2 different dealerships and they both said SV has a rear-view camera. I just don't want any surprises when I pick up my Leaf.

Any 2013 SV owners in Canada?
I know someone who has a MY13 SV in Canada and they were disappointed when it didn't come with a rear-view camera. Like the dealers, they were expecting one because it came with the MY12 SV.

Galiano
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 am
Delivery Date: 02 Jun 2013

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:06 pm

I spoke this morning with Peter at Campus Nissan in Victoria asking him about new Leaf delivery. They presently have 3 Leafs imported from the US for sale, but Peter thought a new one could take as long as 3 months to arrive. He believes all US production is slated for American dealers.
2013 Pearl White Leaf SL

North Saanich, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Canada


14,000 kms. so far

Berlino
Posts: 661
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2013
Leaf Number: 412600
Location: Quebec City, Canada

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:26 am

MY14 supply is supposed to be better. First of all, no five-month delay after the US release. Deliveries are slated to start in January, shortly after the late December debut in the USA.

Going forward, supply in my local area will depend a lot on a speech today. The Premier of Quebec, Pauline Marois, is revealing her new plan to electrify the transport system. There is conjecture that she will announce her province joining the CARB-ZEV states, or enacting its own version of CARB-ZEV.
Ordered: 7/18/13 Delivered: 8/05/13
Red 2013 SL w/premium
EVSE Upgrade, LEAF Spy Pro
Michelin X-Ice Xi3 FIVE months per year.
--------------------------------------
Silver S85.
Selected from inventory w ~500 miles: 3/28/14
Delivered: 3/31/14

OldBillygoat
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:09 am
Delivery Date: 19 Jan 2014
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:00 pm

My local dealer has ordered one 2014 so far and doesn't expect delivery until April.

kaikara
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:49 am
Delivery Date: 24 Oct 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:47 pm

I picked up my 2014 SV this week that was ordered back in November. It comes with rear view camera. I think the 2013 SV also came with rear view in Canada.

My dealer got a couple of 2014's along with mine. I believe he said one was an s Model.

OldBillygoat
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:09 am
Delivery Date: 19 Jan 2014
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:41 am

kaikara wrote:I picked up my 2014 SV this week that was ordered back in November. It comes with rear view camera. I think the 2013 SV also came with rear view in Canada.

My dealer got a couple of 2014's along with mine. I believe he said one was an s Model.
Where are you?

kaikara
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:49 am
Delivery Date: 24 Oct 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:41 am

OldBillygoat wrote:
kaikara wrote:I picked up my 2014 SV this week that was ordered back in November. It comes with rear view camera. I think the 2013 SV also came with rear view in Canada.

My dealer got a couple of 2014's along with mine. I believe he said one was an s Model.
Where are you?
Picked up from Oakville Nissan in Ontario.

List
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:27 pm
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Canada : 2013 availability and price

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:55 pm

I asked about the 2013 model in December, was told it wasn't available anymore, put a deposit on the 2014 model stipulating I'll only take one provided the BC rebate is still available (due to expire end of March I think). Got a call from the dealer few weeks later that they found a 2013 model and in the color I wanted and that I could pick it up anytime. Picked up the SV in Blue Ocean - gorgeous color (I was a bit worried since I chose it based on photos only) on Jan 5th. Got a small discount from the dealer since I was technically buying the 'last year's model'. Put almost 1000 kms on it so far and I absolutely LOVE IT! What a wonderful car. Great handling, I love the preheat option in the winter, more options than I understand what to do with...

Decided not to install a charging station at home, I just plug it into regular outlet on the side of our house. Car easily trickle-charges overnight. I have also used a number of many Level 2 chargers in Burnaby, Vancouver & Richmond for a quick top up (I calculated it gives me about 5.5 km top-up every 10 minutes not accounting for heating). Fast charging station is coming this year I think.

Apparently there are less than 700 ev's registered in BC at the moment, sharing almost 350 charging stations which BC Hydro pushed for. A great province to jump onto the ev wagon. I am surprised more people don't want to get one here.

Return to “Canada”