Canada - Incentives for Zero Emission Vehicle Owners??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterMiller

I'm in BC and chomping at the bit for a LEAF! Probably won't be available here till September/October.
Meanwhile, I've started writing to my Provincial government and would urge you to do the same. With enough of us pushing, they should get the message.
Here are the basic facts that I used - feel free to cut and paste or elaborate in your own words. (E-mail addresses follow below)

=======================================================
Date ................

Your address ............

Dear...........:

Re: Incentives for Zero Emission Vehicle Owners

Wikipedia states that:

In Canada, Ontario established a rebate between $5,000 to $8,500, depending on battery size, for purchasing or leasing a new plug-in electric vehicle after July 1, 2010. The rebates will be available to the first 10,000 applicants who qualify. The province will also introduce green-coloured licence plates for exclusive use of plug-in hybrids and battery electric vehicles. These unique green vehicle plates will allow PEV owners to travel in the province's carpool lanes until 2015 regardless of the number of passenger is in the vehicle. Also, owners are eligible to use recharging stations at GO Transit and other provincially-owned parking lots.

Quebec will offer rebates of up to $8,500, beginning on January 1, 2012, for the purchase of new plug-in electric vehicles equipped with a minimum of 4 kWh battery, and new hybrid electric vehicles are eligible for a CAD 1,000 rebate. All-electric vehicles with high-capacity battery packs will be eligible for the full $8,000 rebate, and incentives are reduced for low-range electric cars and plug-in hybrids. Quebec's government earmarked $50 million for the program, and the maximum rebate amount is slowly reduced every year until a maximum of $3,000 in 2015, but the rebates will continue until the fund runs out. There is also a ceiling for the maximum number of eligible vehicles: 10,000 for all-electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids, and 5,000 for conventional hybrids.

Please let me know, if you intend to introduce similar measures, here in British Columbia.

Sincerely,

=================================================

BC Premier: Hon. Christy Clark [email protected]

BC Minister of Environment: Hon. Dr. Terry Lake [email protected]

BC Minister of Transport : Hon. Blair Lekstrom [email protected]

Find your own MLA here: http://www.leg.bc.ca/mla/3-1-1.htm

I hope this helps to make things easier for you and I hope that all our messages help to bring similar legislation to BC.

Peter Miller
West Vancouver

Back