Canada- Reservations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterMiller

After waiting eagerly, we're now informed that reservations will start shortly - for the 2011 model! Reservations for the 2012 model will open in October. After reading that the 2012 model incorporates improvements, following feed-back from early LEAF owners, I'm left wondering why anyone would purchase the older model? Will there be a price break, as with new model announcements of Apple products?

Guessing thats a 2011 with the cold package, have to be nuts to skip that option in Canada

if so I would think its the best deal on pricing to get a 2011 with cold pack

as opposed to a 2012 model thats more $

kmp647 said:
Guessing ... the best deal on pricing to get a 2011 with cold pack

as opposed to a 2012 model thats more $

Thanks - but I haven't seen any pricing information re 2011 v 2012 anywhere other than the CDN$38,395 starting figure. And I cannot find mention of the 'cold pack' on the Nissan.ca site.

Peter

The cold weather package is now standard in all '12 LEAF's; Canadians who were already in the mailing list from the beginning can pay their $99 placeholder fee upon receiving the invitation email this Sunday at 12 noon EDT.

Numbers are limited and those who do not make it in the first round must wait for the second reservation period in October.

2011 LEAF's are sold out since July, the only ones out there are orphans and demo cars that the dealerships can not sell for several months.

amtoro said:
The cold weather package is now standard in all '12 LEAF's;

Thanks. I also heard from Nissan Canada that "It is completely your choice if you wish to wait for MY12 vehicle. The car is totally the same with no difference in specs. The pricing is not yet officially released but will be in the same ballpark."

Well that little process took me almost 3 hours! Why? Well apart from the 'traffic-jam' we weren't warned not to use Google's Chrome browser and then after switching to Firefox, the Province box on the sign up page kept reverting to Alberta, as soon as the 'Next' button appeared (which seemed to take 10 minutes or so!) After a few error messages "postal code does not match Province, I realized what was happening and took care to correct the Province before pressing the 'Next' button.
This was followed by error messages asking for an e-mail address (even though one had been provided) but there was no data entry box for the e-mail address! Messages to Nissan resulted in an apology "IT are looking into it" and shortly (30 minutes) thereafter, Lo and Behold two e-mail boxes ('Enter address' and 'Confirm address') appeared!

The rest went more smoothly.

Hope this helps.

Peter

PeterMiller said:
Well that little process took me almost 3 hours! Why? Well apart from the 'traffic-jam' we weren't warned not to use Google's Chrome browser and then after switching to Firefox, the Province box on the sign up page kept reverting to Alberta, as soon as the 'Next' button appeared (which seemed to take 10 minutes or so!) After a few error messages "postal code does not match Province, I realized what was happening and took care to correct the Province before pressing the 'Next' button.
This was followed by error messages asking for an e-mail address (even though one had been provided) but there was no data entry box for the e-mail address! Messages to Nissan resulted in an apology "IT are looking into it" and shortly (30 minutes) thereafter, Lo and Behold two e-mail boxes ('Enter address' and 'Confirm address') appeared!

The rest went more smoothly.

Hope this helps.

Peter

3 hours? Wow, you really got snared. Did it actually complete/take your money and give you a transaction ID under 40/resevation number so you get the 2011 in October?

Or did you get the "Nissan LEAFreaches reservation milestone" once all that hoopla was done.

(Random note on the cold weather package: All Canadian LEAFs for 2011 are spec'd as SV-CW or SL-CW)

I just received an e-mail confirming that I was 'in' and that I would be receiving a further e-mail containing a reservation number.
I've also booked the 'Home-charger' assessment visit (earliest date mid-September).
I've been promised that I could have my LEAF "by the end of the year! Not exactly 'soon'!

So it seems that the Canadian LEAF's are 2011 with cold weather package standard but no quick charging port, that is optional.

That would make an SL + QC almost $41,000 CAD.... Ouch!

Did it actually complete/take your money and give you a transaction ID under 40/reservation number so you get the 2011 in October?

I got Confirmation number : 94D85886 - I've no idea how far up/down the queue that puts me.

PeterMiller said:
I just received an e-mail confirming that I was 'in' and that I would be receiving a further e-mail containing a reservation number.
I've also booked the 'Home-charger' assessment visit (earliest date mid-September).
I've been promised that I could have my LEAF "by the end of the year! Not exactly 'soon'!

Thats odd, someone must have been doing it manually for you. It usually generates one of those right away as soon as you complete.

PeterMiller said:
Did it actually complete/take your money and give you a transaction ID under 40/reservation number so you get the 2011 in October?

I got Confirmation number : 94D85886 - I've no idea how far up/down the queue that puts me.

Again, if you weren't having any trouble and the system was working, you could tell the sequence you were in (a 100000XX number), although I think in this case with the available alottment being so low (40), it doesn't matter at all.

...someone must have been doing it manually for you. It usually generates one of those right away as soon as you complete.

Yes, you're quite right, now that I think about it, during one of my feed-back exchanges, the Nissan staffer provided me with a User Name and PW to use.

So if we got a reservation number and transaction ID under 40, does that mean we're in for the initial release of 40? I never saw anything promising a date like PeteMiller got.

It took me 17 minutes to get through the whole process, I was very surprised the connection didn't time out waiting between some of those screens. I had the problem with the email address field too, after making a mistake on the first form (putting a space in the postal code), the email field was blank but couldn't be edited. I had to restart the process from the beginning and make sure every field was perfect!

I wonder if your spot was reserved when you clicked on the reserve button, or when you completed payment?

David

As I understand it, if you paid the $99 then you're in the first wave of 40 and they are also the folks with Transaction IDs (not confirmations) that end in <= 40. I snagged 12' a friend I know had 18.

Anyone get over Tx ID 40 and get to pay the $99?

I was able to reserve one too.
Chose a black (ebony!) SL with QC port. Though I'm not sure that's what I'll get, due to limited stocks.

No idea what TXN # I got. Where can I see that; website and emails only seem to mention the reservation/confirmation number?

After many back and forth with my dealer, the call center, and finally Ms. Crolla-Perry, Electric Vehicle Operations Manager for Nissan Canada, I was able to understand I wasn't required to have a home assessment in order to get my LEAF.
So I cancelled my scheduled home assessment, got the waiver added on my reservation, and was told to wait for an email telling me I could continue the ordering process with my dealer.
Doing that (passively) now! :)

In fact, I'm actively reading this forum, and gathering information here and there.
I contacted the EVSE Upgrade guy to inquire about shipping to Canada; he said it would cost about 45$ to ship using USPS (which is the preferred method, unless you want to pay more brokerage fees than actual customs & taxes together!)

tesla500 said:
So if we got a reservation number and transaction ID under 40, does that mean we're in for the initial release of 40? I never saw anything promising a date like PeteMiller got.

David

Yes, Nissan only took 40 deposits of $99, the rest go in the queue for deposits on the 600 MY2012 LEAFS. That list opens up in a couple months.

gboudreau said:
I was able to reserve one too.
Chose a black (ebony!) SL with QC port. Though I'm not sure that's what I'll get, due to limited stocks.

No idea what TXN # I got. Where can I see that; website and emails only seem to mention the reservation/confirmation number?

After many back and forth with my dealer, the call center, and finally Ms. Crolla-Perry, Electric Vehicle Operations Manager for Nissan Canada, I was able to understand I wasn't required to have a home assessment in order to get my LEAF.
So I cancelled my scheduled home assessment, got the waiver added on my reservation, and was told to wait for an email telling me I could continue the ordering process with my dealer.
Doing that (passively) now! :)

In fact, I'm actively reading this forum, and gathering information here and there.
I contacted the EVSE Upgrade guy to inquire about shipping to Canada; he said it would cost about 45$ to ship using USPS (which is the preferred method, unless you want to pay more brokerage fees than actual customs & taxes together!)

I decided I would also order a Canadian LEAF to round out the fleet, lol (will be strange to see range in km when I am so used to miles), and so I did the same thing and waived the AV assessment. Of interest, the techs are a little ahead of the curve and they bumped everyone up to get that done starting this past Wednesday.

The orders will open shortly, however it is not really an order system, I dunno if you will get a "black (ebony!) SL with QC port".

Right now (as I understand things to be), Nissan just finished delivering out the fleet cars, and the 40 remaining customer cars are currently sitting in Mississauga, when your system opens up, you basically just get the closest thing to what you want.

Hi all. I have a hard time believing I am one of only 40 who have a reservation, but my credit card definitely did get charged $99 by Nissan Canada. If that's the test, then I passed the test. I'm a little leery of the fact that my account at leaf.nissan.ca shows the reservation as complete, but I'm not allowed to do anything - there's a little "do not enter" beside the bar for "home assessment", and of course everything below it. The email I got confirming reservation gave a time that doesn't match either the time I created an account, or the time the credit card was processed. But I do know that I had a page showing a reservation number as of 1 hour after the web site opened.

I phoned the number given and got an automated system that had the following language choices: 1. English 2. Spanish 3. French. Right away I knew I was not calling a Canadian call centre. I asked - they are actually located in Ohio. The person on the phone was really nice, though she didn't seem to be able to say anything definitive. She suggested that the next step would be an email inviting me to order, and that would probably be within a week. That was a week ago.

The following press release suggests that reservations are currently closed, and that I am indeed one of the first 40, since I have a reservation number:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/August2011/29/c6894.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But: I'll believe it when I see it.

Bitterest said:
As I understand it, if you paid the $99 then you're in the first wave of 40 and they are also the folks with Transaction IDs (not confirmations) that end in <= 40. I snagged 12' a friend I know had 18.

Anyone get over Tx ID 40 and get to pay the $99?

Does 1CA07174 count as over 40?

ElectricAvenue said:
Hi all. I have a hard time believing I am one of only 40 who have a reservation, but my credit card definitely did get charged $99 by Nissan Canada. If that's the test, then I passed the test. I'm a little leery of the fact that my account at leaf.nissan.ca shows the reservation as complete, but I'm not allowed to do anything - there's a little "do not enter" beside the bar for "home assessment", and of course everything below it.
I have access to the home assessment section. Not sure why yours would be disabled. The rest below it should be disabled, as Nissan isn't yet ready to take orders for the LEAFs. But the home assessments should start on September 13, and if you could access that step, you should be able to reserver for the 16-17th.
You could try calling the call center, and ask for the home assessment waiver to be added on your account / reservation, to skip the home assessment & charger installation. That way, you wouldn't have to 'hold' for that step to be able to continue to the next, which will come as en email inviting you to order your LEAF, in the upcoming weeks (if you were indeed in the first 40).

ElectricAvenue said:
Does 1CA07174 count as over 40?
That's a reservation number, and those look like random numbers (mine is 4FE1AD10).
You need to find your transaction number, which I haven't found myself.

gboudreau said:
You could try calling the call center, and ask for the home assessment waiver to be added on your account / reservation, to skip the home assessment & charger installation.

I didn't even know that was an option. Thanks for the suggestion! In my case the home assessment is a bit pointless, as the main panel for the house is in the garage on the wall right beside where the car would be parked. There's space to put the "EVSE" right there.

gboudreau said:
That's a reservation number, and those look like random numbers (mine is 4FE1AD10).
You need to find your transaction number, which I haven't found myself.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. It's good to know that it isn't some sequence number. I was a little concerned, as it looked like "CA" for Canada, and 7174 isn't exactly near the start of a list if the numbering starts at 1. :D

Back