Avoid Napleton Nissan St. Louis MO

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmw

I want to warn anyone with a Leaf to avoid Napelton Nissan in St. Louis MO if our experience is at all representative of their service department. We took our 2017 Leaf into check the brakes since the ABS warning light was on. They charged $160 for a diagnosis and told us that the brake control was bad and the part would be over $2900, plus $500 for labor, plus sales tax for a total of about $3700. Had a bad feeling about that. So I took the Car to Bommarito Nissan in Ballwin. They charged $140 diagnosis and told us that the driver's side ABS sensor was bad and that most of the cost would be covered by the Nissan good will policy. Took until the next day for them to get the part. Total charge $140.

Now it is possible that Napelton's diagnosis was just a mistake, but I doubt that since they came up with the most expensive brake part. In addition, when I check the Nissan website I found that the suggest retail price for the brake control is about $2100. The site did say that dealers are allowed to charge what they want, but an additional $800?

Back