newbies

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVthinker

We just got our 2013 Leaf from Bankston Nissan yesterday. We took a 30 minute test drive (the salesman made the "mistake" of letting us use the car without a rep from the dealership!!) and TWO HOURS LATER we were back signing the papers. Could not have been nicer at the dealership. Robert Williams our sales rep could not do enough for us.

So we are the proud drivers of a 2013 white S-Leaf.

Now to come up to speed on posting, find out where and how to use charging stations, etc. We took our new Leaf over to family for dinner last night, and when we pulled away from the curb, they named our Leaf the "Stealth Car" because it "makes no noise at all when you drive it!". What fun!

Hey! Welcome! Love to hear that newbie enthusiasm. :D enjoy

Just for record keeping, could you go into your user control panel and list your location as Dallas or whatever, and change your delivery date. Thanks.

As for where to charge, look up PlugShare.com. Lots of folk from TX on here, somebody will give you good recommendations on specific places. Assume your getting an L2 for home?

We also love details. How long is your commute, can you charge at work, leasing or bought, etc, etc.

But you're probably out driving. Welcome to the future.

EVthinker said:
We just got our 2013 Leaf from Bankston Nissan yesterday. We took a 30 minute test drive (the salesman made the "mistake" of letting us use the car without a rep from the dealership!!) and TWO HOURS LATER we were back signing the papers. Could not have been nicer at the dealership. Robert Williams our sales rep could not do enough for us.

So we are the proud drivers of a 2013 white S-Leaf.

Now to come up to speed on posting, find out where and how to use charging stations, etc. We took our new Leaf over to family for dinner last night, and when we pulled away from the curb, they named our Leaf the "Stealth Car" because it "makes no noise at all when you drive it!". What fun!

The fun increases, you'll find it strange to get back in a "traditional" car. Be ready for lots of friends and family "test drives," mine has already led to two co-workers getting Leafs. One small warning: beware humans and animals will have a harder time hearing you approach, specially when moving slower.

epirali said:
One small warning: beware humans and animals will have a harder time hearing you approach, specially when moving slower.

+1 to that.

I've freaked out lots of people in parking lots, I have to just assume they don't know I'm coming.

And I fully expect to score a cat before too long. They just don't get out of the way of cars when they don't hear them.

NOWWWWWWW you folks TELL ME!!!

Our first charge today at our EvGo Freedom station and the high voltage charger. WOW! (still fun though).

So there we were, FINALLY got the charger to work (EVGo had turned it off and had to reset it), and so life was good. 70 degrees (21 C.), sunny skies, and this guy comes walking up to me and wanted to know ALL ABOUT MY LEAF!! I haven't had it 24 hours yet!!

He did a down and dirty computation (he just filed his truck for $45) vs. the $199 Leaf Lease. He said that he was going to go by our dealership week.

Not 24 hours and folks are wandering up to the charging station!!

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Hey! Welcome! Love to hear that newbie enthusiasm. :D enjoy

Just for record keeping, could you go into your user control panel and list your location as Dallas or whatever, and change your delivery date. Thanks.

As for where to charge, look up PlugShare.com.
Yes. Welcome!

OP, please update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

Back