L3 Charger in Franklin, TN at Nissan North America Headquart

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwallace3

Hey guys(Middle Tennessee folks), good news. The L3 charger at the Nissan NA headquarters is for public use. I've been trying to get an answer out of the corporate office for the last 2 weeks since it was reported 2 weeks ago that it needed an RFID to activate it. I just got a phone call from corporate saying it was public and that all you need to do to use it is contact security and they have the FOB. This is 24/7 not just during business hours during the week. He did say they were still doing some testing so if for some reason the unit is off security can turn it on and activate it for you. I may give it a shot tomorrow and visit my parents in Columbia. 68 miles each way from white house at interstate speeds with climate control (heat). Should be interesting.
Enjoy!

jwallace3 said:
Hey guys(Middle Tennessee folks), good news. The L3 charger at the Nissan NA headquarters is for public use. I've been trying to get an answer out of the corporate office for the last 2 weeks since it was reported 2 weeks ago that it needed an RFID to activate it. I just got a phone call from corporate saying it was public and that all you need to do to use it is contact security and they have the FOB. This is 24/7 not just during business hours during the week. He did say they were still doing some testing so if for some reason the unit is off security can turn it on and activate it for you. I may give it a shot tomorrow and visit my parents in Columbia. 68 miles each way from white house at interstate speeds with climate control (heat). Should be interesting.
Enjoy!

Make sure to take some pictures/write about how it was using the quick charger. I'll have to make a trip down there sometime, and possibly visit the whole foods nearby.

TNleaf said:
jwallace3 said:
Enjoy!

Make sure to take some pictures/write about how it was using the quick charger. I'll have to make a trip down there sometime, and possibly visit the whole foods nearby.

Well they are still testing it - so officially Nissan would not like for any one to use it just yet - only in case of an emergency
I reported on that in my blog at ralphmc.wordpress.com

Ralph

Back