TNleaf
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:45 am
Delivery Date: 27 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5818

Re: Madison, WI area

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

paulwesterberg wrote:Ok, so this week I got an email from nissan saying that I could now order.
There are 2 nissan dealers in madison, Kayser & Zimbrick, but the leaf reservation system only lists Zimbrick.

I submitted a request for a price quote and got an email back from Zimbrick:
SV MSRP: $36,220
SL MSRP: $38,100

While nissanusa & Zimbrick's own website lists these prices:
2012 Nissan LEAF SV 4dr HB MSRP $35,200
2012 Nissan LEAF SL 4dr HB MSRP $37,250

I really would like an electric vehicle, but I hate dealing with car salesmen who try to jack up the price.
Talk to the dealer before submitting a RAQ. Have a price in mind and discuss that with the dealer.

Some dealers are going to try and gouge prices and make as much profit as possible. If you go into the deal knowing the invoice price and figuring how much mark-up that dealer is trying to put on you, you can use that information to your advantage. Good luck!
davewill wrote:Ask to have the quote broken down. If they are including the $850 destination fee, and all of the doc fees, these prices might be about right.
This is an excellent tip!
Res 8/10 | RAQ open 2/11 | EV Project accepted 3/16/11 | DB updated to SLe 3/26/11
Final RAQ->Order 3/27/11 |Est Delivery Wk of 7/29->8/01->8/23->7/28
Blink Installed 7/15
|Delivered 7/27 | VIN 5818
Lifetime Wall-to-Wheels: 4.9 m/kWh

EdmondLeaf
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:18 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: Madison, WI area

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:35 pm

paulwesterberg wrote:... I really would like an electric vehicle, but I hate dealing with car salesmen who try to jack up the price.
that is what people in OKC area got, but will be good idea to talk to dealer
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=60
I can report that the dealer's quote stuck to the same MSRP for the vehicle and accessories that the website listed. They will charge me fees of $399.50 for "documentation" and $28.25 for "title transfer," but not the usual $850 "destination charge." Plus, they offered to flatbed my Leaf from Las Vegas to my home over the border free-of-charge

paulwesterberg
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Madison, WI area

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:49 am

davewill wrote:
paulwesterberg wrote:... I really would like an electric vehicle, but I hate dealing with car salesmen who try to jack up the price.
Ask to have the quote broken down. If they are including the $850 destination fee, and all of the doc fees, these prices might be about right.
You are correct, Zimbrick adds a $850 destination charge... which is not included in their advertised price.
This is why I dislike car dealers.

Meh. I have waited so long already that am I probably going to wait for the 2013 leaf with the 6.6kW charger.
Hopefully by then there will be enough dealers in the area selling the leaf, plug in prius, focusev to create some local price competition.

User avatar
davewill
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, US

Re: Madison, WI area

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 pm

paulwesterberg wrote:You are correct, Zimbrick adds a $850 destination charge... which is not included in their advertised price.
This is why I dislike car dealers. ...
I understand the sentiment, but that one is Nissan's fault. Nissan charges the destination fee, and they don't include it in their advertised prices.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

TNleaf
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:45 am
Delivery Date: 27 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5818

Re: Madison, WI area

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:32 am

davewill wrote:
paulwesterberg wrote:You are correct, Zimbrick adds a $850 destination charge... which is not included in their advertised price.
This is why I dislike car dealers. ...
I understand the sentiment, but that one is Nissan's fault. Nissan charges the destination fee, and they don't include it in their advertised prices.
Sigh. With the sheer number of legal claims of silly things (ie, HOT CONTENTS warning on coffee for fear of lawsuits), I suppose people just get lazy and stop reading when they feel that they are done.

1) It is not the dealer adding on some mysterious $850 destination charge.
2) It is not Nissan adding on some mysterious $850 destination charge.

I recall seeing this on all of their websites on the disclaimers since 2010 (notice this along with the "*after tax savings" comment).
Bolded, in the disclaimers about pricing it clearly states: "MSRP excludes tax, title, license and $850 destination charge."

Source: http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric- ... nformation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tada! No mystery, just a case of people not reading the ever so important disclaimers.

If someone started to complain "Awww man, my dealer tried to add on these hidden fees, he called them Tax, title and license fees, what a SHAM!" you would probably laugh. :lol:
Res 8/10 | RAQ open 2/11 | EV Project accepted 3/16/11 | DB updated to SLe 3/26/11
Final RAQ->Order 3/27/11 |Est Delivery Wk of 7/29->8/01->8/23->7/28
Blink Installed 7/15
|Delivered 7/27 | VIN 5818
Lifetime Wall-to-Wheels: 4.9 m/kWh

User avatar
davewill
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, US

Re: Madison, WI area

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am

TNleaf wrote:... Sigh. With the sheer number of legal claims of silly things (ie, HOT CONTENTS warning on coffee for fear of lawsuits), I suppose people just get lazy and stop reading when they feel that they are done. ...
Sigh... I read the disclaimer and understood perfectly, but I think that Nissan leaving the fee out of the advertised price is still slimy. I suppose next you'll respond with the old saw about how "everyone" else does it.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

TNleaf
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:45 am
Delivery Date: 27 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5818

Re: Madison, WI area

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:14 pm

davewill wrote:
TNleaf wrote:... Sigh. With the sheer number of legal claims of silly things (ie, HOT CONTENTS warning on coffee for fear of lawsuits), I suppose people just get lazy and stop reading when they feel that they are done. ...
Sigh... I read the disclaimer and understood perfectly, but I think that Nissan leaving the fee out of the advertised price is still slimy. I suppose next you'll respond with the old saw about how "everyone" else does it.
No, I'll point out how your statement is still false. "Nissan leaving the fee out of the advertised price" --it wasn't left out. That's the whole point. Anywhere they "advertised" their price they put all the disclaimers right below it.

So again, to say they left it out is admitting that you didn't read the entire advertisement.
Res 8/10 | RAQ open 2/11 | EV Project accepted 3/16/11 | DB updated to SLe 3/26/11
Final RAQ->Order 3/27/11 |Est Delivery Wk of 7/29->8/01->8/23->7/28
Blink Installed 7/15
|Delivered 7/27 | VIN 5818
Lifetime Wall-to-Wheels: 4.9 m/kWh

User avatar
davewill
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, US

Re: Madison, WI area

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:21 pm

TNleaf wrote:No, I'll point out how your statement is still false. "Nissan leaving the fee out of the advertised price" --it wasn't left out. That's the whole point. Anywhere they "advertised" their price they put all the disclaimers right below it.

So again, to say they left it out is admitting that you didn't read the entire advertisement.
I said I read it and I did. Stop making accusations, TN.

A big yellow number that isn't the real price = slimy...I don't care how much BS they put in tiny print at the bottom.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

TNleaf
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:45 am
Delivery Date: 27 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5818

Re: Madison, WI area

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:33 pm

davewill wrote:
TNleaf wrote:No, I'll point out how your statement is still false. "Nissan leaving the fee out of the advertised price" --it wasn't left out. That's the whole point. Anywhere they "advertised" their price they put all the disclaimers right below it.

So again, to say they left it out is admitting that you didn't read the entire advertisement.
I said I read it and I did. Stop making accusations, TN.

A big yellow number that isn't the real price = slimy...I don't care how much BS they put in tiny print at the bottom.
So you said you read it; I believe you. However, then your statement before about "Nissan leaving the fee out of the advertised price" is still false.

As far as the "big yellow number" is concerned and the "tiny print at the bottom" (which isn't that tiny, it's actually in BOLD too), they are both part of the same advertisement. So the advertised price is your "big yellow number" along with the "tiny print at the bottom." If you can't comprehend that, there's no helping you. If you feel like it's "slimy" that's on you. Can't please everyone.
Res 8/10 | RAQ open 2/11 | EV Project accepted 3/16/11 | DB updated to SLe 3/26/11
Final RAQ->Order 3/27/11 |Est Delivery Wk of 7/29->8/01->8/23->7/28
Blink Installed 7/15
|Delivered 7/27 | VIN 5818
Lifetime Wall-to-Wheels: 4.9 m/kWh

User avatar
davewill
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, US

Re: Madison, WI area

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:17 pm

TNleaf wrote:... there's no helping you. ...
Good thing nobody asked you to.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

Return to “Central USA”