shay
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3285
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DFW Metroplex

Sun May 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Stanton wrote:
shay wrote:Just a heads up for Texas Nissan customers. I got my numbers today from Richard Curry.
What dealer? What city? There's no way to figure out without profile info or a sig.
Now that I'm "in the queue", I pay more attention to these Texas posts.
Texas Nissan is the dealer which is in Grapevine.

shay
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3285
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DFW Metroplex

Mon May 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Does anyone know how the license fees break down? I think it includes two years inspection feeds and one year license registration. The DPS site lists $23.75 for the two years safety inspection, and the DOT site lists $58.80 for registration. Is there anything else besides sales tax that I am missing?

jwhitehouse
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Arlington, TX
Contact: Website

Re: DFW Metroplex

Mon May 23, 2011 5:58 pm

shay wrote:Does anyone know how the license fees break down? I think it includes two years inspection feeds and one year license registration. The DPS site lists $23.75 for the two years safety inspection, and the DOT site lists $58.80 for registration. Is there anything else besides sales tax that I am missing?
There may be slightly different new car registration fees for different counties in Texas, but here goes: Title Fee--$34.00, License Fee--$64.80, Road and Bridge Fee--$10.00, Deputy Fee--$5.00, and 2-yr State Inspection--$23.75

In addition, there is a documentation fee for processing the transaction, which varies from dealer to dealer. Finally, there is an inventory tax that is typically passed through along with the state sales tax of 6.25%. Inventory tax rates vary between county tax districts.

shay
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3285
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DFW Metroplex

Mon May 23, 2011 6:02 pm

jwhitehouse wrote:
shay wrote:Does anyone know how the license fees break down? I think it includes two years inspection feeds and one year license registration. The DPS site lists $23.75 for the two years safety inspection, and the DOT site lists $58.80 for registration. Is there anything else besides sales tax that I am missing?
There may be slightly different new car registration fees for different counties in Texas, but here goes: Title Fee--$34.00, License Fee--$64.80, Road and Bridge Fee--$10.00, Deputy Fee--$5.00, and 2-yr State Inspection--$23.75

In addition, there is a documentation fee for processing the transaction, which varies from dealer to dealer. Finally, there is an inventory tax that is typically passed through along with the state sales tax of 6.25%. Inventory tax rates vary between county tax districts.
Thank you.

shay
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3285
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DFW Metroplex

Mon May 23, 2011 6:04 pm

shay wrote:Just a heads up for Texas Nissan customers. I got my numbers today from Richard Curry. In the email, he said nitrogen was recommended by Nissan. I called him to tell him that I did not want it, then he said that the TPMS would be beeping continuously constantly without it. I told him again that I did want nitrogen. He then started again about the beebing. At that point, I told him that if that was the case then it was best that I cancel the car. He then started to chastise me. I told him that that was how it was. I called Nissan, and the rep was surprised. His statement was it was recommended, but it should not required.
Just to follow this up if anyone is interested. Nissan states that nitrogen is recommended in warm climates, but the owners manual makes no mention of this. Richard has offered to throw the nitrogen in for free which I declined.

jwhitehouse
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Arlington, TX
Contact: Website

Re: DFW Metroplex

Mon May 23, 2011 7:19 pm

shay wrote:
shay wrote:Just a heads up for Texas Nissan customers. I got my numbers today from Richard Curry. In the email, he said nitrogen was recommended by Nissan. I called him to tell him that I did not want it, then he said that the TPMS would be beeping continuously constantly without it. I told him again that I did want nitrogen. He then started again about the beebing. At that point, I told him that if that was the case then it was best that I cancel the car. He then started to chastise me. I told him that that was how it was. I called Nissan, and the rep was surprised. His statement was it was recommended, but it should not required.
Just to follow this up if anyone is interested. Nissan states that nitrogen is recommended in warm climates, but the owners manual makes no mention of this. Richard has offered to throw the nitrogen in for free which I declined.

Nitrogen machines suck all the air and moisture out of tires and replace with dry, virtually 100%, Nitrogen. That process results in a more consistant tire pressure, which means the tire pressure monitoring systems aren't activated as much due to outside air temperature fluctuations. It's an okay thing to have (and it does help the TPMS work better). I have not heard Nissan requiring Nitrogen for anything except the GTR's.

DWrath
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:29 am
Location: Irving, TX

Re: DFW Metroplex

Tue May 24, 2011 4:47 am

If the nitrogen for the tires is free, I'm all for it. I wouldn't pay for it, since the benefits are pretty minimal, from what I've read. Also, just because you start with nitrogen in your tires, does not mean you can't refill it with regular air, which is already 78% nitrogen.
2011 Blue Nissan Leaf SL
Order date: Oct 29, 2010
Delivery: June 24, 2011

adric22
Posts: 2488
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:40 pm
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 000768
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Re: DFW Metroplex

Tue May 24, 2011 6:31 am

DWrath wrote:If the nitrogen for the tires is free, I'm all for it. I wouldn't pay for it, since the benefits are pretty minimal, from what I've read. Also, just because you start with nitrogen in your tires, does not mean you can't refill it with regular air, which is already 78% nitrogen.
hahah.. That's the exact same thing I told my dealer. I said "Why would I want to pay for nitrogen when nitrogen makes up 2/3 of our atmosphere already!"
2013 Blue Nissan Leaf SV
2012 Summit White Chevy Volt

shay
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3285
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DFW Metroplex

Tue May 24, 2011 6:53 am

I hear you. There were several things that me so mad about the whole situation. First I can find no mention in the owners manual that even hints about nitrogen inflation for the tires. Second the first mention of the nitrogen was in Richard's email for final numbers. It read "Also Nissan want[sp] nitrogen in all tires, because of the tire monitors in them." and included the price which he said was his cost. There was nothing to imply that this was an option not have good old air. When I called him to tell him that I did not want it, he proceeded to tell me that the TPMS would be beeping constantly. After I told him again that I did not want it, he then said he would have to call Nissan about it. At that point, I called Nissan myself. The Nissan rep's words were recommended not required. None of these makes sense to me. If TPMS alerts were an issue why wouldn't Nissan either / or put it at the factory or mention it in the owners manual. I suggested to the Nissan CSR that I thought RAQ should be drive out cost not a subtotal of the car price. Has anyone that has air in their tires had the TPMS alert in their Leafs?

senordaley
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 5:25 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Nov 2011

Re: DFW Metroplex

Tue May 24, 2011 9:50 am

Hi all. I have a confirmed reservation from Nissan for the second batch/group of orders. I know the size is supposed to be 20K for each of the first two lists. Did anything change in this regard?

I live in the McKinney area, and would love to know if this is or is not the forum for my N.Dallas/Texas geog. area. I will go where I am supposed to.

Last, I haven't read all the 6 pages of posts, but will eventually. Is there anything I should know
before this process starts that is of major significance in this process? I feel pretty up to date but for that 1-2% that I may have missed would sure appreciate knowing.

Last, I just read that 70 electric stations are planned to be rolled out here by eVgo, a privately help entity. Has any of their plans changed?

Thanks a bunch. SeñorD :)

Return to “Central USA”