nateval
Delivery Date: 10 Jun 2019

Re: NC Leaf Owners

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Hey all!

I'm new to the EV community, in general, but have lived in NC for a few years with the USMC and now outside of the military. I'm currently working on a summer project for my MBA centered on improving the EV charging experience. Would anyone on the forum have time to chat? I'd love to glean some insights on your experiences charging in hopes of improving it for the future! Thank you!

-nate

SalisburySam
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 24 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 018156

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 am

nateval wrote:Hey all!

I'm new to the EV community, in general, but have lived in NC for a few years with the USMC and now outside of the military. I'm currently working on a summer project for my MBA centered on improving the EV charging experience. Would anyone on the forum have time to chat? I'd love to glean some insights on your experiences charging in hopes of improving it for the future! Thank you!

-nate
Hello Nate, and welcome the forum and EV community! And thank you for your service!

There are a lot of requests for participation in various EV-related surveys on this and other forums (fora?), so I think you’ll find some reluctance to engage in such things without transparency about who’s collecting the information and for what purpose. And several of these have been for MBA projects like you state.

Let me suggest an alternative and likely far more productive approach: there is a boatload of information already in this and other EV-related forums that frankly answer your questions already. Before starting another rehashing of information, do your homework in the threads and focus your specific concerns in areas of project interest. What you don’t find we’ll be happy to contribute to, but leverage the vast amount of detailed information, opinions, facts, and alternate facts already here. The “Search” function works also.

Lastly, there is EV charging, then there is EV charging. There are lots of practical options for various EV’s, public stations, and destination chargers. And things vary considerably across national boundaries. Again, please bring your understanding to a level beyond simple familiarity by taking advantage of what has already been done and documented.

Then let’s have some spirited (charged?) conversations!
Nissan 2012 LEAF SL, 13,500 miles, 9 bars, 70.4% SOH, 46.19 Ahr

Tesla Model 3: Long Range Rear Wheel Drive | Extended AutoPilot | Full Self-Driving
Delivered: July, 2018 | 11,000 miles
Get 1000 miles free Supercharging: https://ts.la/john70942

lpickup
Delivery Date: 09 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 16138

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:23 am

Nate, welcome to the community. Feel free to reach out. There are probably better (more active) sites that you can use to reach out to potential EV owners and I can point you in the right direction.
...Lance

Deep Blue Metallic 2018 Tesla Model 3 (31849) (delivered: 7/13/18)
Coulis Red 2016 SV (312310) (bought: 12/23/16 sold: 7/5/18)
Glacier Pearl 2012 SL (016138) (delivered: 12/9/11; traded in 12/23/16)
NOGA$4ME Blog

Return to “Eastern USA”