Ext cold in Ma and trickle charge pops GFCI past two nights.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalsnpals

With the cold weather in New England I have had the car not get charged past two nights because the GFCI pops in the middle of the night. I have been using the trickle charger for over a month and not had a problem until this week. The car and plug are outside. Is this problem expected ?

Thanks for input

Interesting. If you've been doing this on the same plug for months and only now are seeing a problem, then I'd say maybe. There have been other threads on this, so give them a read. IIRC, poor ground connections have been implicated in some other problems. Some have reported ice, spiders, leaves, dirt, water, etc in the J1772 handle/plug. Also, make sure the plug is properly seated into the GFCI receptacle, not supporting the weight of the brick can cause the plug to pull out. I've seen this problem when "out in the wild" mostly on GFCIs. Search my name and you will find several other threads/references that may be of interest.

Reddy

Back