Electric Car Show in Rochester NY on April 20th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranss12

Last year I went to the electric car show at the Penfield Community Center (on Baird Road about 1/2 miles north of the 441 traffic light) and was the only LEAFer there. There were 3 or so Volts, a couple of Mitsubishi i-Mievs, some homemade EVs, some conversions, and my LEAF. I was surprised that none of the Rochester area Nissan dealers were there giving test rides. This year I think the Rochester LEAF community should try to make a good showing. If 4 or 5 LEAFS make it to the event, that will be pretty impressive. This year we should try to outnumber the Volts. There is a free L2 charger at the community center, though you shouldn't count on being able to use it because of the large numbers of EVs that will want to plug in. I'm sure there are L1 charging opportunities there, but you should probably bring a long extension cord if you plan on doing this. The event is sponsored by the Electric Automobile Association of Rochester.
The event starts mid-morning and goes through early afternoon. It would be a great chance to meet fellow Rochester area LEAFers.

Do you have any pictures of last year?

I am trying to organizing a serious EV effort in NY, and would love to stop by and introduce myself (we had our first meet last weekend in syracuse, even had a Tesla Model S show up).

Unfortunately, I 'only' have a Prius Plug-in, but hopefully I would still be welcome there ;)

I wish I could make it out there, but coming from Syracuse, I probably won't make it one-way. Too bad there aren't CHAdeMO chargers along the thruway (HINT HINT).

It's probably a little late, but here is some info about the show tomorrow. http://www.penfield.org/index.php?bShow=356517187&cat=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back