Central New York EV Users Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KickinLeaf

We are having our first CNY EV users group meeting this Sunday (4/14) 4pm, in Syracuse NY, at the Farmers Market Lot where there are 14 charging stations. If you are interested in coming, PM me.

We are thinking of meeting at the lot between 4-4:30 and then getting a bite to eat at PJ's pub and grill in Armory square.

The lot is behind the tall brown Chase building at 110 W. Fayette St.

Let me know if you are interested, EV and non-EV drivers are welcome to attend!

Happy EV-ing!!!

Jim Upwood
2012 Silver Leaf SL

This was the first time EVs were present at the Fathers Day Car Show in Auburn, NY.

The Car show was a success! Despite the rain, we all had a great time! There were quite a few people that stopped by to ask questions about our EVs. It was nice to "educate" the general population :)
Special thanks to the EV drivers who showed up, despite the rain:
From left to right in the photos link..

Eric's Blue Volt
Denny's Black Ford Focus EV
Baird's Black Tesla Model S 85
Matt's blue Honda Fit EV
Jim's Silver Nissan Leaf

After the car show, Eric, Baird, Matt, and myself got together at my house. Baird let us all test drive Baird's Model S, it was fantastic! We also test drove Eric's Volt, its an amazing car! And Eric test drove the Honda FitEV and he was surprised by its acceleration!

Article about the show (and they mention our EVs!):
http://m.auburnpub.com/news/local/more-than-cars-displayed-at-father-s-day-car-show/article_69e7776d-1455-5e5d-940b-5ecccb3f91d3.html?mobile_touch=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brian stopped by with his family at my house to grab a charge, I showed him my leaf battery ap to get REAL diagnostics on the leaf using the CAR-CAN bus. He was so impressed, he promptly ordered a bluetooth OBDII adapter so he could run the ap on his Android phone.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Pictures are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vn3nexm07ct8hco/9vNqw4koLj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Jim

Back