KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Re: Philadelphia and Southeastern PA

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:49 pm

OK; Yes, I signed up for my "Free" Blink charger.

Told them I already have a level II all set up, just send me the new one, and I'll switch them.
HaHa.
More to this than meets the eye I think.

SPX is apparently the ONLY way to get it installed.
My install only requires removal of my AV EVSE (2 screws, 3 wires under terminal), and Re-hang the Blink.
Got my estimate today.
Was SOOO Surprised to find that the install cost will be exactly equal to the Project allowance plus the local program incentive: $650.00 !!

Wow, I have to change jobs.

If this takes him an hour, he's sleeping for half of that.

If you are having a problem getting a response, these are good numbers, with responsive people on the other end.

For EV Project / Ecotality;
Mike Schey
Utility Solutions Support
ECOtality North America

e: mschey@ecotality.com
d: +1.480.719.4792
m: +1.480.440.5678
f: +1.602.457.6719

For Install Setup;
Carolyn McLemore
Vehicle Charging Advisor (VCA)
EV Solutions
SPX Corporation Service Solutions
5800 Enterprise Court
Warren, MI 48092

"McLemore, Carolyn" <carolyn.mclemore@spx.com>
877.805.EVSE (3873)

Hope that Helps.
I usually like to stay under the radar, but since this Ecotality / Blink charger thing has exposed me to EVERYBODY, I signed up for the PECO rebate.
Might as well.
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

OakLeaf
Delivery Date: 21 Nov 2012

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Just wanted to say hello to fellow area Leaf enthusiasts!

We have been happily driving our new 2012 Leaf for a few weeks now.

My daily commute from Telford to Ivyland (37 miles, 42 traffic lights, 3.7 mile/kwh and 27 mph average round-trip) is easily done, with usually 40 to 50 miles remaining on the GOM by the end of the day.

Have been charging only at home overnight with the supplied L1 charger, but plan on upgrading to L2 soon.

Although our Leaf originally was intended to be only a commuter car for me on the weekdays, I have found that on the weekend we have been using it much more than our other vehicle (an Explorer) and will be needing the faster recharge times of an L2.

We have two younger kids in car seats / boosters - getting them in and out has been very easy, and there is plenty of room in the hatch area for their stuff when we take extended trips to central NJ.

It's been an interesting experience with a few changes of habit, but so far, has been proven to be a good decision.

lwaz12a
Delivery Date: 27 Apr 2012
Leaf Number: 18801

Re: Philadelphia and Southeastern PA & Reply to centralpalea

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

oakleaf - welcome and congratulations. Just wondering if you drive a red leaf and drive on Wambold Road. (I drive a black 2012 Leaf.) Until recently, I just used the L1 charger, but in the last couple of weeks got my EVSE upgrade. Fortunately the previous owner of our house had a 240 volt, 20 amp line wired into the garage. My brother in law helped me replace the receptacle so it is compatible with the upgrade. The combination works great and its so nice to get faster charging after being used to the L1 since April.

centralpaleaf - From unfortunate experience, if LCCC has L2 chargers, you have to know the secret handshake to find them. Two weeks ago, I picked up my nephew at Lehigh Valley Airport. I didn't have a full charge and left from Blue Bell to the airport, so needed a charge to get back home. I should have stopped at Rothrock, but my ev dashboard showed one at LCCC around the library, so I thought it would be interesting to give that a try. While I encountered some nice people, lets just say that due to some particular school policies I didn't get any help. So, I owed my wife one as she made the drive and picked us up. After sorting out options, I just called the Leaf support line which was great. I figured they would just tow the car to Rothrock, but he offered to tow it right to my house that night! I was really happy about that and both the phone agent and the towing service were great (especially as a free service for first 48 months). Didn't mean to write a novel, but wanted people to know that Lehigh Carbon Community College doesn't have chargers.

Best to all

OakLeaf

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:16 am

Thanks lwaz12a! Yes, it is a red one and I've been over that way a few times recently, so it could have been us.

Good to know about the LCCC charger situation too.

I've been looking for chargers up around the Quakertown area, but haven't come across any yet. Have you seen any around there?
2012 Leaf SL - 78K miles since 11/2012 - No P3227 Update - 6 Bars / 33.68AHr / SOH 51.34% / Hx 45.23%

tps
Delivery Date: 07 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 18044

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Oakleaf -- I live in Ivyland, about 1/2 block from the fire house. Just wanted you to know there is an L2 chargepoint at my garage... I work at Oxford Valley, so my commute is to the east from here. I've had a black LEAF since Feb. 2012.

The nearest public chargepoint I believe is at O'Neil Nissan on Street Rd., but call ahead if you plan to use it, because they often have cars parked all around it. There's a single L2 at the Walgreens on the corner of Street Rd and Bustleton Ave in Feasterville, it is on the SemaCharge network, you might need a SemaCharge card to access it.

I ended up getting 4 different charging cards so I can access any of the public charging points I might encounter in the area. They are

1. Chargepoint - this is good if you'll be going to center city as there is a bank of 8(!) mostly unused ChargePoints at the Convention Center garage. Enter from Arch St and expect to pay some serious $$, but if you must drive to center city, I've found you can count on this spot. If you want to take the train, there is a single charge point at Wayne Station (was in-use by a Volt the weekend I was there) and 2 at Radnor Station. I don't know of any other outlying SEPTA train stations with EV charging.

2. SemaCharge - There are L2 chargepoints at maybe 1/4 or the Walgreens locations in the greater Philly area. There are 2 SemaCharge units at the KofP mall.

3. Blink - The only one I've personally seen so far is at the PJM conference center in Norristown (IIRC they have 2), but this network might grow since the Ecotality project is now in the Philly area. There is supposed to be one at PECO in Conshohocken, this is a natural gas transmission facility, I drove past it once but was unable to find the chargepoint.

I can't remember the 4th one, I've not used it yet.

OakLeaf

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi tps, and thanks for letting me know about your L2 being available!

O'Neil is where we leased our Leaf from - they were very friendly and helpful to us throughout the process.

In addition to the L2 charge points up by the sales floor (and often blocked in by their inventory) there is another set of L2's on the opposite side of the building, but they are also typically blocked by employee and service center parking.

Many thanks as well for the run-down on what's available for charging in the area - good to know what's where and whose charger cards to sign up for.

A few days ago I had emailed CarCharging.com to ask how the PA Turnpike program was going as it would be a real benefit to have available on many of our extended trips. The word back is that the project is still moving forward, but they were still negotiating specific details of the contract.

What I would hope for is that they are installing quick chargers, but that's probably too much to expect...

gatedad11
Delivery Date: 11 Sep 2012

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:31 am

Another Bucks County EV driver...

OK, so I wasn't able to swing a lease on a 2012 Leaf, I was able to do a deal on a 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev last week. Have been driving it and loving it ever since. Twice now I have passed Leafs in Warrington, don't think the Leaf drivers saw me. Wonder if the black Leaf is TPS'? If you see a white and blue MiEV with the electric car graphics on it in the Warminster area, it's me. Honk and I'll wave!!!

Lou

KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Saw my first couple "Leaf's in the Wild" this week.
I saw a blue one on 320 in Delaware county, and a White one on Mcdade Blvd. near 476.

Nice to see.

Except for my neighbor across the street (red one), I have not run across too many down this way.

Hope to see more of them.

For all you bucks county Leafs, I have a 32 amp Blink L2 located at almost the intersection of I95 and 476.
It's on Plugshare.
Even if I'm plugged in, there is plenty of cable to move it to another car
If you get low, or get adventurous- It's there for you.
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

gatedad11

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 am

Killa:
Do you mean I-95 and the Turnpike or I-95 and 476(Blue Route)?

Lou

gatedad11

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:38 am

Sending good thoughts and thanks for Conicelli Nissan.
I really appreciate that they were kind enough to allow me to plug in and give me an hour of charge today. Had a Dr's appointment in the city, I-MiEV was at about 80% SOC. Needed a few extra miles to get from hospital to work in Conshohocken (to later get back to Warminster) so they allowed me to plug in. I know that this is apparently commonplace with Nissan dealers(and other EV mfgrs'), but I didn't want to let the opportunity to thank them pass. By the way, having only Level 1 Trickle charge at home is OK, but Level 2 is soooo much better.

Return to “Eastern USA”