MA EV Rebate plan moves forward

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNAinaGoodWay

Here's some of the text. It's possible that the 2015 date could be moved up, and I sure hope so, but there's no predicting the legislative process. I would've liked more than $2500, but I won't argue. Would've liked to be able to do a two year lease too, and be able to apply the rebate to the lease up front, but will be happy if it just gets approved.

ENE Draft Legislation
II. Substantive Policies Requiring Legislation
a.
Long-term rebate program
i. Beginning September 1st, [2015], there is hereby established an electric and fuel
cell vehicle rebate program within the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, or its constituent agencies, for individuals residing in this Commonwealth who purchase new qualified vehicles at retail or lease such a vehicle for at least three years.
ii. Qualified vehicles are those that:
A. Have not been modified from original manufacturer specifications;
B. Are acquired for use and not for resale; and
C. Are registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
iii. On or before August 1st of each year, the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs shall determine the vehicle models eligible under this section for the coming model year and, consistent with [subsection (e)] of this section, separate rebate amounts for battery electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, fuel cell vehicles, and other categories as necessary.
iv. The Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs and its agencies are authorized to promulgate rules and regulations to implement the electric and fuel cell vehicle rebate program.
v. Rebate amounts shall be consistent with the following:
A. The initial rebate amount for battery electric vehicles shall be $2,500.
The initial rebate amount for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles shall be
$1,500.
B. Rebate levels may be changed based on criteria including, but not
limited to, changes in the relative cost of electric and fuel cell vehicles and comparable conventional vehicles, and rebate amounts provided by other entities.
C. The rebates for battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles shall not be eliminated before the 2020 model year.

Back