Any decent service centers in Northern Virginia? Need TCU replaced

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

I have used Brown's Nissan in Fairfax and the last time they lied to me about service I needed so I'd rather not go back there (and reviews on Yelp are equally terrible). I called the Nissan dealership in Tysons Corner about getting the TCU replaced and they said "we don't do that work." Any suggestions? Also, if you had your TCU replaced, how long did it take? Thanks.

I bought my 2015 SV at Passport Nissan in Alexandria. They did not initialize the TCU so I had to find a dealer near work or home that has Leaf techs. I have been happy with Pomoco Nissan in Hampton.

TCU was replaced in December at Pomoco, while I was at work. Tyson's corner probably does not have a leaf tech. Your first question when looking for a suitable place should be "do you have a Leaf tech".

I Leased my First LEAF and bought a Pathfinder from Cowles Nissan in Woodbridge. Recently (last sept) i bought a Frontier from Leckner Nissan in Stafford. Both dealerships are great. Cowles Nissan i feel does more LEAF Sales than Leckner. Both dealerships are also very LEAF friendly. Try contacting Cowles. Ask for David Herrera, he is very LEAF savvy and can help direct you to the best service writer. Tell David Justin with the 2012 Leaf SL sent you (he might remember me, lol) I no longer have the 2012 i have a 2013...I might go venture up and talk to him one of these days :)

Thanks for the responses. I called Cowles Nissan in Woodbridge and even though I gave them my VIN and they knew which part needs to be replaced, they told me I had to bring the car in before they ordered the part. So that's 3 dealerships that have no idea what they are doing.

I called the Nissan Leaf support phone number and asked them to help me. They called one of the dealerships (Brown's Fairfax) and confirmed that the dealership requires the car overnight for some reason. The Nissan rep said he and his coworkers had never heard of that.

Then he called Priority Nissan in Tysons Corner (formerly Rosenthal?). He put me on the phone with a service rep there who is supposedly ordering the part so I can get it replaced on Thursday. He said it takes 3 hours. We'll see what happens.

I'm not in VA, but for what it's worth:

Apparently many Leaf techs have wrong info about the part--mine at first said that he was waiting on Nissan to send parts (not true--Nissan sends parts only when the dealer orders them, which happens only when a customer requests the upgrade).

A call to Nissan Support got it straightened out, and after a few days wait for the part to arrive, my TCU was upgraded with same-day service (took it in at lunchtime, got it back after work). This was in Austin, TX.

It took a couple of hours but they supposedly replaced the TCU on Friday. I say supposedly because it didn't work when I tried it in the parking lot. I went back into the service center to ask and they said it takes 24 hours to "reboot." You mean activate? Yes.

48 hours later it still doesn't work. I have a ticket into Nissan support about this. What a hassle.

If I manually sign into Carwings in the car ("sign in" to Carwings or "update stations"), it works once in the app or website. Otherwise, I just get an error on the website and 0 miles displayed in the app. Still working with Nissan support on this.

Back