New England Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just waiting. I figure I'll get to choose between a prius plugin, a leaf, a volt, and a ford fusion EV by next spring....

It cost $1300 to ship, but I got some quotes as low as $950.
It took a week once picked up.
The 5% discount I got off MSRP paid for the shipping.

I ordered it using a friends Cali address.
Did the paperwork vie Fedex and hired a shipper.
Dealer didn't care I was taking it out of state.

I happened to check my nissanusa leaf account and the schedule home assessment tab was active. So, being a well read MNLer I called to ask for the assessment waiver. I was told to check back on Sept 29 and I'd see the waiver granted (on the order tab, I think).

During the call, heard in the background was a second person saying - " he's in New Hampshire" and other stuff I can't remember now.

now, Sept 29 is two days after I can order a plug in prius.

Does anyone else have info on more ordering info for tier X (whereever I am?)

Thanks for the tip, I checked my dashboard and the "schedule home assesment" was now showing. I called them up and had the waiver put on the account, as I already bought the Schnieder EVSE from Home Depot.

They said that ordering for my state (Massachusetts) will open up at the begining of October, so its almost here. Now the tough decision, PiP or Leaf.

To the OP that had the Leaf shipped from CA, how are you doing with that Leaf in the Boston area now.. Havn't seen you driving around in downtown Boston recently :)

Hey!! My Home assessment is opened on my dashboard now too! I am in New Hampshire. I wonder if they are going to open up ordering here sooner than next summer.

essaunders said:
mitch672 said:
I called them up and had the waiver put on the account,

Does your account actual show a waiver? Mine isn't any different after my phone call....

no, they said it wouldn't change until the ordering opens up, and then the "place order" will show up...

essaunders said:
I happened to check my nissanusa leaf account and the schedule home assessment tab was active. So, being a well read MNLer I called to ask for the assessment waiver. I was told to check back on Sept 29 and I'd see the waiver granted (on the order tab, I think).

During the call, heard in the background was a second person saying - " he's in New Hampshire" and other stuff I can't remember now.

now, Sept 29 is two days after I can order a plug in prius.

Does anyone else have info on more ordering info for tier X (whereever I am?)

New Hampshire is one of the 22 states not in Tiers 1-4...as is my state of Minnesota. Customer support informed me that the target for us is 'Summer' 2012. I am strongly considering setting up a new account with a California address so I can get one ordered sooner.

FYI, my dashboard has "Order your Leaf" today!

I asked for the EVSE waiver about a week ago, and they said "ordering is in October, but we hear it will open a few days ahead of that". They where correct.

I filled out my "RAQ", and we'll see what comes back. Its rather disappointing that the Red and Blue add additional time for delivery, but I went with the Red anyway. I am not a fan of white, silver or black.

lets see April 20th 2010, until September 28th, 2011 waiting to just be able to "Request a Quote", 526 days, are we New Englanders patient or what? :)

Good for you Mitch! I am looking forward to hearing about your driving experience during winter.

stanley said:
Good for you Mitch! I am looking forward to hearing about your driving experience during winter.

Just accepted my RAQ today, SL, Cayenne Red, only options are the floor and cargo mats, and the mud flaps. 36 month lease pricing, $2599 initial payment, $443/month for 36 months, 15K miles/year. Sounds ok to me.

They are sticking with MSRP in our area, this is new to them, and they are only getting a handful of cars per dealership (like 5 or 6 each for the model year), and they put out $ for training/certification, speciality equipment and EVSEs, I guess if it catches on and they can get/sell more, they might consider some discount in the future..

mitch672 said:
stanley said:

Just accepted my RAQ today, SL, Cayenne Red, only options are the floor and cargo mats, and the mud flaps. 36 month lease pricing, $2599 initial payment, $443/month for 36 months, 15K miles/year. Sounds ok to me.

They are sticking with MSRP in our area, this is new to them, and they are only getting a handful of cars per dealership (like 5 or 6 each for the model year), and they put out $ for training/certification, speciality equipment and EVSEs, I guess if it catches on and they can get/sell more, they might consider some discount in the future..

I was also considering leasing but here in IL I would lose out on an IL EPA incentive worth almost 10% of MSRP; I see in MA they may offer a sales tax incentive for EV's so if they did you might lose out just a bit leasing versus buying depending on how MA charges sales tax for leases -- you would have thought with how progressive MA is on other social issues they would have stepped up more like other states on incentives for alternative fuel vehicles but I guess all states revenues are down. Good color choice BTW :D I hope to see my Red SL sometime in November

mitch672 said:

As a well known mailman on a neighborhood show used to say, "Speedy Delivery!" :D

I got the email (timed 1:38pm) then called to ask for the waiver on home assessment (about to purchase the Schneider charging station from Home Depot) and then submitted my price request.

I REALLY hope for a break on the MSRP since I have already bought 2 cars from this Nissan dealership for decent prices.

Finally something is moving...

They seem unwilling to go below MSRP, at least for these initial orders. Even getting MSRP without a lot of dealer "add ons" (read: increase profit margin) is an ok deal, some are being quoted higher than MSRP (see the "New York" thread)

My last Nissan wasn't even called a Nissan, it was a 1982 Datsun 310GX, and it was my first new car... That costs me a whopping $7,000 or so at the time. Times have certainly changed.

Update: The sales manager at my western Massachusetts dealer (who is "Leaf Certified" according to the website) is completely in the dark about the Leaf ordering process.

I'm supposed to get my quote back this afternoon and they have no idea -- so I am trying to tell them what I know of the process from the message board here.

After the "your Nissan dealer will get back to you with your price† by: 2011-09-30 12:51 GMT-0500" passes with no action -- I wonder if it opens up so I can get a quote from another dealer?

It is a long uphill battle to be an "early adopter."

Back