Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevempotter

Hello,
I was originally told I would get my Leaf (from Stone Mountain Nissan) in November. A couple weeks ago, Nissan moved the "expected delivery" to Dec. 2, 2011. I am wondering if this has any bearing on reality. If you have gotten a leaf delivered in Georgia, please post when and where in reply to this Topic!

Thanks,
Steve

Team Nissan of Marietta, GA has two with an estimated arrival date of this week:

Black SL (VIN #15051)
Cayenne Red SL (VIN #15111)

There is one more, with an estimated delivery date before the end of next week:

Glacier Perl SV (VIN #15311)

There was a Florida delivery, in Deland, late last week (VIN #15084), so the estimated delivery dates to Marietta are, probably, good. I'd guess the port of entry was Jacksonville, FL, since Deland is relatively close to Jacksonville (at least compared to places like Atlanta, Tampa, and Miami.)

rslatkin said:
My blue SL in Decatur, GA still says "Month of November"

Unfortunately, there are only slightly more than three weeks left in November. If your estimated delivery date hasn't shifted from "Month of..." to "Week of...", yet, you might find your delivery date has been pushed off to early December.

My Black SL (VIN #15051) from Team Nissan Marietta was delivered at 2:00 PM on November 9th, 2011. If you want the most knowledgeable LEAF sales guy in Atlanta, it is Wayne Parker at Team. Call him at 770-815-3108.

I drove it 70 miles with 5 miles left on the battery. I'm sure the battery could have used a longer charge at the dealership, but I had been waiting (as most have) for almost 2 years now, and I had to run carpool at 3:00. I will take my chances on a partial charge. :)

It took awhile for the kids to realize it was me. They marveled at the quietness (my other car is a Jeep Libery Diesel). They also liked the little tree builder function on the dash, I could care less. The foot to the floor power impressed me - squealed the tires and all.

Of course, it was my 11 year old son with the range anxiety as the car was dipping into the single digits on the charge, flashing numbers on the dash, and annoucing "Low Battery" over the speakers. I told him that the car was small and light enough that we could push it home - of course it was raining...

I then reassured him that at "0", we still had about 7 miles of charge before going to turtle mode. We were only out 3.4 miles from the house with 8 still showing on the guage. I switched to ECO mode to eek out that last bit of charge, ending at 5 as he plugged in the charger at the house.

He may have an electric as his first car. My 14 year old daughter (on the other hand) wants the Jeep. That's my girl!

I visit clients every day, so I am looking to score close to 100 if I can. Since I receive mileage reimbursement, the more miles I can obtain on a charge, the more jingle in my pocket. Thank you Nissan for delivering what I (we) have been wanting for a long time.

A most happy customer,
Flash

Weatherman said:
rslatkin said:
My blue SL in Decatur, GA still says "Month of November"

Unfortunately, there are only slightly more than three weeks left in November. If your estimated delivery date hasn't shifted from "Month of..." to "Week of...", yet, you might find your delivery date has been pushed off to early December.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I'm hoping something will happen when the Hoegh Trident docks in Jacksonville on Nov 14.
Early December wouldn't be so bad. Between Thanksgiving and work travel I won't be in town much the rest of November. And my birthday is in early December. :)
-Rachel

I just found out that my "Week of Nov 14" will likely get delayed (again). Sounds like they did not put the VINs on correctly and they are having to re-do it in Jacksonville. I have waited this long, what's another week.

Well my delivery to Stone Mountain Nissan has now been pushed back from November, to Week of Dec. 2 to Week of Dec. 12, 2011.
Let's hope that is the last change.
It was encouraging to see someone here in ATL got theirs!

I am wondering now what will be the tax implications if it ends up getting delivered in 2012 instead of 2011.
Do any of you Georgians know?

-Steve

It just means you can't claim the federal and state tax credits until April 2013. I have "Week of December 26," so I called the dealer and they said they can date it Dec 31 if they need to. Neither credit will expire before you get it.

Steve, I too have had my Stone Mtn Nissan delivery dated changed from week of Dec 2 to week of Dec 12 to now PENDING! Anyone have any news as to what's going on??

Jane

stevempotter said:
Well my delivery to Stone Mountain Nissan has now been pushed back from November, to Week of Dec. 2 to Week of Dec. 12, 2011.

I am wondering now what will be the tax implications if it ends up getting delivered in 2012 instead of 2011.

-Steve

jwashinga said:
Steve, I too have had my Stone Mtn Nissan delivery dated changed from week of Dec 2 to week of Dec 12 to now PENDING! Anyone have any news as to what's going on??

Jane

stevempotter said:

-Steve

I believe "pending" means your day is VERY close - check the new inventory list of your dealer and see if your VIN is listed (although the VIN is listed, the car may not have actually been delivered yet, but is on the way). That's what has happened in my case.

My status changed to "Pending" on wednesday, the day the dealer received the invoice. The car arrived on Saturday and we took delivery today!

Let this be an opportunity to invite the new LEAFers to sign up and add their home charging stations to the PlugShare database (there is an iPhone App too).

I added mine a while ago and offer a free ride to the shopping mall if needed; tips are welcome. ;)

Mine arrived in Warner Robins yesterday. Dealer had no notice till the truck arrived, and carwings still shows "Pending".

It takes time to get it prep'd but I might be able to pick it up after work today. It's going to be strange having a car payment. I've been driving since 14 when I recieved my first license and this will be the first car payment. (my 3 previous new cars have been cash, and all my used cars were cash.)

:D I got mine on Saturday! (Dec. 10, 2011)
This is a red one, from Stone Mountain Nissan. ('15276) So far, I LOVE it.
My dealer (Tim Berry) phoned me on Wednesday or Thursday, to say I could pick it up Friday, but I was busy, and getting the money from savings took a couple days anyway.

Someone mentioned a database of chargers, but did not say the URL. Please post that for us new owners.
I would share mine with other EV enthusiasts.

Unfortunately, Tim was gone on vacation Saturday, and missed all the excitement at the dealership. His replacement salesman was not too knowledgeable about how to get everything set up. Luckily I had printed my Carwings instructions.

It has been a LOOOOOONG wait--So glad to be among you Leaf owners!

-Steve Potter (original starter of this thread)

Congrats!

You can go to the pluginamerica.org website for info about EVSE (note that they are charging stations or Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment; the charger itself is in the car).

I have an SPX (plug-in portable), several people have Schneider, others have AV units they bought directly and then hired an electrician to install them.

Keep in mind that the 30% federal tax credit ends on Dec 31st, so you need to buy yours before that day so you can claim it in your 2011 taxes.

You can PM me if you have questions.

What 30% are you referring to?

It is my understanding that the Federal tax credit is tied to the first 200,000 vehicles produced, therefore the possible $7,500 doesn't expire at the end of 2011.

Am I wrong? Just curious.

Back