greengate
Delivery Date: 04 Feb 2013

Re: Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

Sun May 19, 2013 6:53 am

tstaton wrote:
nogajim wrote:
tstaton wrote: Thanks, Jim, I was in your area today. Went from East Athens to Buford (West Marine) and back. Got a boost from the Walgreens at Ga 20 and Old Peachtree (?).
You bring up a very good point as to a gathering. I just want a fun thing, but... charging on site would be a BIG help. I am hoping to make one or more of the EV South meetings at Manuels (with chargers). I am going further out each day (I guess like a bird leaving the nest :-) ) I will keep you posted.
Ted
I think Panera will work for me and I imagine most people won't be coming that far. Showing off is important!

Getting a charging spot at Manuel's has worked pretty well so far. I can limp home without a charge, but an hour is a big help. I have offered to get off after an hour, but no one has taken me up on it yet. Another spot no too far off 316 on your way home is the Kroger on GA20:
http://www.recargo.com/sites/7185 . It will be even nicer when they get the overpass done.
Thanks again, Jim. I came to your area again yesterday (see the EV South facebook for my trip report). I drove passed Panera and the parking lot was jam packed - maybe too much for a gathering - however, I have been thinking 3 o'clock on some Sunday - maybe not a super busy time for them. I just want to park near each other in the parking lot , etc. I need to do more research as to where, when, if?

Thanks for the Manuel's report - I want to try going. Also thanks for the Kroger tip - I was unaware that "Regency Center" or whatever the name, is a Kroger shopping area. I thought from the name it was some sort of private convention center or hotel that would not welcome visitors - thanks for clearing that up for me.

The Walgreens at Ga20 and Old Peachtree is very pleasant. The people are friendly and welcoming. Clean restroom. I always buy stuff to say "thanks". I always try to thank the management for letting me charge and for providing the service. The Walgreens over at 124? and Old P'tree? - not so good. I thought I saw a EVSE out back - was not. The man in the store ate sour grapes for breakfast. The restroom is on a code access lock. I was out of there. How can two Walgreens about 3 miles apart be so different? I really like the first one I mentioned.
Ted

A note to Walgreen's Corporate might be in order. See what their reply is and let us know.

Great that you make a point to complement good service and attitude when you experience it. Something I have been doing for so long I'm conditioned to it and feel like I'm out without my pants on when I don't!

tstaton
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2013
Leaf Number: 403133

Sun May 19, 2013 2:02 pm

The Walgreens at Ga20 and Old Peachtree is very pleasant. The people are friendly and welcoming. Clean restroom. I always buy stuff to say "thanks". I always try to thank the management for letting me charge and for providing the service. The Walgreens over at 124? and Old P'tree? - not so good. I thought I saw a EVSE out back - was not. The man in the store ate sour grapes for breakfast. The restroom is on a code access lock. I was out of there. How can two Walgreens about 3 miles apart be so different? I really like the first one I mentioned.
Ted[/quote]

Greengate wrote: A note to Walgreen's Corporate might be in order. See what their reply is and let us know.

Great that you make a point to complement good service and attitude when you experience it. Something I have been doing for so long I'm conditioned to it and feel like I'm out without my pants on when I don't!
Thanks, Greengate - speaking of Walgreen Corporate: any hints as to how to help local Walgreens get the word that they can do EVSE's? Local managers say, "Great, have not heard of this. I like it". Seems Walgreens is slowly working out from Atlanta (60-100 miles west of us) with the charging facilites. I have been doing word of mouth with local managers. I often get the feeling the managers are "being polite" to me, but not really interested. Suggestions?
Ted
2013 SL Cayenne Red
Delivery 1 MAR 2013
Athens, GA

greengate
Delivery Date: 04 Feb 2013

Sun May 19, 2013 4:28 pm

tstaton wrote:The Walgreens at Ga20 and Old Peachtree is very pleasant. The people are friendly and welcoming. Clean restroom. I always buy stuff to say "thanks". I always try to thank the management for letting me charge and for providing the service. The Walgreens over at 124? and Old P'tree? - not so good. I thought I saw a EVSE out back - was not. The man in the store ate sour grapes for breakfast. The restroom is on a code access lock. I was out of there. How can two Walgreens about 3 miles apart be so different? I really like the first one I mentioned.
Ted
Greengate wrote: A note to Walgreen's Corporate might be in order. See what their reply is and let us know.

Thanks, Greengate - speaking of Walgreen Corporate: any hints as to how to help local Walgreens get the word that they can do EVSE's? Local managers say, "Great, have not heard of this. I like it". Seems Walgreens is slowly working out from Atlanta (60-100 miles west of us) with the charging facilites. I have been doing word of mouth with local managers. I often get the feeling the managers are "being polite" to me, but not really interested. Suggestions?
Ted[/quote]

I don't know their corporate structure, perhaps it is managed at the local level or district level. Guess you would have to chat one of the managers up to get more direction.

I'm not a fan of Walgreens. The one near me charges $2 per hour for a level 2 connection. (there are several free ones within a mile or so,) and what kind of place has a doctors office at one end of the store and a cigarette vendor at the other end?

But I encourage you to follow your passion!!

toasty

Mon May 27, 2013 5:50 am

Anyone know if our 2011 leafs will require emissions testing soon? (in ga)

bronsonb
Delivery Date: 23 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 021512

Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 am

toasty wrote:Anyone know if our 2011 leafs will require emissions testing soon? (in ga)
I am guessing that since it's classified as "EV" that there won't be any testing required. There's no tailpipe to stick the thingy in anyway. I guess they could, feasibly, hook it up to the computer to determine it's not generating any emissions, but I would hope the state has figured that out.

But then again, we are talking about the government here, eh?
Bronson B
Marietta, GA

apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 am

toasty wrote:Anyone know if our 2011 leafs will require emissions testing soon? (in ga)
you go for the emissions testing after redeeming the coupon the dealer sent you for the free oil change!

all kidding aside, do you mean a safety or equipment inspection?
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

sonnylax
Delivery Date: 23 Apr 2015

Mon May 27, 2013 8:58 am

bronsonb wrote:
I am guessing that since it's classified as "EV" that there won't be any testing required. There's no tailpipe to stick the thingy in anyway. I guess they could, feasibly, hook it up to the computer to determine it's not generating any emissions, but I would hope the state has figured that out.

But then again, we are talking about the government here, eh?
yes, we are.

Some person at the County tag office will probably mandate an emissions test certificate in order to renew the registration on the vehicle.

tstaton
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2013
Leaf Number: 403133

Fri May 31, 2013 10:04 am

New charger in Watkinsville (Athens area). Had great lunch at Kumquat Mae Bakery and Cafe on Barnett Shoals Rd at Main St. The Zero Emissions charger L-2 was installed yesterday. The Cafe owner begged me to try it out. I works great. They got pictures. friendly crew. Alfred, the Leaf, was embarrassed over the fuss. I ate it up. :-)
2013 SL Cayenne Red
Delivery 1 MAR 2013
Athens, GA

scubayachts
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 am

Hey Everybody,
I am looking to lease either a SV or SL. Stopped by Capitol City Nissan the other day to check out the leaf for the first time!

I would appreciate any feedback on what your lease terms where. Are you guys getting the same SV/ SL lease deals as other parts of the country? Please list the dealer you used and your terms!

Thanks everybody with the help!

Gregg

chickp
Delivery Date: 16 Jan 2013

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:11 am

Hi there! Has anybody charged near or at Six Flags? I can squeak by without charging but wondered if there was even a trickle charge possibility. Thanks!
Beth
Atlanta area
2012 Leaf lease since 1/15/13
Waiting on my alternative fuel plate!

Return to “Eastern USA”