ATL -> CHA -> (possibly Nashville?)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cracovian

I just called Pye Nissan and Joey assured me that I can use his charging station in Dalton, GA :)

I'm going to go tomorrow and not just by myself but I'm taking my wife and three kids with me, so wish me luck!

I'll take backroads and I'm really counting on that L3 Murphy station across the state line... There's an EV event in Nashville on 9/23, so that would be a nice prep and scouting trip for going there by myself in two weeks.

I'll let everyone know how it goes and if I ever come back from the Smokies this weekend!

Reporting from Chattanooga - it was a long day; the only dealer on the way came through, Crakkker Barrel sucked, and the gas station with L3 was amazing. I guess I couldn't do it all in one day, so we're staying for another day.

Congratulations! I still hope to make this trip, but it seems like the odds of making a day trip are not so great. Would love to hear details when you are done. Happy Trails!

I'm back! It was a bit of a nightmare but doable if you have a few extra hours :) I-75 is pretty much out of the question even with Pye saving the day after hours and Hwy 41 is full of rednecks in a hurry... I'd do it again but definitely double stress with my family in tow (including a super trooper toddler!) when I ended up driving on the last electron into Walgreens 10.9 miles away from the house...

Did you say there is an L3 in murphy? My in-laws have a cabin 83 miles from my house in Canton, there. That would put it as really really close. Not at all doable without that L3 though.

Pye Nissan was great when I did this trip a few months ago. They had no problem with me charging on a Sunday while they were closed. When I came back through on a weekday, I sat in their service waiting area and enjoyed their wifi, bathrooms, and air conditioning, while answering questions from staff and customers about the car. If only they had a QC!

ztanos - Here's the address for this L3 station: https://maps.google.com/?q=6398+Lee+Highway,+Chattanooga,+TN+37421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out PlugShare - it's seems to be one of the best and most reliable (and still free!) charging stations in TN right across the border. Any charging options in Canton, GA yet?

rslatkin - I charged at Pye on Sunday too. We left with one bar off 100% thinking and showing I had plenty of charge but came up short in the end and crawled to Walgreens in Kennesaw to get me those missing 2 KWh :)

cracovian said:
ztanos - Here's the address for this L3 station: https://maps.google.com/?q=6398+Lee+Highway,+Chattanooga,+TN+37421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out PlugShare - it's seems to be one of the best and most reliable (and still free!) charging stations in TN right across the border. Any charging options in Canton, GA yet?

rslatkin - I charged at Pye on Sunday too. We left with one bar off 100% thinking and showing I had plenty of charge but came up short in the end and crawled to Walgreens in Kennesaw to get me those missing 2 KWh :)

Thanks for the address, that works perfectly for me.
None in Canton yet, but there are a few L2s in Alpharetta. I'm hoping that the Project will bring in a good bit of L3s.

Sorry to derail this thread off-topic, but it seems like I'm going to be stuck with swag (buttons and cards) that I need to get rid of. If anyone is free on Sunday, I'm going to try and show up at the ATL national plugin day event. I don't know if I'll be there all day, but I at least want to give out swag and answer some questions, if anyone has them. http://www.facebook.com/events/415771508481838/421937114531944" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back