Front Range - good experiences and pricing for a 2022 SV?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nxGuy

Hi

Our 2017 Leaf was totalled in an accident last Friday (other driver found at fault by the police), and am looking to buy a 2022 SV. We are in Fort Collins and the local dealer seems OK.

The first quote they sent was ~$30.5k OTD - leaving us at around 23K net after the Federal tax credit. I am trying to lobby them down to $29.5 OTD, leaving us both the Colorado ($2500) and Federal tax credits, leaving us at 19.5 net.

Does my hope for $29.5 OTD sound unrealistic in this geographic area?

Also, are folks feeling like the supply of Leafs will pick up if we can wait a month or so?

thanks for any local feedback!

-Peter

Hard to say but I've heard only good things about Tynan's in FC. As you know there are plenty of Leafs around here but since you're only asking for $1k off their offer it seems reasonable to give it a try. Common wisdom is wait until the end of the month since that is when dealers are most amenable to cutting a deal. Good luck and let us know how you end up. I keep thinking of getting a newer Leaf too since I can still sell my 2017 for more than I paid for it. It might be good for my daughter but personally I don't need the extra range so it's been a tough choice, although it certainly falls into the category of '1st world white man's problem'.

Hopefully no one got hurt in the accident. The price you quoted seem very reasonable. Here in Florida there are only three 2021 SVs within 500 miles. Inventory is very low and I don’t expect it to get any better for a long time.

We went through this last year when our 2019 SL+ was totaled by a hit and run uninsured driver with a suspended license. Some good samaritans followed her and police got her 5 miles away. She was arrested for hit and run and having a meth pipe in the car.

Our company, State Farm, paid us under collision coverage enough for us to buy a new 2020 SL+ and after $7,500 tax credit we were $1,500 ahead. Last week we were surprised to receive another $250 deposit. State Farm said the other driver agreed to monthly $250 payments and the first $1,000 goes to us to cover our deductible.

State Farm also paid about $20,000 in hospital, ambulance and doctor bills for my wife and me. Fortunately we didn’t suffer any permanent injuries.

Then just 4 weeks ago while I was pumping gas at a Costco, a Uhaul truck tried to pull around our Lexus, misjudged and sideswiped our Lexus. Uhaul insurance is covering all the Lexus repairs.

It’s been an interesting year.

It can be hard to pin down the Colorado dealerships on price. The first salesperson says the state and federal credits are not included in the quoted price, but sometimes they are ...

Pay attention to the price quote they have to honor. And you really should be getting current replacement market value for your car.

Lot of us have had good experiences at Boulder Nissan. Tyson is the other Leaf-savvy dealer in town.

Tried 2 other dealers when we were shopping. Wouldn’t recommend either.

Thanks so much for the helpful and encouraging replies!

I did want to say that although I am still a bit angry at the person that caused the crash, no one was injured, so I am very thankful for that.

As far as pricing - I have to admit that, at least around here, since there are virtually no Leafs on dealer lots (versus 2017 when we bought our first one and there were more than a dozen sitting at what was then Tynan Nissan here in Fort Collins), the fact that they aren't adding on to the MSRP is decent.
But it looks like the best I will do locally is $32.8 OTD (so $22.8k (after state and federal credits)) for the 40kw SV (which is the one we want). And they are saying that this is the last Leaf they will be getting for several more weeks, so in our situation (needing 2 cars) we are likely going to accept that offer.

thanks again

-Peter

Back