danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Re: Update on CalTrans District 9 (Sierra Nevada East Side) DC Fast Charger Program

Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:48 am

By the way, you can find all the latest documents for the CEC project here. Looks like a new addendum was just published but I didn't see any changes in my area since #4.

https://ww2.energy.ca.gov/2016publicati ... -2016-008/
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

paulgipe
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 311200

Re: Update on CalTrans District 9 (Sierra Nevada East Side) DC Fast Charger Program

Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:20 pm

Dan, Guy,

Just got notification that EA Coso Junction is live! Someone else got notification too and on PlugShare said they were going up to Mammoth and plan to use it.

I'd love to get up to Horseshoe Meadow but that's too far to Coso to chance it without confirmation that it works. That's a godforsaken place to get stuck if its dead.

At any rate seems like very good news. ;)

Paul
Bakersfield, California
2017 Bolt LT with DCFC, leased 11/09/17
2015 Nissan S with QC, leased, returned
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, used 10/3/16, sold
http://www.wind-works.org

danrjones

Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:24 pm

paulgipe wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:20 pm
Dan, Guy,

Just got notification that EA Coso Junction is live! Someone else got notification too and on PlugShare said they were going up to Mammoth and plan to use it.

I'd love to get up to Horseshoe Meadow but that's too far to Coso to chance it without confirmation that it works. That's a godforsaken place to get stuck if its dead.

At any rate seems like very good news. ;)

Paul
That's so strange it literally was still just the same pit with the fence around it five days ago when i went by for my backpack. I can check it out this weekend.

But my EA app shows them as available.

District 9 responded to me and said:
Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, this project is still in suspension. We are waiting for some partner agencies to finish their work before we’ll be able to proceed.

danrjones

Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:19 am

We did a road trip in our outback yesterday to see fall color in the eastern sierra. Checked out several chargers along the way - checked both rest stops for the Cal-trans sites, the rest stop at Coso Junction and the rest stop at division creek past Independence.

Both appear almost the same as last time. I did notice some new boxes installed but neither has the actual charger, which is an important part! Last email I received from Cal-trans said a different company was doing that at a later date, so that wait continues.

I meant to check for the Cal-trans station in Bishop, but with the traffic I couldn't look over to see it, at the Caltrans headquarters there where it is suppose to be.

I also eyed Brady's in passing at the junction of 14 and 395, looking for that Charge-point station. No work there yet. I have convinced myself that they will put out a CEC update Addendum sometime announcing another location change, maybe this time it can actually be IN Inyokern where amenities are! I know they had backup sites in case the primary sites failed - actually the primary was Robber's Roost, but they had multiple backups. Just put it near the Tesla chargers and the burger place!

danrjones

Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:48 pm

Nice update on Caltrans sites even though not specifically District 9

https://youtu.be/hZvNJUI4S-s

GRA

Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:31 pm

^^^ Could someone summarize the CEC sites' status for me, no CC being available in the video? Thanks.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Return to “Pacific USA”