SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garygid

Join us for a Saturday morning breakfast buffet at Hometown Buffet, or other location (see below).

Nominally, we Gather from about 8:30 until about 11:00 AM, but some will arrive at about 8:00 and some may stay later, if there is enough interest. Some come for a while, but have to leave early because they have a "real" life. :D

I usually try to arrive by 8:00, and am usually amoung the last to leave. HTB starts serving breakfast at 7:30, and transitions to their lunch menu between 10:30 to 11:00.

Usually, we LEAF-Gather on the 2nd Saturday of the month,
but we often Gather on another Saturday as well (at a different location).

See the new thread for out second year of Gatherings,
starting with 10 Sep 2011.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5418" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

------ 12th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #12a: 13 Aug in at the HTB in Cerritos.
Gathering #12b: 27 Aug at the HTB on 17th St in Santa Ana.
Cluster at the Santa Ana HTB on 6 Aug at 9 am, for Tom & SOC Meter stuff.

------ 11th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #11a: Saturday 9 July, at the Cerritos Hometown Buffet.

Gathering #11b: Saturday 30 July,
a breakfast buffet at HTB on 17th St. in Santa Ana.

--------- 10th month Gatherings --------
Gathering #10a: at Cerritos Nissan, Saturday on 11th of June.
Gathering #10b: at Hometown Buffet in Santa Ana on June 25th.

--------- 9th month Gatherings --------
Gathering #9a: at Cerritos Nissan, Saturday 14 May.
Gathering #9b: at Hometown Buffet in Santa Ana on 28 May.

--------- 8th month Gatherings --------
Gathering #8a: at Cerritos Nissan, 9 April 2011
I will try to be there by 8 AM, breakfast should be provided and available by 8:30 AM. Thanks, Cerritos Nissan!

Gathering #8b: Santa Ana Hometown Buffet, on Saturday, April 30th

--------- 7th month Gatherings --------
Gathering #7a: Mar 12th at Cerritos Nissan
18707 Studebaker Road, just west of 605. Take the first exit south of 91 (South St), and go west one short block, turning right (north) onto Studebaker Road. About 0.2 miles north, turn left onto Auto Square Dr. and then left again into Cerritos Nissan.

Cerritos Nissan has kindly offered to provide breakfast for us in their very nice UP-the-STAIRS Meeting Room. Nominally 8:30 AM to 11:00, with L1 and L2 charging available, and free LEAF (and other cars) washes offered, I believe.

(The nearby HTB, just east of the 605 freeway, that we used in January, is the "backup" location.)

Gathering #7b: Mar 26th
A second Gathering this month at the "same old" (quite good food) HTB on 17th St in Santa Ana. Everybody welcome.

-------- 6th month Gatherings --------
Gathering 6a at Cerritos Nissan on 12 Feb
Gathering 6b at Santa Ana HTB on 19th Feb

-------- 5th month Gathering --------
Gathering #5a:
Pre-Meeting Gathering: Sat. 15 Dec ... was a big success, with 2 LEAFs and about 11 persons
Meet at the "same-old" HTB in Santa Ana (see below) for any that prefer that date (I cannot attend on the 22 Dec).

Gathering 5b: Saturday 22 Jan 2011
Same time: 8:30 AM or so to about 11:00 AM or so.
At the HTB in Cerritos, about 0.2 miles east of the 605 freeway. Use the "South Street" exit about a mile south of the 91 freeway, going east to 11471 South Street. The HTB is north of South Street, "hidden" behind other buildings.

-------- Forth month Gathering --------
Gathering #4: 11 December 2010
Same place and time, see below.

Who will get a LEAF in December?
Will we have a "Christmas" LEAF at the January meeting?
What EVSE to buy in December?

-------- Third Gathering(s) --------
Gathering #3a: 13 Nov 2010
The "main" November Gathering is Saturday Nov 13th, doing the same breakfast buffet at HTB (see Gathering #2).

Gathering 3b (smaller) on Nov 20th for those that could not make the "main" Gathering, again a breakfast at HTB.

-------- Second Gathering --------
Gathering #2: Saturday 16 Oct 2010
At the HTB just East of I-5 on 17th street in Santa Ana
1008 EAST 17TH STREET
SANTA ANA, CA 92701
Phone: (714) 541-3020
Their "breakfast" hours are from 7:30 until 11:00 (when "lunch" begins").
I plan to arrive between 8 and 8:30, and stay until at least 11.

-------- First Gathering --------
Gathering #1: Saturday 18 Sept 2010
At the HTB just East of I-5 on 17th street in Santa Ana
1008 EAST 17TH STREET
SANTA ANA, CA 92701
Phone: (714) 541-3020
Their "breakfast" hours are from 7:30 until 11:00 (when "lunch" begins").
I plan to arrive between 8 and 8:30, and stay until at least 11.

---------------------
Anybody interested?

Future suggestions?
-----

garygid said:
Why wait?
Bring an interested friend, and chat.

Discuss charging options and strategies?

Until we have our cars, most of our discussions would be 'what ifs'. I'd suggest a meet AFTER we have our cars for real-lfe experiences coming to the table,. Plus, call the TV news crews and if it's a slow news day, the Leaf would get some positive coverage!

Jimmydreams said:
garygid said:
Why wait?
Bring an interested friend, and chat.

Discuss charging options and strategies?

Until we have our cars, most of our discussions would be 'what ifs'. I'd suggest a meet AFTER we have our cars for real-lfe experiences coming to the table,. Plus, call the TV news crews and if it's a slow news day, the Leaf would get some positive coverage!

Yes and then we can "parade" our LEAFs around town. :)

It would be cool to do a LEAF pilgrimage too... like say up to Santa Barbara.... may have to stop in Oxnard for lunch to top off the cars though.

Thanks, Gary for getting the ball rolling. What you suggest as place and day sound great, though if we do this more often in the future, I would appreciate a place closer to LA proper...maybe split the distance? But for starters, I can go to Santa Ana. Set a Saturday and I will try my best to be there. I would be happy to meet all of you I have been posting with all these weeks....even before we get our Leafs (hard for me not to say Leaves....)

I would need a charge somewhere along the way to make it from Oceanside to Santa Ana and back. It's about 54 miles one way. But I'm in! :)

Is two weeks from tomorrow (18 Sept) too soon?

The HTB near me offers "breakfast" from about 8:00 to 10:30, but I will call this "17th Street" HTB and verify ... and post here.

We can have different locations, one nearer LA and one more "South", but the I-5 should give fast access to this one on a Saturday morning.

garygid said:
Is two weeks from tomorrow (18 Sept) too soon?

The HTB near me offers "breakfast" from about 8:00 to 10:30, but I will call this "17th Street" HTB and verify ... and post here.

We can have different locations, one nearer LA and one more "South", but the I-5 should give fast access to this one on a Saturday morning.

I think that works for me. I'll double check my schedule...I think I have overtime the next 3 Friday's in a row. :?

Hometown Buffet
1008 East 17th Street
Santa Ana, CA 92701
(714) 541-3020

Breakfast 7:30 to 11:00 AM
Saturday (and Sunday)

Gathering #1:
On Saturday 18 Sept, 2010
I will try to arrive there between 8 and 8:30,
and stay until at least 11. All are welcome.
I will try to sit in the area furthest from the entry,
whatever that is, and wear my LEAF t-shirt.

Google link:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...fai=CTrqw9SiBTO7YOKeqgATQ89ybAQAAAKoEBU_QIfUJ

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q... ana ca 17th street&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Cheers, Gary

I'll be there about 8:30, Gary. It'll be fun to meet after all these months of posting. I can't stay more than an hour, though, my birthday party is at noon that day. :lol:

Phil

Great, looks like we will have a good group, at least 6, maybe 8 ... so far!

I will bring a stack of my "info" cards, and ...
possibly a surprise from "another era" to look at. :)

Eggs, pancakes, "burp", etc.

garygid said:
Great, looks like we will have a good group, at least 6, maybe 8 ... so far!

I will bring a stack of my "info" cards, and ...
possibly a surprise from "another era" to look at. :)

Eggs, pancakes, "burp", etc.

Why would you bring my dad there for everyone to look at??
:mrgreen: :lol:

Back