Looking for a good lease deal or S or SV with QC in Orange County, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OurLeaf12

My lease for a 2012 SL is ending soon. I've been shopping for a 2015 S or SV with QC and not much luck so far. What kind of lease deals have people been getting in the LA /OC area?

I am in the very same situation. Did NMAC offer you the $5k discount on purchasing the 2012 SL? Mine works out to just under $12k. I also think I avoid the ~$379 "turn in fee" & any excess wear & tear I would get dinged for if I buy. Even considering that, a 2012 SL in very good shape :) with 39k miles for $11-11.5k might still be a tad on the high side of market value.

I need to call them and find out if the 1 yr. extension with 2 free months is still in effect. If so, I will likely do that and see where the 2016 deals are once they start getting delivered. Downside is since I put $0 down and this was before the 2013 price drop, my payment is $360/mo. Tough to be an early adopter, but I love my LEAF.

Last payment is 11.24.15 and I think I have to turn it in same day.

Nissan offered me $7000 credit if I buy, but my residual is still $17000 something. I got close to 41K miles on my Leaf and 3 bars lost. I also thought about buying but to spend another close to $11k just doesn't make sense. My payments are $225 but I put down $2500 down. Yeah, I wish I was one of those who got the killer deals. Even reading the forum, back just a few months ago, someone in Nor Cal got a $99 monthly lease! I forget the down pay but it was $2500 or less. Nor Cal offers much better deals. I even entertained the idea of getting one shipped down here. Not sure if that would take care of my current lease's acquisition cost of $395 tho

OurLeaf12 said:
Nissan offered me $7000 credit if I buy, but my residual is still $17000 something. I got close to 41K miles on my Leaf and 3 bars lost. I also thought about buying but to spend another close to $11k just doesn't make sense. My payments are $225 but I put down $2500 down. Yeah, I wish I was one of those who got the killer deals. Even reading the forum, back just a few months ago, someone in Nor Cal got a $99 monthly lease! I forget the down pay but it was $2500 or less. Nor Cal offers much better deals. I even entertained the idea of getting one shipped down here. Not sure if that would take care of my current lease's acquisition cost of $395 tho

When did they offer the $7k credit? I am in a 2012 lease expiring 11.24.15 and agent told me that expired and $5k was current best offer. I asked whether a supervisor was needed to authorize the higher credit. She said expired. I would probably buy for $9.8k. Much tougher choice at $11.8k.

Of course, she also said that lease extension was not possible. I asked about the 1 yr. lease extension with 2 free months. She said expired. I asked about lease extension. She said expired. She said only options were turn in ($395 + xs wear & tear) or buy w/ $5k credit. She did mention if I lease / buy a new Nissan within 30 days of turn in, they would waive the $395 + xs wear & tear. I wonder if that goes for certified pre-owned from a dealer?

Getting inspection on THU so will no better what the economics are. Expect to do ok on everything but tires. No idea what 38k highway miles have done and whether they have > 1/8" at lowest point.

Back