danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Re: Update on CEC DCFC Stations in Tehachapi, Mojave, and Inyokern, Calfornia

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:07 am

Did a quick check this weekend at Inyokern. Nothing new to report. I suppose weekly updates get a bit tedious, but then, just when you think it won't happen (Ea Coso), it does! Inyokern looks like an easy one, just a small transformer and done.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

danrjones

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Had not checked Inyokern in awhile. Checked today and nothing has changed.

Nothing much else to say

danrjones

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:18 pm

paulgipe wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:43 pm

Paul
Plug-share is showing a new station as active in Inyokern, and the phone number is EV Connect's. No review or photos, and it clearly looks like a duplicate of the one we have been watching. Not sure if EV connect did that or if someone else added it not knowing we already had one on plug-share for it.

Ill have to go over and check and see if its up and running.

paulgipe
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 311200

Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Yes Dan was just going to write you. Please do pay a visit. We'd like to use that station Wednesday. Long time coming. Let's hope it works.

Paul
Bakersfield, California
2017 Bolt LT with DCFC, leased 11/09/17
2015 Nissan S with QC, leased, returned
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, used 10/3/16, sold
http://www.wind-works.org

danrjones

Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:37 pm

paulgipe wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:16 pm
Yes Dan was just going to write you. Please do pay a visit. We'd like to use that station Wednesday. Long time coming. Let's hope it works.

Paul
Well it works. Sort of.

You need the EV connect app. Then I still had to click start in the station screen. Only trouble is that it took me 15 minutes to get the screen visible. It was just a solid black blob when I got there. I think the screen was overheating. Finally could see the buttons to press and it worked, but I literally had to stand blocking the sun and blow on the screen to cool it down. Good luck during the really hot months!

Could not get the level 2 to start even with the App.

danrjones

Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:55 pm

Plugshare is also being grumpy and wouldn't seem to let me merge the two sites. Since the new one has availability I decided to use that as the level 3 and leave the old site as the level 2. The level 2s are powered but the app would never let me start.

paulgipe

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Thanks Dan. We're going by Wednesday and we'll take a look. We'll also try our luck again at Coso. I hope EA isn't holding a grudge. ;)

Paul
Bakersfield, California

danrjones

Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:11 pm

paulgipe wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:15 pm
Thanks Dan. We're going by Wednesday and we'll take a look. We'll also try our luck again at Coso. I hope EA isn't holding a grudge. ;)

Paul
If you make it up in the Sierra let me know how closed or restricted it is. I haven't gone anywhere since they locked down for fires. I'm really missing hiking even just day hiking to see fall color would be nice. I usually do Mcgee near Crowley lake but I haven't wanted to drive up there and see a sign saying no hiking. Same with Horseshoe and Onion Valley.

Plus I've been busy adding a second solar system to my house, DIY. That kept me busy planning, buying and now installing. Just finishing up footers and rails.

paulgipe

Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Dan,

First Inyokern: When the screen is blank use "start" button lower left for CHAdeMO, "stop" (not emergency stop) for CCS. There's a message on the screen to this effect. Of course with the screen blank you can't see this. ;) Early morning it was fine and we charged. It was very slow recognizing my RFID card but it did eventually. My phone was acting up and I couldn't pull up the app so I was just about to test the CC reader.

In the afternoon the screen was blank and burning hot. I plugged in, pressed stop, waved my little RFID card and it worked--and I needed that charge.

Horseshoe Meadows: The road was open, beautiful aspen in at the TH turnout for Little Cottonwood Creek, willows had mostly lost their leaves in the meadow. We found three gentian still blooming! TH to cottonwood pass closed because of active Castle Complex fire. We didn't check TH to cottonwood lakes. Smell of smoke but it was cool with beautiful blue sky. We're glad we went for it. Makes for a long day from Bakersfield. ;)

There were only 5 vehicles in the picnic and backpackers parking areas. We had the place to ourselves. One was a ranger vehicle.

We like the stop in Inyokern, very peaceful though a toilet would have been nice.

Paul
Bakersfield, California

danrjones

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:40 pm

paulgipe wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:44 pm
Dan,

First Inyokern: When the screen is blank use "start" button lower left for CHAdeMO, "stop" (not emergency stop) for CCS. There's a message on the screen to this effect. Of course with the screen blank you can't see this. ;) Early morning it was fine and we charged. It was very slow recognizing my RFID card but it did eventually. My phone was acting up and I couldn't pull up the app so I was just about to test the CC reader.

In the afternoon the screen was blank and burning hot. I plugged in, pressed stop, waved my little RFID card and it worked--and I needed that charge.

Horseshoe Meadows: The road was open, beautiful aspen in at the TH turnout for Little Cottonwood Creek, willows had mostly lost their leaves in the meadow. We found three gentian still blooming! TH to cottonwood pass closed because of active Castle Complex fire. We didn't check TH to cottonwood lakes. Smell of smoke but it was cool with beautiful blue sky. We're glad we went for it. Makes for a long day from Bakersfield. ;)

There were only 5 vehicles in the picnic and backpackers parking areas. We had the place to ourselves. One was a ranger vehicle.

We like the stop in Inyokern, very peaceful though a toilet would have been nice.

Paul
Aha, ok, good to know. So you do need either a RFID "card" or the app though to start?. I wonder why they didn't make it simpler (if its free) and just make it "plug in, press button, start"? I was thinking someone anonymous should add a shade cover... I'll try the level 2 again sometime just to test and report.

Will probably take a drive up to McGee (Crowley lake area), Rock Creek or one of the canyons out of Bishop or Big Pine this weekend. Won't be able to use my leaf for that, but hopefully next EV I will. I'm adding solar so I'll have the juice for longer range EVs than my 2018 leaf. I miss going up for the fall, because we have still been mid 90s. Always feels like by the time I feel like fall where I live, I've totally missed fall in the mountains.

Return to “Pacific USA”