derkraut
Posts: 1519
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:39 pm
Delivery Date: 14 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 004248
Location: San Diego vicinity

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:33 pm

ttweed wrote:
sdbonez wrote:
ttweed wrote:...according to the EV Project residential agreement
Is this link (http://173.201.179.178/questionnaire/pa ... agreement/) *the* residential agreement?
No, that's the "Standard" agreement. The one for SDG&E customers is here:
http://www.etec.stage.nissanusa.com/par ... esLogixID=

TT
Why---THANKS, Tom! :)
Derkraut
Color: Cayenne SLE, ETEC trim
reserved: 5/15/2010
Leaf del. 6/14/2011
New Traction battery installed on 7/28/2017:

User avatar
ttweed
Posts: 1090
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:31 am
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1317
Location: La Jolla, CA
Contact: Website

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:55 pm

GroundLoop wrote: If they install a second meter, then they also have to install a new breaker for it, in a new panel to house the breaker and feed from the meter. There is nowhere to put this on the exterior.
According to the SDG&E guy at the meeting, all the eTec people will be getting a EV TOU3–Dual Meter Adapter (DMA) placed on the existing socket by the utility to hold two meters. One meter is for the house on residential rate, one is for the vehicle TOU measurement. The eTec contractor is not involved in this part of the installation, so it isn't included in their bid.

TT
Tom Tweed
La Jolla, CA
Plowshare Media
2011 SLe #1317 del. 4/1/11
1st bar lost at 31,953 miles
2nd bar lost at 38,685 miles
3rd bar lost at 50,711 miles
4th bar lost at 59,758 miles after 64 months
Battery replaced at 61,307 miles.

User avatar
Jimmydreams
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0175
Location: Oceanside, Ca.
Contact: Website

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:35 pm

ttweed wrote:
GroundLoop wrote: If they install a second meter, then they also have to install a new breaker for it, in a new panel to house the breaker and feed from the meter. There is nowhere to put this on the exterior.
According to the SDG&E guy at the meeting, all the eTec people will be getting a EV TOU3–Dual Meter Adapter (DMA) placed on the existing socket by the utility to hold two meters. One meter is for the house on residential rate, one is for the vehicle TOU measurement. The eTec contractor is not involved in this part of the installation, so it isn't included in their bid.

TT
I thought the SDG&E guy said that there were NO UL listed DMA's in North America. What we will wind up getting is still up in the sir. :?
JimmyD
http://www.jjhamilton.com/solar
Blue SL Leaf delivered 1/7/2011
EVP participant. EVSE: Blink
6.75kW PV solar

GroundLoop
Posts: 1725
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Jimmydreams wrote: I thought the SDG&E guy said that there were NO UL listed DMA's in North America. What we will wind up getting is still up in the sir. :?
Yes, that's what I heard too. EV-TOU-3 is effectively finished, and something subtractive (as yet unpublished) will take its place within a week or so.

(This is in addition to the EV Project experimental plan.)

User avatar
sdbonez
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: San Diego, Ca (San Marcos)

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:03 pm

ttweed wrote: No, that's the "Standard" agreement. The one for SDG&E customers is here:
http://www.etec.stage.nissanusa.com/par ... esLogixID=
TT
For some reason, I never saw it (looked at it?) but there's lots of good info in it. thanks, Tom.

-Mike
EV Prj: prereg 4/19 11:21a, appvd 7/22 11:34a, on-site eval 8/27 1pm, installed 3/30
Leaf: Red eTec resvd 4/20 2:33p, order open 8/31 11:30a, confirmed 9/3 2:00p, Carwings 3/9
Dash@Delivery 4/8, 7-day on 3/23, Delivered 03/30, Carwings: 'Bonez' VIN#728

User avatar
sdbonez
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: San Diego, Ca (San Marcos)

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:05 pm

Frank wrote: I installed a kWh monitoring system several months ago from EcoDog Inc and it monitors usage at the circuit level in kWh and $$ so you can see how much it costs to run AC, a load of laundry, bake a cake, etc. It records the data in hour increments on each circuit. If you want to check it out see http://www.ecodoginc.com. The system is appropriately called Fido.
Yeah, very familiar with it and ever so cool. Could never justify the extra ~$1k, though - especially with $0-$50 electric bills all the time. Moving an $18 Kill-a-watt around has had to suffice...
EV Prj: prereg 4/19 11:21a, appvd 7/22 11:34a, on-site eval 8/27 1pm, installed 3/30
Leaf: Red eTec resvd 4/20 2:33p, order open 8/31 11:30a, confirmed 9/3 2:00p, Carwings 3/9
Dash@Delivery 4/8, 7-day on 3/23, Delivered 03/30, Carwings: 'Bonez' VIN#728

GroundLoop
Posts: 1725
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:21 pm

I just connect straight to the ANSI C12.13 optical port on the SDG&E meter.
This way I get exactly the same power totals that will appear on my bill, and exactly the metered consumption in real-time.

The meter provides load information every minute. It makes it very easy to produce graphs and data logs of demand:

Image

Combining this data with the information from the PV inverter draws the complete picture of generation, house consumption, and metering.

Image

User avatar
sdbonez
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: San Diego, Ca (San Marcos)

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:38 pm

GroundLoop wrote:I just connect straight to the ANSI C12.13 optical port on the SDG&E meter.
This way I get exactly the same power totals that will appear on my bill, and exactly the metered consumption in real-time.
What software are you using?
EV Prj: prereg 4/19 11:21a, appvd 7/22 11:34a, on-site eval 8/27 1pm, installed 3/30
Leaf: Red eTec resvd 4/20 2:33p, order open 8/31 11:30a, confirmed 9/3 2:00p, Carwings 3/9
Dash@Delivery 4/8, 7-day on 3/23, Delivered 03/30, Carwings: 'Bonez' VIN#728

GroundLoop
Posts: 1725
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:53 am

My own perl scripts to communicate with the meter & solar inverter, sending data to the excellent RRDTools from Tobi Oetiker. Graphs come from rrd.

The ANSI specs for power meter communication are well-documented, and it's a simple IR tx/rx interface at standard RS-232 rates. You can have the perl scripts if you want them.

User avatar
LEAFer
Posts: 2647
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 19 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 000215
Location: Sacramento Area

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:48 am

Nice. Photo of the hardware ? (Optical interface?)
2011 Silver SL+QC [Mfg: 11/2010] 36mo/15k LEASE
06Jun2013 Status [28.5 months][34,173 miles][11 bars]
Lost CapacityBar 6/6/13 @34,173 miles while in LEAF Battery Monitor: 83.41%, 71.4F (avg); cool overnight;

Return to “Pacific USA”