DaveEV

Re: San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 am

Dropped my car off for it's annual service today and see that the Mossy Nissan Oceanside QC is up and operational. Talked to the manager, just went only late last week, it's available 24/7 (no FOB required) and is free of charge.

NICE!

Will test it when I pick up my car this afternoon.

davewill

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 pm

davewill wrote: Torrey Hills Center
4627 Carmel Mountain Rd, San Diego, CA
Update: It's been powered up, but is showing a message that it needs to be "registered". The guys working at the restaurant were really interested in it and my LEAF, but had no clue about the EVSE.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

Randy
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Liberty Station - 2384 Truxton Rd in Point Loma

Located at Liberty Station near Trader Joes, there are 10 Blink Level 2 stations in the lot. 8 stations are grouped together, and then 2 more stations are placed near the existing handicapped parking spots close by. There are some dedicated spots for EVs, while most of the spots are not reserved (due to parking issues). And there are plans to host Car2Go vehicles in these spots as well, so you can grab one and rent it for your EV drive. The stations are powered up, and there is plenty to do nearby, making this location a great place to grab a charge.

Randy

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Liberty Station - Lot N2 - 2750 Historic Decatur Rd in Point Loma

There are 10 Blink Level 2 stations at this Lot N2 location on Historic Decatur Rd in Liberty Station. The stations are not energized yet, but will be shortly. There are a couple of reserved Car2Go parking places in this location...There are plenty of stores and parks nearby, which also makes this a great location to charge while in the area.

Randy

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Pizza Nova - 5050 N. Harbor Drive in Point Loma

If you're hungry for a pizza in Point Loma, there are a couple of Blink Level 2 charging stations right in front of Pizza Nova...These stations are located at one of the few LEED-status marinas in the area, as well...The installation takes advantage of the existing handicapped parking places, and adds an additional charging station next to the adjacent space...There are a few things else to do in the area besides pizza, such as other restaurants and businesses, as well as the Marina...Note that the Blink map shows two different addresses for these stations, but in reality they are next to each other...

goohan

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:23 pm

I stopped by the QC at Mossy Nissan Oceanside today but couldn't get it to work. I called the customer support number and they said I needed the FOB from the dealership. Has anyone else had the same problem? Will call the dealership when I get a chance to find out if I was doing something wrong or if you do need them to activate it. The screen had a message to place the FOB near the reader.
Reserved: 4/20/2010
Ordered: 10/1/2010
Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa, Cayenne Red, ETEC

DaveEV

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:11 pm

goohan wrote:I stopped by the QC at Mossy Nissan Oceanside today but couldn't get it to work. I called the customer support number and they said I needed the FOB from the dealership. Has anyone else had the same problem? Will call the dealership when I get a chance to find out if I was doing something wrong or if you do need them to activate it. The screen had a message to place the FOB near the reader.
I was going to try it when I picked up my car Friday, but unfortunately a white LEAF with Zero Emissions stickers on the sides was hogging the spot for at least the 20 minutes it took to get my car. :( I didn't need the charge and needed to get back to work so didn't pursue further - too bad as I wanted to try it for 5 minutes to verify it worked as described (no FOB required as stated by the manager). When I spoke with the dealer they said that they've had people leave their car on L2 for hours without letting anyone know before, too.

If they could free up the spot on the other side of the island the charger is on at least then the plug would be able to reach two spots.

Was the dealer open when you stopped by? Did you look for any employees to ask about it?

goohan

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:54 pm

drees wrote:
goohan wrote:I stopped by the QC at Mossy Nissan Oceanside today but couldn't get it to work. I called the customer support number and they said I needed the FOB from the dealership. Has anyone else had the same problem? Will call the dealership when I get a chance to find out if I was doing something wrong or if you do need them to activate it. The screen had a message to place the FOB near the reader.
I was going to try it when I picked up my car Friday, but unfortunately a white LEAF with Zero Emissions stickers on the sides was hogging the spot for at least the 20 minutes it took to get my car. :( I didn't need the charge and needed to get back to work so didn't pursue further - too bad as I wanted to try it for 5 minutes to verify it worked as described (no FOB required as stated by the manager). When I spoke with the dealer they said that they've had people leave their car on L2 for hours without letting anyone know before, too.

If they could free up the spot on the other side of the island the charger is on at least then the plug would be able to reach two spots.

Was the dealer open when you stopped by? Did you look for any employees to ask about it?
The dealer was open. I didn't really need a charge so I didn't bother asking anyone. Figured I give them a call tomorrow and find out the details on fob/no fob. If you find out before me, I'll be checking here for your comments. Thanks.

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:56 am

goohan wrote: Figured I give them a call tomorrow and find out the details on fob/no fob. If you find out before me, I'll be checking here for your comments. Thanks.
It's not unheard of - the unit at Autonation Nissan in Hawthorne requires a fob.

If it holds out to be the same at Mossy, this also means access will be limited to when the dealership is open.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 85,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

goohan

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:42 pm

mwalsh wrote:
goohan wrote: Figured I give them a call tomorrow and find out the details on fob/no fob. If you find out before me, I'll be checking here for your comments. Thanks.
It's not unheard of - the unit at Autonation Nissan in Hawthorne requires a fob.

If it holds out to be the same at Mossy, this also means access will be limited to when the dealership is open.
Spoke with Mossy Nissan Oceanside today about their QC. They said you have to request the fob from the manager. Not too convenient. A bad precedent if this is the way all of the Nissan dealers are going to set up their QCs. Anyone have any ideas as to who to contact to see if this policy can be changed?

Return to “Pacific USA”