Blinks around LA Live?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Acording to PlugShare, it Looks like a crapload of Blink J1772s have popped up around the Convention center and LA Live. Anyone used any of them? Fee or free? Any tips?

Got an afternoon event at the CC next month, and I may not even try to snag one of the two free ones there, being as I won't get to see if they're available or not until after I've paid my parking fee.

mwalsh- Are these the ones you are talking about?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=323&start=300#p201733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TomT said:
Geez, I almost barfed before I finally got to the meat! :lol:

mwalsh said:
Scroll down past all the Laker game twaddle.

All you folks have to do is ask...

I've re-posted the "meat" and EV charging info on the Blink Network chargers at L.A. Live/Staples Center on an abbreviation of the original post for you NON-Sports fans.

I'll be re-editing this abbreviated post after tomorrow as I will be using the West Garage tomorrow night.

mwalsh said:
Thanks Dennis! Sorry for disparaging your Laker coverage. ;)

No offense taken. I'm nuts about my EV, sports, and restaurants... so I blog about it. Not everyone shares all three passions.

With the addition of the 10 Blinks at L.A. Live, the location has definitely become a destination for fellow EV drivers. The key takeaway is if you're using the 2 assigned to the Hotel valets (either the JW or the Ritz) you have to give them your own Blink card to use as they don't have their own AND remember to give them your Zip as Blink has coded all newer and upgraded EVSEs to require the Zip after swiping. Additionally, you get the benefit of the iOs App to let you know if the valet did plug in and initiate charging properly (as long as the App is set to allow notifications).

Hope my condensed re-post gets you non-Sports fans the info you need, as for you sports fans, please leave a charger available for me to use as most days I've used up most my charge getting to downtown and need a few hours to re-fill for the drive back home. :)

Oh, I like some sports and sports teams, just not the Lakers... :)

Actually, I take that back; there are few sports other than motorsports that I actually pay much attention to...

But I am sometimes down in the L.A. Live/Convention Center area for other things so that is good to know.

AEdennis said:
I've re-posted the "meat" and EV charging info on the Blink Network chargers at L.A. Live/Staples Center on an abbreviation of the original post for you NON-Sports fans.

TomT said:
Oh, I like some sports and sports teams, just not the Lakers... :)

Actually, I take that back; there are few sports other than motorsports that I actually pay much attention to...

But I am sometimes down in the L.A. Live/Convention Center area for other things so that is good to know.

AEdennis said:

TomT, any chargers in Fontana close to the California/AAA speedway that are reliable?

Ok. For those attending a sports event at Staples Center and parking at Lot W (West) I have included my best explanation of the convoluted way they get you to the chargers on the update to the same abbreviation. It's near the top of the post.

During non-game days, it's a lot more direct...

Not that would fit most definitions of close by... Fontana Nissan is probably the best option. We drove the ICE that day.

Thanks for the update!

AEdennis said:
TomT, any chargers in Fontana close to the California/AAA speedway that are reliable?

Back