User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:23 am

Luft wrote:Well for some of us the Rally continues! I'm on my way home now and will be hitting a RV park in Red Bluff tomorrow.

Tony, which RV park did Terry pop the main breaker? EVs may not be allowed to charge there anymore and I don't want to get stranded. :o
It was on 101, so Red Bluff should be OK.

User avatar
LEAFer
Posts: 2647
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 19 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 000215
Location: Sacramento Area

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:09 am

Luft wrote:Well for some of us the Rally continues! I'm on my way home now and will be hitting a RV park in Red Bluff tomorrow.

Tony, which RV park did Terry pop the main breaker? EVs may not be allowed to charge there anymore and I don't want to get stranded. :o
@Luft ... not sure where your are now, but going thru Chico, then Redding Nissan Dealers might be a good alternative to consider.
2011 Silver SL+QC [Mfg: 11/2010] 36mo/15k LEASE
06Jun2013 Status [28.5 months][34,173 miles][11 bars]
Lost CapacityBar 6/6/13 @34,173 miles while in LEAF Battery Monitor: 83.41%, 71.4F (avg); cool overnight;

Luft
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:06 pm
Location: Tenino, WA

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Just got home from the rally today. Tony, thanks for organizing this it was fun but "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." :lol:
Luft
Tenino, Washington
Red SL + QC
Reserved: 05/10/2011
Ordered: 05/11/2011
Estimated Delivery Date: Month of August 2011
Delivered September 17, 2011
VIN # 007166

User avatar
LEAFer
Posts: 2647
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 19 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 000215
Location: Sacramento Area

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 pm

:)
2011 Silver SL+QC [Mfg: 11/2010] 36mo/15k LEASE
06Jun2013 Status [28.5 months][34,173 miles][11 bars]
Lost CapacityBar 6/6/13 @34,173 miles while in LEAF Battery Monitor: 83.41%, 71.4F (avg); cool overnight;

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Luft wrote:Just got home from the rally today. Tony, thanks for organizing this it was fun but "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." :lol:

Glad to hear you're home. What was your date and time at the Mexican border?

Luft
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:06 pm
Location: Tenino, WA

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:28 pm

TonyWilliams wrote:
Luft wrote:Just got home from the rally today. Tony, thanks for organizing this it was fun but "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." :lol:

Glad to hear you're home. What was your date and time at the Mexican border?
I arrived about 11:00 PM just before the deadline. :P
Luft
Tenino, Washington
Red SL + QC
Reserved: 05/10/2011
Ordered: 05/11/2011
Estimated Delivery Date: Month of August 2011
Delivered September 17, 2011
VIN # 007166

yobless
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:28 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Jul 2013
Leaf Number: 410452
Location: Los Feliz, CA

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:44 pm

A bit late for this thread...ran into a BC2BC EV participant at Glendale Nissan. Dude was driving a Mitsubishi i-MiEV

Image
2013 Metallic Slate LEAF SV

Adios gasolina!!!

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Luft wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:
Luft wrote:Just got home from the rally today. Tony, thanks for organizing this it was fun but "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." :lol:

Glad to hear you're home. What was your date and time at the Mexican border?
I arrived about 11:00 PM just before the deadline. :P
2013 BC2BC Overall time score, hours+minutes


7th) Car #4 - 130+41 = 49+12, 23+20, 24+49, 33+20
8th) Car #3 - 142+57 = 28+25, 50+51, 25+41, 37+55

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Teasers for next years rally:

You can now drive from Mexico to Canada solely on Tesla Superchargers right now!

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In addition, the Superchargers have been increased from 90kW to 120kW in USA, and 135kW in Europe. In addition, Tesla will offer a CHAdeMO adapter.

Several motorcycles are now offered with substantially more than 100 miles of range, some pushing 200 miles. ZERO Motorcycles have CHAdeMO capability.

A Nissan LEAF with 48kWh was recently tested.

User avatar
vrwl
Forum Supporter
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 8597
Location: Northeastern PA/Poconos

Re: All EV Rally, BC2BC-2013, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexi

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:41 am

TonyWilliams wrote:Teasers for next years rally:

... A Nissan LEAF with 48kWh was recently tested.

:shock: :o :!: :?: :!: :?:
Vicki
2011 Silver SL-Mfg 8/11-Purch 6/12
34000 miles

Return to “Pacific USA”