toasty
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:53 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: All EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 29, 2013 !!!!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Instead of a East Coast Version, how about a cross country version.

East/West I-10 or I-20+ I-40 or I-80
Last edited by toasty on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: All EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 29, 2013 !!!!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:24 pm

toasty wrote:or East/West I-10 or I-20+ I-40 or I-80
?????

toasty
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:53 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: All EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 29, 2013 !!!!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:26 pm

i wish i could rent a EV or Rav4 EV one way in WA, and drop it off in CA and join in too.

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: All EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 29, 2013 !!!!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm

toasty wrote:i wish i could rent a EV or Rav4 EV one way in WA, and drop it off in CA and join in too.
I am absolutely confident that if you are a true EV enthusiast, that you could fly into SEA and be somebody's navigator to SAN, and fly home from there.

Of course, you CAN rent a LEAF at Enterprise in San Diego and ship it to Seattle for the event. When you drop it off a week later with 2000 miles on it, you might get some scratched heads.

Alternately, you could do the same with a dealer who wants to sponsor the trip. They provide the car for the week-ish, and you make 'em proud.

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: All EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 29, 2013 !!!!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Here's a rally guide to thumb through for ideas:

http://www.scca.com/documents/Rally%20F ... k_2009.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KeiJidosha
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:57 am
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2011
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Planning for EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 2013 !!!!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:31 pm

TonyWilliams wrote:
BIGneutrino wrote:
LEAFer wrote:Just my 2c: The 6/29 sounds good ... with INDEPENDENCE DAY so close ... the rally can celebrate 7/4 !
This sounds like a blast. I started my web browsing tonight looking for SCCA road rallies suitable for our LEAF, and found this thread. If the rally starts 6/29, I am in.
Where do you live? I'm curious if we get more folks hauling cars in at the beginning, or the end of the event!

For me, I can drive home afterward without even a recharge.

Did you find the thread on the all-EV "ReFuel" Event at Laguna Seca on July 1, 2012? With any luck, we'll be able to work that in, too.
SPECIAL EVENT: Speed Ventures is hosting the REFUEL Alternative Vehicle Demonstration at MAZDA Raceway Laguna Seca on Sunday June 30, 2013. We will have one or two regular car run groups available that day. The rest of the day will be made available for electric cars and motorcycles. Information and registration for REFUEL can be found at http://www.refuelraces.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Registration opens soon).
- 2009 BMW MINI E > 2013 Honda Fit EV > 2017 Chevy Bolt EV
- 2013 Ford C-Max Energi > 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: Planning for EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 2013 !!!!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 pm

KeiJidosha wrote:MAZDA Raceway Laguna Seca on Sunday June 30, 2013. We will have one or two regular car run groups available that day. The rest of the day will be made available for electric cars and motorcycles. Information and registration for REFUEL can be found at http://www.refuelraces.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Registration opens soon).
Well, for some reason, I thought that was going to be the next weekend. Are you going to run the Honda?

I'd really like to participate. I wonder how many others would, though? It's slightly more than 1000 miles from Blaine, Washington to this event. There is just absolutely no way to get there in one day.

MMmmmmm.

KeiJidosha
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:57 am
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2011
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Planning for EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 2013 !!!!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 pm

TonyWilliams wrote:
KeiJidosha wrote:MAZDA Raceway Laguna Seca on Sunday June 30, 2013. We will have one or two regular car run groups available that day. The rest of the day will be made available for electric cars and motorcycles. Information and registration for REFUEL can be found at http://www.refuelraces.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Registration opens soon).
Well, for some reason, I thought that was going to be the next weekend. Are you going to run the Honda?

I'd really like to participate. I wonder how many others would, though? It's slightly more than 1000 miles from Blaine, Washington to this event. There is just absolutely no way to get there in one day.
MMmmmmm.
My conundrum as well. Will run the Honda if I can find a tire solution.
- 2009 BMW MINI E > 2013 Honda Fit EV > 2017 Chevy Bolt EV
- 2013 Ford C-Max Energi > 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: Planning for EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 2013 !!!!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:58 pm

KeiJidosha wrote:My conundrum as well. Will run the Honda if I can find a tire solution.
I don't even know what the best is for a 4100 pound car like the Rav4.

I suppose I'll just get a set of "real" race tires mounted on any wheel.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/th ... 11-feature" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 10091
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: All EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 29, 2013 !!!!

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:05 am

Well, logically, the fastest any LEAF could go 1000 miles is about 3-4 days.

Maybe we should launch BC2BC mid week, maybe Monday, June 25 ?

That gives everybody the weekend before (June 23-24) to trailer the cars into Washington and a gentleman's pace to Laguna Seca?

Return to “Pacific USA”