downeykp
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1931

Re: Trump is the Greatest/Lousiest Pres. of All Time

Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:42 am

The vaccine roll out has been a disaster. My daughter, who is a Pharmacist gets her first vaccine tomorrow.
WetEV wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:31 am
Not gone yet.

He still has 13 days to burn the buildings, salt the fields and poison the wells. Pence could start the 25th Amendment process, and Congress then has 21 days to overide. Which requires a vote to override. And Nancy and Mitch might just be too busy to schedule such a vote.

I'll say one thing good. He did not get in the way of COVID vaccine development, and actually tried to help in his stunningly less than competent way. I give him a passing mark on this. OK, a D-, but that's better than anything else.
2011 Black Leaf SL+QC Vin. 1931
Res. 6-14-10 Order 1-25-11
EVSE: Mod'd Ver. 2 Nissan L1
Delivered 5-31-11

10 years 38000mi. 5 bars

57 panels with Enphase micro inverters

flydiver
Delivery Date: 20 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 337789

Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:44 pm

The only thing he did for vaccine development was to allow process that were already in place, and not totally screwed up by him already, to happen, without getting n the way. He was hoping for a 'miracle' he could claim to help the election. Trump does NOTHING if it doesn't benefit him in some way. As it was Pence tried to take credit....useless lickspittle.

He has not helped the roll out since he's been so busy trying to convince everyone that he actually won the election. But....he has done NOTHING to facilitate the Biden transition, including working to keep the money and process going for delivery. That has to be re-created after Biden takes office. If he's going to fail, he's going to take as many people down with him as possible.

The ONLY thing he may have done, is accidentally ruined the Republican Party, which thoroughly deserves to go down in flames.
2014 SL; Seattle, WA

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:56 pm

flydiver wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:44 pm
The only thing he did for vaccine development was to allow process that were already in place, and not totally screwed up by him already, to happen, without getting n the way.
The blessing of low expectations. For not totally screwing it up we are grateful. It could have been far worse.

Most of what Trump did was a clusterfunk. Snafu Fubar Fubab and similar. This, in a big contrast, was merely not the best. Not totally screwed up. Which is the best we could hope for.

In other news, Trump has been permanently banned from Twitter as well as Facebook.

His account has been suspended forever.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:44 pm

That's hitting him where it hurts, anyway. Kind of like the rioter who tased himself in the 'nards and died of a heart attack, while trying to steal a painting of Tip O'Neal.
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

WetEV

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:58 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:44 pm
Kind of like the rioter who tased himself in the 'nards and died of a heart attack, while trying to steal a painting of Tip O'Neal.
Probably not factual. Seems to have started as a joke, no evidence to back it up.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/capitol-riot-deaths/
and others.

One shot, one stroke, one trampled, one heart attack, one officer died the next day.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:50 pm

I saw it "reported" as being Greeson. Not by a reliable source, though. Greeson's Facebook posts previous to the riot make me somewhat less than sympathetic. An assault rifle in each hand by some Xmas decorations, with the caption 'I wish these m*ther****ers would come to my hood.' Not exactly someone on his way to a peaceful exercise of his right to dissent.
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

goldbrick
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806

Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:07 pm

In other news, Trump has been permanently banned from Twitter as well as Facebook.

His account has been suspended forever.
About time. I don't like all the entitlement jargon these days but the things he got away with for so long are beyond the pale. I hope he spends the rest of his days in court. I used to think I just wanted him to go away, now I want him to actually start paying for all the things he's done.

flydiver
Delivery Date: 20 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 337789

Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:30 pm

For the good of America Trump, and his supporting cohorts (Giuliani, Don Jr, Barr, Stone, Miller....the list is extensive) cannot be allowed to get away without repercussions. Jeez he's already pardoned damn near 100 flagrant criminals and is taking about preemptive pardons for family and himself. It's a gross misuse of power, something he is fantastically good at.

The Nixon pardon was the beginning of this kind of abhorrent leniency. If you can do whatever you damp please and suffer no consequences, what kind of reservations would you have? Trump has been bullying an lying his way through life. He's put the nation in such a hole that it could take a decade to crawl out of it. The whole while the f**king republicans will be saying, "see, it's the democrats fault".
2014 SL; Seattle, WA

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:21 pm

Quite a dilemma for the GOP. This is probably their last chance to stop the fascists from overtaking the party but doing so will put them not only in political danger but considerable personal danger. They missed their chance with the last impeachment and consoled themselves with the idea that he'd "learned his lesson". The only lesson he learned was that he could get away with anything.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

WetEV

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:49 pm

Nubo wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:21 pm
Quite a dilemma for the GOP. This is probably their last chance to stop the fascists from overtaking the party but doing so will put them not only in political danger but considerable personal danger. They missed their chance with the last impeachment and consoled themselves with the idea that he'd "learned his lesson". The only lesson he learned was that he could get away with anything.
Trump controls the GOP.

The only interesting question is does the GOP split?

And if so, what does the split look like?

Does Mitt lead the Mormons into the wilderness? Does Lisa, a few others and Susan follow?

Or does Mitch kick out the hard Trumpers from the Senate Republican Caucus?

All the splits seem unlikely to me. Yet this needs to happen, or the GOP dies out as they can't elect even dog catchers and the Democratic party splits, years from now.
WetEV
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

Return to “Politics & Other Controversial Topics”