eplus

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:00 pm

When I first saw the 2018 screen, the small size really stood out within the large, black, tablet-looking infotainment area. The new Plus screen looks like a better fit.

LEAF

LEAF Plus

I can't help but think they held back on this to entice Plus sales. I wouldn't expect the next step of a full-size screen with no buttons or knobs to be released until a full redesign of the LEAF, if that occurs.

eplus

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Did they at one point say a redesigned Nissan Connect EV app would be out around the same time as the LEAF Plus? I looked back for the announcement from a few months ago but couldn’t find anything.

GRA

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:53 pm

cwerdna wrote:<snip>
There is https://www.tesla.com/trips which seems incomplete on the vehicle selections, but if you put in say San Jose, CA to Los Angeles, CA, it even tells you wish SCs to stop and at for how long (e.g. Harris Ranch for 10 minutes and Bakersfield for 30 minutes).

Going that route in my Bolt or a '18+ Leaf would be problematic and one might have to take 101 or 99 (instead of the I-5 which is the preferred route for ICEVs), besides needing to make more stops, for much longer.
EA has QCs in Patterson and Firebaugh (actually, both are on I-5) "Coming soon", and unlike Tesla that actually means something. It will still take you longer owing to slower charging, and they'll need at least one more south of Firebaugh (no doubt already planned) to make it easily doable, but I suspect it will be possible to go I-5 rather than .SR. 99 by the end of the year at the latest.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

golfcart
Delivery Date: 21 Nov 2015

Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:31 am

Has anyone seen an S Plus available at a dealer? When I search on Nissan USA's inventory page I can't find a single one in stock but there are SV Plus and SL Plus available all over the place.

With the current lease incentives I wonder if they are holding back on it for now or something. An S Plus with the all-weather looks like a hell of a deal compared to a loaded 40kWh SV.
2018 SV
Build Date: 2/18
Date in Service: 3/19

jonathanfields4ever
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2018

Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:27 pm

golfcart wrote:Has anyone seen an S Plus available at a dealer? When I search on Nissan USA's inventory page I can't find a single one in stock but there are SV Plus and SL Plus available all over the place.

With the current lease incentives I wonder if they are holding back on it for now or something. An S Plus with the all-weather looks like a hell of a deal compared to a loaded 40kWh SV.
I think they announced that the 60kWh is only available in the upper trims.

golfcart
Delivery Date: 21 Nov 2015

Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:38 pm

I can build an S Plus in the Nissan webpage I just can't find any. Do u have a link for that. If that for a limited time?
2018 SV
Build Date: 2/18
Date in Service: 3/19

BrockWI
Delivery Date: 28 Mar 2014
Leaf Number: 423875

Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:51 pm

I know we very rarely had base trims. Our dealer got about 10 SV & SL's to the S, he said no one wanted them, so I bought one :) I am guessing most dealers will start with the SV & SL and then later maybe stock the S's?
2013 S model with QC package Mar of 2013
lost first bar @ 72k
@100k miles - 57.3Ahr - 87.62SOH - 84.13Hx - 241GID
3.3 kw solar pv - XW6048 - eight L16's
4 ton GSHP - 1 ton ASHP
2003 VW TDI 210k miles - 52 mpg lifetime
EVSE level 2 - Clipper Creek HSC-40

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm

With the 40kwh Leaf, IIRC, the SL was the first one on lots - maximum profit.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GRA

Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:54 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:
SageBrush wrote:
Newbie wrote: F.e.
Do you want to write the abbreviation of "for example" ?

It is E.g.
Thank you for writing this out. I actually didn’t know what he meant by F.e. Now it seems obvious. Yes, e.g. is the accepted abbreviation (from Latin, not English)
OT. It's interesting that we consider abbreviations based on words from a dead language to be "correct", while those based on the English word or phrase meaning the same thing are "incorrect". I make use of e.g., i.e. and ca. ("exempli gratia", "id est" and "circa" respectively) all the time, but I'd never really thought about why. Perhaps it's time we all start using f.e. and t.i. rather than e.g. and i.e. We can keep ca. since we use the word itself. Of course, English has borrowed words and phrases from every language it's ever come in contact with.

I suspect it's all a hold-over from the era when the upper classes used knowledge of Latin and Greek as one more way of separating them from the hoi polloi (Greek for "the masses" or "the common people"). Maybe this will change, with the large-scale adoption of internet abbreviations for English phrases - I wonder what the Latin version of LMAO might be? :D Edit: Wouldn't you know it, there's a couple of online English - Latin translators - one translates "Laughing My Ass Off" as "Risum Mihi Asinum Off" and the other "Mihi Asinum Off Ridens" - I guess there's no translation for "off". What price " RMAO" or "MAOR"! And now for something completely the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsawP_Ew0r4

John Cleese taught Latin and several other subjects at his public school for a couple of years after graduating from Cambridge, a fact which is largely responsible for both the above scene and the "sex education" scene in "The Meaning of Life". And remember, "Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations". That's a lot more useful than "42".
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 pm

I thought someone was asking in one of these threads if anyone had bought a Leaf Plus yet...
golfcart wrote:Has anyone seen an S Plus available at a dealer? When I search on Nissan USA's inventory page I can't find a single one in stock but there are SV Plus and SL Plus available all over the place.
FWIW, I was at https://www.stevencreeknissan.com/ to try to see what they'd give me for my '13 Leaf (ridiculously low), and before I left, I asked if they had any Leaf Plus in stock. The appraiser guy claimed he didn't sell cars only appraise, but he said something like "the 62?" Anyway, after talking to him and another sales droid, yes, we determined we were talking about the 62 kWh Leaf.

They said they didn't have any, only the "150 mile" one. I asked when they'd get any. Reply: In the next 3 to 4 months...

Sales droid made some remarks that they can't usually sell Leafs for a profit or much of a profit at all. He hinted that 62 kWh Leaf would start out at MSRP.

The dealer changed ownership recently. It was previously part of one of three "Premier" Nissans in the Bay Area.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”