cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: RapidGate Fix?

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:40 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:His Statement;

"HERE IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM NISSAN USA ON THIS ISSUE.

I spoke with my PR contact from Nissan USA today, and here is the official statement for NISSAN USA. Yes, there is an update, but it is for European 2018 LEAF owners within a certain manufacturing date ONLY.
I further asked about how Nissan USA arrived at the decision not to offer this change to USA customers, and this was the response:

"the decision not to extend the European SW date to the US was based on actual charging session data that the 2018 LEAF fleet generates, and the repair requests that dealers receive from owners presenting this issue".

Essentially Nissan has data that shows that a very small number of the affected 2018 LEAF universe actually experience this situation, and they have no dealer service data with customers presenting the symptoms of this type of slowdown to be fixed on their cars."

IOW; Nissan has decided we early adopters do not deserve the right to choose. :evil:
On this note, it was suggested at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 95#p560395, that the "last day" to purchase/lease a vehicle that would qualify for NCTC of 7/7/19 might further reduce the % drivers complaining. If so and they don't extend it... that is kinda clever.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm

retrodog wrote:Hi, I'm a representative of the Nissan Corporation. Just a few points:

1. You don't want a "fix" to the "rapidgate" charging rate limit without actively cooling your battery pack, as it would fry your batteries.
2. We will not send you an update to fry your batteries because that would void your warranty.
3. Get a Chevy Volt if you want to take long road trips in your EV.

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to me on the message boards any time. However, I don't take phone calls or direct e-mails as there are way too many people who drive EVs and I can't be bothered by all of them.

Disclaimer: I'm not really a representative of Nissan, but if I were... that's what I'd post. And maybe that's why I'm not.
Please edit this with something like an asterisk leading to your statement at the end saying you are NOT a Nissan rep.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

retrodog
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:57 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
retrodog wrote:Hi, I'm a representative of the Nissan Corporation. Just a few points:

1. You don't want a "fix" to the "rapidgate" charging rate limit without actively cooling your battery pack, as it would fry your batteries.
2. We will not send you an update to fry your batteries because that would void your warranty.
3. Get a Chevy Volt if you want to take long road trips in your EV.

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to me on the message boards any time. However, I don't take phone calls or direct e-mails as there are way too many people who drive EVs and I can't be bothered by all of them.

Disclaimer: I'm not really a representative of Nissan, but if I were... that's what I'd post. And maybe that's why I'm not.
Please edit this with something like an asterisk leading to your statement at the end saying you are NOT a Nissan rep.
Oops, I completely missed that. Thanks for the catch.

Too late. Somebody already deleted it. Well I almost always add a disclaimer. I guess I got distracted in the middle of this one. So sorry.
President and only member of the Machine Gun Toting Electric Scooter Riders club, Texas chapter.

LeftieBiker

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Another mod must have deleted it. There was a "report" attached to it complaining about the lack of a disclaimer. I would have just added the asterisk. Sorry.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Durandal
Delivery Date: 22 Sep 2016
Leaf Number: 025018

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:24 am

I can't help but mildly troll, in my most recent roadtrip, I was charging at 147kW for a period of time before it scaled back to 70kW and then when I hit 80% it was down to 25kW. :lol:

Something I could never have in my Leaf, as it doesn't have active thermal management... Good thing I traded it in. Wanting a Leaf to fast charge more than once is like wanting my Chevy Volt to go 300mi on electric only like I can do on my Model 3...
Pulled the trigger on going EV on 10/2016 with a 2012 Leaf SL, traded it in and now I'm a very happy Tesla Model 3 owner.

tcherniaev
Delivery Date: 23 Jan 2012

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:59 pm

I just got the update installed on my 2018 LEAF. Dealer's receipt states that "customer is requesting we complete update for battery NTB19056"

It is not a recall, so you have to ask for it by name (at least this was the case at my dealership).

I will report shortly after I had a chance to do a QC. At these temperatures even my first QC is normally limited, so we shall see.

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:06 pm

tcherniaev wrote:
I just got the update installed on my 2018 LEAF. Dealer's receipt states that "customer is requesting we complete update for battery NTB19056"

It is not a recall, so you have to ask for it by name (at least this was the case at my dealership).

I will report shortly after I had a chance to do a QC. At these temperatures even my first QC is normally limited, so we shall see.
Definitely not a recall and lets be honest; where did you hear about this update? From Nissan?? LOL!!

In fact, most will find their service advisor completely clueless about this update so have reference numbers in hand when you call
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

henrydehoja
Delivery Date: 12 Sep 2018
Leaf Number: 317129

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:19 pm

tcherniaev wrote:

I posted about the "fix" here for Leafs in North America:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29902

Nissan gives out the "fix" if customers complain about quick charging.
2018 Nissan Leaf S w/QC
Placed in action: 9/2018

tcherniaev
Delivery Date: 23 Jan 2012

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:37 pm

Finally tested "the fix". It does improve charging some, but you still get limited pretty severely. I think they just moved up the curve. In the past, being in a hot climate, I would get limited on my first charge to something like 30kw, and down to 15kw or less on subsequent charges. Now I get 40 or even 47kw on the first charge, then mid to hight 20s on the second charge.

LeftieBiker

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:13 pm

tcherniaev wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:37 pm
Finally tested "the fix". It does improve charging some, but you still get limited pretty severely. I think they just moved up the curve. In the past, being in a hot climate, I would get limited on my first charge to something like 30kw, and down to 15kw or less on subsequent charges. Now I get 40 or even 47kw on the first charge, then mid to hight 20s on the second charge.

Thanks for posting that info.
BAFX OBDII Dongle

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”