Updated Smartphone App (NissanConnect EV)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

At one point during the early days of LEAF Plus official news releases, there was mention of a updated app to coincide with the US release of the Plus series in the spring. With the Plus series now available, I’m wondering when the app update is coming. I cannot seem to find reference to it anymore.

Does anyone else remember this bit if news from before or know anything about the app update coming out?

Finally found it. It was on the European press release.

An all-new and improved NissanConnect EV app will also be available when the new LEAF 3.ZERO goes on sale in Europe.
https://europe.nissannews.com/en-GB/releases/release-90b1ce83155c6b12ec5c018c9a0239df-nissan-announces-leaf-3zero-and-leaf-3zero-e-limited-edition-with-higher-output-and-longer-range-2#

I think it’s been for sale in Europe for a few weeks, so will we see the update soon?

Nissan just updated their app on 04/16/19 to version 6.3.7 ... everything seems to work except when I select the refresh button it doesn't give me an updated status... any other users having problems with their new version of Nissan Connect EV & Services?

It appears my climate control functions are working. I even did the trick and pulled the 20 amp fuse to reset the modem but no update yet.

Looks like it's working okay at the website: https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/

Interesting! I thought it was just me, or my new car behaving oddly. I also found that the website still works to load the current state of charge, and the app can still retrieve your driving history.

Astros said:
the app can still retrieve your driving history.
What kind of driving history are you seeing and what section are you in? That has never worked in the app for me.

eplus said:
Astros said:
the app can still retrieve your driving history.
What kind of driving history are you seeing and what section are you in? That has never worked in the app for me.

Reports & Activity -> My EV -> Electricity Usage Records

A minor bug is that, for me at least, the dates appear to be entered using Japan's time zone.

Interesting, everything under Reports & Activity has always been without data for me.

Last time I was able to update battery status was 15 Apr at 1711 PDT. Since then it clocks for two minutes, then silently fails. What is it about auto maker infotainment systems and mobile apps, that they have to uniformly suck?

Coinneach said:
What is it about auto maker infotainment systems and mobile apps, that they have to uniformly suck?
I’m not sure who their vendors are, but that is a big part of it.

I have a similar problem. My app last updated on April 15, 2019 at 8:58 PM. It won't update to a more recent status and today's charge (as of April 18).

As a result, I cannot tell whether the charge is complete, etc.

HCL

LeftieBiker said:
I have a notification on my phone, saying that the Nissan servers will be down (heh!) Sunday 4/21, from 7:00pm (EST?) to 10PM, for an upgrade.

I got the same notification, as well as an email response to me asking what was up (or, you know, not) with their systems. Seems they're having issues. (maybe they use Wipro devs?)

For what it's worth, I've found the free iPhone app "EVA" is still able to access my Leaf's current charge level, even though the NissanConnect EV app isn't. That app can pretty much only get the state of charge and remotely start climate control, though.

Astros said:
For what it's worth, I've found the free iPhone app "EVA" is still able to access my Leaf's current charge level, even though the NissanConnect EV app isn't. That app can pretty much only get the state of charge and remotely start climate control, though.

Thanks for the tip: I've never seen/used that app!
I find it fascinating that it currently works while the Nissan app doesn't. I also like how it tells you when it's communicating with the server...then the car.

Back