corkycal
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:39 am
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2020
Leaf Number: 309263
Location: Southbay

Re: 2018 Leaf SV led fog upgrade?

Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:15 pm

Ed, what color H11 bulbs did you get? Do they match the DLR lights and headlights?

They seem a little on the blue side as opposed to white.

Triggerhappy007
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:08 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2019

Re: 2018 Leaf SV led fog upgrade?

Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:33 am

corkycal wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:15 pm
Ed, what color H11 bulbs did you get? Do they match the DLR lights and headlights?

They seem a little on the blue side as opposed to white.
I think Ed got these from that part number on the box:
https://www.amazon.com/Alla-Lighting-28 ... B07G5WJ4ZK

They're listed at 6500K, which is more bluish. If you want more white, get one that's between 4000K-5000K.
2020 Leaf Plus SV Tech & All Weather
2019 Leaf SL - traded in
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited AST

edorfox
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 9:37 am
Delivery Date: 21 Apr 2018
Leaf Number: 304423
Location: Bremerton, WA 98312

Re: 2018 Leaf SV led fog upgrade?

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Hi,
Just casually looking at the lights at night, they look nearly the same color as the LED headlights. Maybe a slight difference, not much. Actually the "upgrade" did very little to improve the left-right illumination I was hoping for, I guess the reflector design is to blame for that. My Toyota van has fog lamps running H11 bulbs and are FAR superior in that regard to the Leaf's even with the LED bulbs. My goal was to be able to "see" the idiots walking around on dark rainy nights all dressed in black with their hoodies pulled up...Darwin was right.

Ed
2018 Leaf SV Gunmetal

corkycal
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:39 am
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2020
Leaf Number: 309263
Location: Southbay

Re: 2018 Leaf SV led fog upgrade?

Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Ed and Trigger,

Thanks for the reply. Was there a lot of space behind where you plug in the H8 socket? I’m looking at LED with cooling fans in the rear that may stick out a little more compare to what you’re using. Maybe 1.5-2.0” more.

Wouldn’t want to buy these only to find out there’s something close to the bulb area where it would hit.

corkycal
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:39 am
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2020
Leaf Number: 309263
Location: Southbay

Re: 2018 Leaf SV led fog upgrade?

Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:12 pm

Ed,

To access the fog light bulbs, remove three 10mm bolts? Just going by the pictures you posted. Pry down gently the flaps and grab the bulbs?

RGNissan23
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:36 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Jul 2019
Leaf Number: 312899

Re: 2018 Leaf SV led fog upgrade?

Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:24 am

GerryAZ wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:08 am
I replaced map, dome, and cargo lights with LEDs in 2011. 2015 and 2019 already have LED map lights from factory so I just had to replace dome and cargo lights. The bright white LEDs are a significant improvement, especially for the cargo area. I really noticed the difference when moving personal stuff from the 2015 to the 2019 the evening I picked up the new car.
Hello GerryAZ. Where did you get the LED map lights for your 2019 Leaf? I thought those were solded to a board and can't be replaced. If there is a way to replace the map lights to LED I am very interested. Thanks.

RGNissan23
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:36 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Jul 2019
Leaf Number: 312899

Re: 2018 Leaf SV led upgrade?

Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:30 am

edorfox wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:42 pm
YES! LED Fog Lamps are a huge improvement! Bought these off The Big A-zon for around $25 took all of 30 minutes to install (with power driver). They're not listed as H8...but H11 and are compatible according "to them". ;)
No night drive yet but they're almost as bright as the LED headlamps...just gotta be better! Now, will they last???

Ed
Hello Ed. I was thinking of changing the fog lights of my 2019 Leaf to LED, but change them with the ones with cooling fans built in. The ones with cooling fans are longer in the bottom. I am unsure if they will fit properly. Do you have a picture of the new lights plugged in from the inside? Thanks.

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: 2018 Leaf SV led fog upgrade?

Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:42 pm

RGNissan23 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:24 am
GerryAZ wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:08 am
I replaced map, dome, and cargo lights with LEDs in 2011. 2015 and 2019 already have LED map lights from factory so I just had to replace dome and cargo lights. The bright white LEDs are a significant improvement, especially for the cargo area. I really noticed the difference when moving personal stuff from the 2015 to the 2019 the evening I picked up the new car.
Hello GerryAZ. Where did you get the LED map lights for your 2019 Leaf? I thought those were solded to a board and can't be replaced. If there is a way to replace the map lights to LED I am very interested. Thanks.
I replaced the map lights in the 2011 with LED's. Both 2015 and 2019 already had LED map lights from the factory so I did not need to replace them. I just replaced the dome light and cargo light bulbs with LED's in the 2015 and 2019.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015; traded 8/10/2019 at 82,436 miles
White LEAF 2019 SL Plus purchased 8/10/2019

RGNissan23
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:36 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Jul 2019
Leaf Number: 312899

Re: 2018 Leaf SV led fog upgrade?

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:50 am

GerryAZ wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:42 pm
RGNissan23 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:24 am
GerryAZ wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:08 am
I replaced map, dome, and cargo lights with LEDs in 2011. 2015 and 2019 already have LED map lights from factory so I just had to replace dome and cargo lights. The bright white LEDs are a significant improvement, especially for the cargo area. I really noticed the difference when moving personal stuff from the 2015 to the 2019 the evening I picked up the new car.
Hello GerryAZ. Where did you get the LED map lights for your 2019 Leaf? I thought those were solded to a board and can't be replaced. If there is a way to replace the map lights to LED I am very interested. Thanks.
I replaced the map lights in the 2011 with LED's. Both 2015 and 2019 already had LED map lights from the factory so I did not need to replace them. I just replaced the dome light and cargo light bulbs with LED's in the 2015 and 2019.
Okay, if they are LEDs then they are the yellow color LEDs. I want to replace them with white LEDs to match the others.

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”