Anyone starting logging 62kWh battery health data?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoulderLeaf

Hi all,

Is anyone logging their Plus's 62kWh battery health data regularly?

I know some saw non-trivial degredation on their 40kWh battery the first year and so I think it would be informative to have some preliminary health info about the 62kWh battery going into summer, even before it gets warm.

Anyone plan to do this?

I've been tracking the battery stats of my SL Plus, but I've only had it two months. I tracked the stats of the 2018 I traded in for the Plus as well, and that had almost exactly the same degradation rate over the first two months as I have seen so far.

Astros said:
I've been tracking the battery stats of my SL Plus, but I've only had it two months. I tracked the stats of the 2018 I traded in for the Plus as well, and that had almost exactly the same degradation rate over the first two months as I have seen so far.

Oh nice. Can I ask what you are seeing at the first two months?

I'm tracking as well but have only had mine a month, 1300 miles. SOH at 99.02, to soon to report any data trends yet though.

It looks like the Leaf Plus degradation has another feature in common with the 2018: mine just lost an entire AHr of battery capacity (via LeafSpy) over the last week of regular driving. My 2018 seemed to recalibrate every three months and lose up to 1 AHr each time, which is about the same as the gradual capacity loss over those entire three months. The good news, I suppose, is that I seem to be losing the same amount of absolute capacity as with the 40kWh battery, so with the bigger battery I'm getting a smaller percentage drop (1% vs 1.4% after two months and 2,000 miles).

I've been grabbing LeafSpy data periodically. Here's my battery degradation vice odo trend the last few months with a linear trendline projected.
tQou5aq.png

BoulderLeaf said:
Hi all,

Is anyone logging their Plus's 62kWh battery health data regularly?

I know some saw non-trivial degredation on their 40kWh battery the first year and so I think it would be informative to have some preliminary health info about the 62kWh battery going into summer, even before it gets warm.

Anyone plan to do this?

Due to the "EXACT" same degradation characteristics of LEAFs all over the World, I would put little if any stock into what the BMS is reporting. It has become obvious that some event is happening every 90 days with readings in between being all but useless. I still track my stats daily out of habit more than anything but also to track miles driven, etc.

For 15 months, I had assumed the LEAF has finally decided an increase in battery health was not possible but leave it to Nissan to stay the course since my last 90 day adjustment went up. I guess we shall see what October brings.

umdkevin said:
I've been grabbing LeafSpy data periodically. Here's my battery degradation vice odo trend the last few months with a linear trendline projected.
tQou5aq.png

so anyway... I'll go ahead and continue to keep track and post updated 62 kWh degradation in the future... obviously, represents a single vehicle datapoint.

umdkevin said:
umdkevin said:
tQou5aq.png

so anyway... I'll go ahead and continue to keep track and post updated 62 kWh degradation in the future... obviously, represents a single vehicle datapoint.

Yeah, looks like we will be hearing from you around mid Oct. Right on schedule. That is just about when my next adjustment will happen. I am predicting Oct 10th so a few days before yours.

umdkevin said:
umdkevin said:
tQou5aq.png

Thank you for the detailed report!

Can I ask where you are located? Do you see significantly high average temps?

BoulderLeaf said:
Thank you for the detailed report!

Can I ask where you are located? Do you see significantly high average temps?

Maryland, pretty moderate temps. Not sure we even had a 100 degree day this summer.

DaveinOlyWA said:
umdkevin said:
umdkevin said:
tQou5aq.png

Yeah, looks like we will be hearing from you around mid Oct. Right on schedule. That is just about when my next adjustment will happen. I am predicting Oct 10th so a few days before yours.

Do with of you have any updates on your battery stats? DaveinOlyWA, did your battery "adjust" as predicted? umdkevin, do you have an updated graph of battery stats? If things continued to progress as they did then I'd expect you to be right at about 96% now.

Thank you both for continuing to report your battery health!

There's some more recent data posted here: 'The 62kWh Battery Topic' https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30585

(I don't know why this thread didn't come up in my search before.)

BoulderLeaf said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
umdkevin said:

Do with of you have any updates on your battery stats? DaveinOlyWA, did your battery "adjust" as predicted? umdkevin, do you have an updated graph of battery stats? If things continued to progress as they did then I'd expect you to be right at about 96% now.

Thank you both for continuing to report your battery health!

Sorry for late reply but on my 40 kwh LEAF, I did NOT see an adjustment due in October and 5 weeks later, swapped it for my E Plus which has exhibited the same 90 day adjustment pattern.

Unlike the 40 kwh which was consistent with everyone I came in contact with around the world, some are seeing increases on the 2nd or 3rd adjustment. As someone mentioned, the larger pack means losing the same amount of capacity (ahr) but resulting in a lower percentage of the overall pack. I am posting my stats as of this morning in my sig.

I flatten around 92-93% would give the battery a 10% true buffer, which is what I think Nissan is doing. I think this is why in spite of dire predictions, we haven’t seen any 2018s lose s bar yet. We might see that next year though, after the cars fall off the bumper to bumper warranty.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I flatten around 92-93% would give the battery a 10% true buffer, which is what I think Nissan is doing. I think this is why in spite of dire predictions, we haven’t seen any 2018s lose s bar yet. We might see that next year though, after the cars fall off the bumper to bumper warranty.

NOT coincidentally; the difference in SOC between the GOM and LS is also about 10%

Back