Blueflex2
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:26 am
Delivery Date: 27 Feb 2020

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:16 pm

Incredible Shinking SOH (update June 19)
2020 SL plus built 12/19
delivered Feb 27 2020

Initial SOH  99.36   Hx  98.18   AHr  175.27
May 31        99.08          99.89
June 2          98.65         
June 10        96.66          99.92    AHr  170.51
June 15       95.24          99.92    AHr  168.00
June 17  94.60   100.03    AHr  166.87
June 19 93.80 101.08 AHr 165.46

ODO 2083
So, a bms problem: buffering gone haywire purgatory; battery
degradation hell, or who knows?

Charged to 100% (98.5% LS), disconnected OBD dongle which
was always on until now. See what happens!

danrjones
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:29 pm

II just posted some interesting data from a trip today in the 40 battery thread.,

But my HX dropped today from 108.82% to 108.64% by the end of the trip despite my battery being over123f by the end of the trip.
Be interesting to see HX the nest few days after said trip.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

Learjet
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:04 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Mar 2020
Leaf Number: 309454
Location: Louisiana, USA

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:36 pm

2,500 miles...note...Odometer on LS has never been correct.
2019 SL plus

Image
2019 Nissan Leaf SL Plus

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Blueflex. You are in new territory for us. Do cells look balanced?
2019 S Plus (98.06% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.77% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

Blueflex2
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:26 am
Delivery Date: 27 Feb 2020

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:14 pm

DougWantsALeaf All cells seem healthy and balanced. Did optimal balancing
(I think) on 100% charge just done.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15050
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:54 am

Blueflex2 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:16 pm
Incredible Shinking SOH (update June 19)
2020 SL plus built 12/19
delivered Feb 27 2020

Initial SOH  99.36   Hx  98.18   AHr  175.27
May 31        99.08          99.89
June 2          98.65         
June 10        96.66          99.92    AHr  170.51
June 15       95.24          99.92    AHr  168.00
June 17  94.60   100.03    AHr  166.87
June 19 93.80 101.08 AHr 165.46

ODO 2083
So, a bms problem: buffering gone haywire purgatory; battery
degradation hell, or who knows?

Charged to 100% (98.5% LS), disconnected OBD dongle which
was always on until now. See what happens!
What is your location? what is your charging habits? I don't know anyone as low as you. 5% adjustment is insane. Guessing it due to low usage. What SOC is your car normally at?
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 13,705 mi, 93.41% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15050
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:56 am

Learjet wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:36 pm
2,500 miles...note...Odometer on LS has never been correct.
2019 SL plus

Image
Yeah, its a bug and there is a fix. I can't remember it now but it started with 40 kwh pack. It is taking your odometer reading thinking its km's and converting it to miles.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 13,705 mi, 93.41% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15050
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:59 am

2018 LEAFer @ 2½ years and 78,000 miles with SOH "in the low 90's%. I am waiting for screenshot but guessing he meant 90,XX%. No noticeable loss in range and at nearly 30,000 miles a year, guessing he stresses the range limit occasionally or DC's a lot.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 13,705 mi, 93.41% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blueflex2
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:26 am
Delivery Date: 27 Feb 2020

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Incredible Shinking SOH (update June 19)
2020 SL plus built 12/19
delivered Feb 27 2020 Southern Interior B.C.

Initial  SOH  99.36   Hx  98.18   AHr  175.27
May 31         99.08          99.89
June 2          98.65         
June 10        96.66          99.92    AHr  170.51
June 15        95.24          99.92    AHr  168.00
June 17        94.60        100.03    AHr  166.87
June 19        93.80        101.08    AHr  165.46

ODO  2083
So, a bms problem:  buffering gone haywire purgatory; battery
degradation hell, or who knows?

Charged to 100% (98.5% LS), disconnected OBD dongle which
was always on until now.  See what happens!

So finally on June 20 there was no drop. SOH remained at 93.80%.
Up until yesterday I always charged from no lower than 30% to no
higher than 75%.

Was the SOH fall stopped by the full charge or by removing
the OBD reader or is all this coincidence?

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15050
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Requesting Hx values for all 40/62 kwh LEAFers

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:37 am

Blueflex2 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:02 pm
Incredible Shinking SOH (update June 19)
2020 SL plus built 12/19
delivered Feb 27 2020 Southern Interior B.C.

Initial  SOH  99.36   Hx  98.18   AHr  175.27
May 31         99.08          99.89
June 2          98.65         
June 10        96.66          99.92    AHr  170.51
June 15        95.24          99.92    AHr  168.00
June 17        94.60        100.03    AHr  166.87
June 19        93.80        101.08    AHr  165.46

ODO  2083
So, a bms problem:  buffering gone haywire purgatory; battery
degradation hell, or who knows?

Charged to 100% (98.5% LS), disconnected OBD dongle which
was always on until now.  See what happens!

So finally on June 20 there was no drop. SOH remained at 93.80%.
Up until yesterday I always charged from no lower than 30% to no
higher than 75%.

Was the SOH fall stopped by the full charge or by removing
the OBD reader or is all this coincidence?
coincidence.

Based on your average usage under 600 miles a month, I would not charge past 70% SOC unless you need it for that day and it would appear that is very rare. Forget everything you heard about the benefits of charging to 100%. It simply isn't true. It is merely the lazy way out.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 13,705 mi, 93.41% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”