Second hand Nissan Leaf s mileage/bars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruben

Hello everyone,

I bought a second hand Nissan Leaf s who has - 32,255 km of mileage but only have 7 bars. Is that normal? Because to me it seems that loosing 5 bars with only 32,255 km of mileage doesn't add up!

You need to give us the year of the car. I'm going to guess, though, that it's a 2013 that was built before April of 2013. (The build year and month are on a sticker on the driver's side door sill.) Until April of 2013, Leafs came with terrible batteries that degraded quickly - especially in hotter climates. I'm going to link my used Leaf buying guide. If you can return that Leaf for a refund, please do it ASAP.

BTW, odometer mileage has little or no relationship to remaining battery capacity. It's all about how the battery was treated, and in cases like this, how badly designed the battery was...

https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662&p=538030

Ruben said:
Hello everyone,

I bought a second hand Nissan Leaf s who has - 32,255 km of mileage but only have 7 bars. Is that normal? Because to me it seems that loosing 5 bars with only 32,255 km of mileage doesn't add up!

KMs on the odometer tell you nothing about the condition of the battery pack. Yours has almost certainly spent considerable time in a hot climate, and/or it's a 2011/2012, or perhaps as Lefty suggested a Q1 2013 LEAF.

Hope you got it for less than $5k, otherwise you over paid.

If the car is indeed a Leaf S, then it can't be a 2011 or 2012 - the S was introduced in 2013. That's why I was so specific: the first three months of 2013 produced gen 1.5 Leafs with first generation battery chemistry (even though the cases were the newer version) so an S built in that period would have the dreaded "Canary Pack."

Back