Is the LEAF compatible with Tesla charging stations in the UK?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenLeaf21

Is Nissan Leaf compatible with Tesla charging points in the UK? If not, are there Nissan/car model agnostic charging points? London based.

Just about to pick up Leaf and getting nervous!

GreenLeaf21 said:
Is Nissan Leaf compatible with Tesla charging points in the UK? If not, are there Nissan/car model agnostic charging points? London based.

Just about to pick up Leaf and getting nervous!

UK Tesla is CCS, and UK LEAF is Chademo. Not compatible.

Suggested link.

https://www.zap-map.com/

Are you thinking of Tesla's Destination Chargers? They are all equipped with a Type 2-cable which will fit 2nd gen Leaf from 2018, but not necessarily charge. The reason for the latter is that the Destination Chargers can be set up to support all EVs with a Type 2-port or only Tesla-cars. The Destination Chargers will not fit a 1st gen Leaf (2011-17) as these are equipped with a Type 1-port, or J1772.

Tesla's Superchargers will not work on any other EV than Tesla (for now at least...). These used to have a Type 2-connector in Europe, which again will fit a 2nd-gen Leaf, but not do anything. I believe there is a mixture of Type 2- and CCS-connectors on Tesla Superchargersd as older Teslas might not be converted to CCS yet.

Back