Understanding and Using Bias Tape in Sewing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedrowilson

I will be taking possession of the 2021 leaf SV plus next week. What I was wondering is - What should I do next? What do I look to check, sort out, tweak, etc., to get my new car run smoothly and reliably? Any tips?

Assuming that the post is genuine, I suggest that the tire pressures be set at about 38-42psi, depending on weather and ride preference. This will improve both range and steering response. 36 psi is commonly set by dealerships, and that's a bit too soft. If the car has a cargo cover, use foam pipe insulation, slit so it can be opened, to cover the sharp edge of the cargo cover, thus avoiding a bruised or even cut nose. (I think that Nubo may have come up with that one.)

I think you will be amazed at how trouble-free the EV is, really nothing to think about at all just get in it and drive! you can obsess about extending the range by driving in certain ways, but Leafs are fairly efficient and your driving style can't really make them much less so. One thing that takes all new owners by surprise is how much range the Leaf hides at the bottom of the % of charge scale- with the Plus you will get a readout showing percentage going from 100% down the scale, somewhere below 10% you get a blinking warning that the battery is almost dead but you should be able to drive at least ten or 15 miles after this. After a while you get to relax a bit about the bottom end of battery charge, knowing this... as others will point out there is an app called LeafSpy that helps give you accurate readings of battery percent of charge remaining but most of the leaf owners I know don't bother with it they just drive. Enjoy!

pedrowilson said:
I will be taking possession of the 2021 leaf SV plus next week. What I was wondering is - What should I do next? What do I look to check, sort out, tweak, etc., to get my new car run smoothly and reliably? Any tips?

Have you received your new Leaf SV yet? Maybe this is a little late, but you don't need to worry when you get your new car. In addition to setting the correct tire pressure, you should find out if it's easy to find a charging station near you?
and fully equipped with car accessories such as floor mats, steering wheel covers, leather seat covers, dash cams, rescue kits.

Back